Posted to alt.home.repair

Default (OT) The Christmas Music Overload has Ended

Ever since Thanksgiving, we have been bombarded with an overload of
Christmas Music, on darn near every radio station.

Dont get me wrong, I like much of it, but TOO MUCH is TOO MUCH....
(Especially for a full month).

When the calendar went from Dec. 25, to Dec. 26 at midnight, all of a
sudden there is no Christmas music at all.... It's like someone flips a
switch at midnight and all the Christmas music is completely gone for
the next 11 months.

Why cant they begin playing it about 10 days before the holiday, and
increase it as the days get closer, then after Christmas has ended,
taper it down over a few days. After all, it's still the Christmas or
the Holiday "season". It's almost like the moment the day ends, it's
OVER entirely....

Sometimes I think it's just played to get people into stores to shop,
and now that it's over, and no one is going to shop anymore, (for
Christmas), lets not play the music at all anymore.

At least they could play it for a few more days while everyone is
returning half their gifts, to keep people in the spirit of the
holiday....

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, December 26, 2015 at 5:29:38 AM UTC-6, wrote:
[...]

It's a plot to get you to purchase more stuff. A secret government behavior modification program with the express purpose to boost the economy. ヽ(γƒ…)γƒŽ

[8~{} Uncle Plot Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/26/2015 6:25 AM, wrote:
[...]

We have two radio stations who play it 24/7. One station begins the 1st
of November and the other begins the 1st of December. Other stations
play it in the mix of their regular playlist. The station which begins
in November once started in December, but started in Nov when listeners
said they wanted more. I bet some regret that now.

I avoid those two stations who play it continuously until about a week
or so before Christmas. The Nov. beginning station is simply annoying
because it's far too early and I actually like the normal genre they
play during the off season.

Good thing we have many more stations to choose.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 26 Dec 2015 05:25:38 -0600, wrote:

Ever since Thanksgiving, we have been bombarded with an overload of
Christmas Music, on darn near every radio station.

Dont get me wrong, I like much of it, but TOO MUCH is TOO MUCH....
(Especially for a full month).

Some cut.

A couple TV stations here in Nebraska do a neat thing.
They record the high school choirs and bands doing their
Christmas music without the audience. One station plays
it Christmas Eve, the other on Christmas Day.
One of the schools had an enrollment of 90 kids
in 7-12 grades. I think some are smaller but don't know
for sure. The largest I noticed had a 9-12
enrollment of 1423.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Paint,

You can find Christmas music 24/7/365 with internet radio. This is why so
many have joined ISIS.

Dave M.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 26 Dec 2015 14:06:53 -0500, wrote:

At least they could play it for a few more days while everyone is
returning half their gifts, to keep people in the spirit of the
holiday....

You cynical old male bovine!!!

MOO !!!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Radio stations should start playing Christmas music
no sooner than DECEMBER 1st. Ideally, no more
than one holiday song per three 'regular' songs
(whatever a given station's genre). If they want
to play non-stop holiday between Christmas Eve
and Day, that's fine.

The store where I work part-time has music piped
in IP from corporate, where it is fed from a satellite.
Starting the second week of December this year,
I heard two Christmas themed tracks, then two
regular tracks. Not too bad, given that this is
retail we're talking.

On my iTunes/iPod playlist, you'd hear a Christmas
song ever 4-5 songs, and sometimes two Christmas
in a row, followed by two everyday songs. Tolerable.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 26 Dec 2015 05:25:38 -0600, wrote:

Ever since Thanksgiving, we have been bombarded with an overload of
Christmas Music, on darn near every radio station.

Tell your mother to turn it off.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 26 Dec 2015 08:17:57 -0500, Meanie
wrote:

We have two radio stations who play it 24/7. One station begins the 1st
of November and the other begins the 1st of December. Other stations
play it in the mix of their regular playlist. The station which begins
in November once started in December, but started in Nov when listeners
said they wanted more. I bet some regret that now.

We get to hear sounds from New Years Eve parties next.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 26 Dec 2015 14:06:53 -0500, wrote:

You cynical old male bovine!!!

You were about to make a point?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote: "Who says what a radio station "should" do or not do? Maybe you live
under a king. Can't think for yourself? "

Stay off the thread with your negativity! Your three
contributions here only bring everybody down.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote: "You didn't answer what I asked. Nice try at deflection. Poor attempt. "

You don't deserve an answer. I don't even know
why I'm replying to you!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

We have two radio stations who play it 24/7. One station begins the 1st
of November and the other begins the 1st of December. Other stations
play it in the mix of their regular playlist. The station which begins
in November once started in December, but started in Nov when listeners
said they wanted more. I bet some regret that now.

We get to hear sounds from New Years Eve parties next.

I listen to SiriusXM. The blues is still the blues, the 50's is still
the 50's and Christmas is available if I choose it. Worth the money for me.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 26 Dec 2015 20:34:29 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I listen to SiriusXM. The blues is still the blues, the 50's is still
the 50's and Christmas is available if I choose it. Worth the money for me.

I'm no big fan of radio in general. Too much talk and commercials. I
cant think of the last time I turned on a radio in my house. At home I
have lots of MP3s on my computer, CDs and even Vinyl records, or I watch
movies.

I just turn on the radio when I'm driving. Sure I could put a CD or MP3
player in the truck, but that's just more stuff to fall off the seat, or
get broken. And when I drive, I concentrate on the road. No phones, or
screwing around with gadgets or Cds. The radio is pretty much just turn
it on and push one of the presets.

