Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Humidifier floor model -- hot or cold?

On Sunday, January 10, 2016 at 3:07:41 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 1/10/2016 9:26 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Sunday, January 10, 2016 at 9:12:19 AM UTC-5, Hecho en China wrote:
On 01/10/2016 09:05 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Saturday, January 9, 2016 at 8:12:44 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 1/9/2016 6:58 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, January 8, 2016 at 12:50:48 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I've got a humidifier that sits on the floor. It takes
about two gal of water per day to keep my trailer
comfortable.

Is there any advantage to feeding it with hot water?

How water will evaporate at a faster rate. But the water isn't
going to stay hot for very long. Not only will it cool just like
a bucket of hot water, but because water is constantly being
evaporated, it will cool fast, like a swamp cooler works. And
unless the humidifier is undersized and can't supply enough
moisture using cold water, what would the point be anyway?

The BTU or calories have to come from some where. Either
the water heater, or the furnace. The advantage of using
hot water is that for a few minutes, it evaporates easier.

If you knew that, then why did you post the question to begin with?

Maybe he temporarily forgot he knew? Did you ever forget where you put your car keys?

Yes, but I never forgot how a key works.

I notice so far no one has answered my question.

--

Been drinking today? I answered it and the answer was the
same damn thing you just posted.