Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bathroom Heat Lamp Chrome Fixture?

replying to joshhemming, Brendan wrote:
joshhemming wrote:

My late 1950s vintage house in West Texas has a round & slightly convex
16" chrome heating lamp fixture in the bathroom ceiling. The fixture
was made by Emerson-Pryne and has 3 5" holes into which the heat lamp
bulbs are recessed. I would like to replace the fixture, at least the
round 16" chrome cover that is visable, because over the years the
finish has rusted. Anyone know where I can find a replacement?

Hi Josh,

I am in Los Angeles and I'm also trying to find a replacement cover for
that exact Emerson Pryne heat lamp. Did you ever find a replacement? Any
help you might provide would be very much welcomed.

Thank you and Happy New Year.

Brendan

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, January 3, 2016 at 12:44:04 PM UTC-6, Brendan wrote:

replying to joshhemming, Brendan wrote:

My late 1950s vintage house in West Texas has a round & slightly convex
16" chrome heating lamp fixture in the bathroom ceiling. The fixture
was made by Emerson-Pryne and has 3 5" holes into which the heat lamp
bulbs are recessed. I would like to replace the fixture, at least the
round 16" chrome cover that is visable, because over the years the
finish has rusted. Anyone know where I can find a replacement?

Hi Josh,

I am in Los Angeles and I'm also trying to find a replacement cover for
that exact Emerson Pryne heat lamp. Did you ever find a replacement? Any
help you might provide would be very much welcomed.

Thank you and Happy New Year.

Brendan

Welcome to 2016.

Gosh, I sure hope ol' Josh had his heat
lamp problem fixed before now. Btw, he first
inquired back in ___ 2005___
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, January 3, 2016 at 2:28:57 PM UTC-5, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
[...]

10 minutes later or 10 years later, Brendan's question is valid.

He simple wants to know if Josh ever found a source for the part.

Posted to alt.home.repair

My late 1950s vintage house in West Texas has a round & slightly convex
16" chrome heating lamp fixture in the bathroom ceiling. The fixture
was made by Emerson-Pryne and has 3 5" holes into which the heat lamp
bulbs are recessed. I would like to replace the fixture, at least the
round 16" chrome cover that is visable, because over the years the
finish has rusted. Anyone know where I can find a replacement?

Hi Josh,

I am in Los Angeles and I'm also trying to find a replacement cover for
that exact Emerson Pryne heat lamp. Did you ever find a replacement? Any
help you might provide would be very much welcomed.

Nutone sells replacement grills for their heater. Not sure if the dimensions are the same: http://parts.broan-nutone.com/broan/...=8&Search.y=25

That particular model of Nutone bulb heater (#9412D) can be installed as a retrofit. I have done it at least twice, including one of my bathrooms. It is a little tricky, but if you spend some time planning you will figure a way to get it in.

John Grabowski
http://www.MrElectrician.TV

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 3 Jan 2016 12:15:53 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

[...]

Send it out to a polishing shop or plater and have it replated.
Finding a new part for a 60 or 65 year old fixture is going to be next
to impossible.