And we cant avoid the canned music in every store, other commercial
buildings, and even overhead while we pump gas.

I would not pay for radio, just for when I drive, which is not all that
much time anyhow.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, December 27, 2015 at 3:59:42 AM UTC-6, wrote:
[...]

I'm listening to a local talk station streaming over The Internet while I type this post. The only time I listen to an actual radio is when I'm traveling in a vehicle. I've gotten to know some of the medical transport drivers and I tell them to turn up the radio so we can sing along to classic soul music. The drivers have been impressed when I recognize some of the singers and groups. ヽ(^o^)γƒŽ

[8~{} Uncle Radio Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 27 Dec 2015 06:17:25 -0600, Uncle Monster
wrote:

time anyhow.

I'm listening to a local talk station streaming over The Internet while
I type this post. The only time I listen to an actual radio is when I'm
traveling in a vehicle. I've gotten to know some of the medical
transport drivers and I tell them to turn up the radio so we can sing
along to classic soul music. The drivers have been impressed when I
recognize some of the singers and groups. ヽ(^o^)γƒŽ

[8~{} Uncle Radio Monster

I learned something odd watching ETV a few days ago. There
was a group called The Swampers. Four southern white guys. Some black
musicians mistook them for other black musicians because of how they
played.
Some famous people made their way down to Muscle Shoals, AL. Percy
Sledge,
Aretha Franklin, The Rolling Stones. You probably know about this but a
bit about it here for anyone who might be curious:
http://preview.alturl.com/2pyep

Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle Monster wrote: "I'm listening to a local talk station streaming over The Internet while I type this post. The only time I listen to an actual radio is when I'm traveling in a vehicle. I've gotten to know some of the medical transport drivers and I tell them to turn up the radio so we can sing along to classic soul music. The drivers have been impressed when I recognize some of the singers and groups. ヽ(^o^)γƒŽ "

I'm probably in the same boat in the
store I work in as you are in the truck:
We're both old enough be our co-
workers' PARENTS. Musically, they
probably never heard the stuff we
grew up with!
Posted to alt.home.repair

--

Muscle Shoals is just as famous as Nashville and they're not that far from each other. A lot of famous singers and groups have been through there.ヽ(^o^)γƒŽ

[8~{} Uncle Music Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, December 27, 2015 at 8:43:36 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Uncle Monster wrote: "I'm listening to a local talk station streaming over The Internet while I type this post. The only time I listen to an actual radio is when I'm traveling in a vehicle. I've gotten to know some of the medical transport drivers and I tell them to turn up the radio so we can sing along to classic soul music. The drivers have been impressed when I recognize some of the singers and groups. ヽ(^o^)γƒŽ "

I'm probably in the same boat in the
store I work in as you are in the truck:
We're both old enough be our co-
workers' PARENTS. Musically, they
probably never heard the stuff we
grew up with!

When I was in college I was a big fan of Frank Zappa and The Mothers of Invention. The local pop radio stations couldn't play most of their stuff because there were too many Southern Baptists around in possession of pitchforks and torches. ヽ(^o^)γƒŽ

[8~{} Uncle Hippy Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, December 27, 2015 at 8:03:07 AM UTC-8, Uncle Monster wrote:

When I was in college I was a big fan of Frank Zappa and The Mothers of Invention. The local pop radio stations couldn't play most of their stuff because there were too many Southern Baptists around in possession of pitchforks and torches. ヽ(^o^)γƒŽ

[8~{} Uncle Hippy Monster

Suzy Creamcheese?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/27/2015 06:57 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
I learned something odd watching ETV a few days ago. There
was a group called The Swampers. Four southern white guys. Some black
musicians mistook them for other black musicians because of how they
played.

The documentary, 'Muscle Shoals' covers the history of both the FAME and
Muscle Shoals Sound studios. The Swampers were pros and could create
whatever sound was required.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, December 27, 2015 at 10:43:03 AM UTC-6, Shade Tree Guy wrote:
On Sunday, December 27, 2015 at 8:03:07 AM UTC-8, Uncle Monster wrote:

When I was in college I was a big fan of Frank Zappa and The Mothers of Invention. The local pop radio stations couldn't play most of their stuff because there were too many Southern Baptists around in possession of pitchforks and torches. ヽ(^o^)γƒŽ

[8~{} Uncle Hippy Monster

Suzy Creamcheese?

Yellow Snow. ヽ(€’€Ώ€’)γƒŽ

[8~{} Uncle Husky Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/27/2015 04:23 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
One of the genres that makes me LMAO is Death Metal where all the lead singer is doing is guttural howling.

Depends on who is howling...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZT2RRGBy2M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8ayWtiS8hY

It's Official - The World has Ended..... [email protected] Home Repair 2 December 22nd 12 04:01 PM
Radio won't stop playing Christmas music Jimmy[_4_] Electronics Repair 57 December 28th 10 06:31 PM
Christmas Lights Los Angeles 310-925-1720 christmaslightinginstall.blogs… — Christmas Lights Los Angeles 310-925-1720 We sale christmas lights and install them for you, house lights, holiday lights, trees lights, christmas lights Now You Know Home Repair 0 November 24th 08 07:02 PM
Double ended fixings Mark A UK diy 11 January 20th 07 01:10 AM
That Little O Ring on M10 ended Tails [email protected] UK diy 1 July 28th 05 07:22 PM