Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 40to1 50to1

Ok my opp change plug clean sxhast port adjust carb now run more oil. If
its a home owenr saw or outher 50 hrs is all your going to get most of the
time.You might not get to run 32 to 1 but 40 to 1 well work. 20 years
keeping the lights on vegation control. P.G.E

Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

Ok my opp change plug clean sxhast port adjust carb now run more oil. If
its a home owenr saw or outher 50 hrs is all your going to get most of the
time.You might not get to run 32 to 1 but 40 to 1 well work. 20 years
keeping the lights on vegation control. P.G.E

Roger. Ten four.

As a related thing. I was looking through my junk and came up with a
handful of 10 CC syringes that they sold my wife prescription cream
in. That looks perfect for mixing up a half liter of 50:1 (one squirt)
or one and a half to make 32:1 (really 33.3)

I am thinking that I will find the capacity of my chain saw and weed
eater, do the math and figure out how much to shoot in to mix it right
in the tank. Then I only need to have raw gas, no premix.
I bet the capacity is in metric these days anyway
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Ok my opp change plug clean sxhast port adjust carb now run more oil. If
its a home owenr saw or outher 50 hrs is all your going to get most of the
time.You might not get to run 32 to 1 but 40 to 1 well work. 20 years
keeping the lights on vegation control. P.G.E

More oil is NOT the answer. Better oil is. No reason at all a
consumer grade 2 stroke cannot go 300-500 hours - without having the
exhaust plug up - with today's oils.

In Burkina Faso everyone runs old Motobecane, Solex, and Peugeot
mopeds, and they all run with standard motor oil mixed 16:1 or
heavier. The city of Ouagadougou (the capital) is under a constant oil
smoke haze. It might help control Malaria by controlling the mosquito
population ---.

Every month or so they pull the cyl heads and scrape the crap off the
pop of the piston with a wooden stick and every 6 months or so they
pull the muffler and bake it on a charcoal fire.

With good 2 stroke oil, properly mixed, you don't have ANY of those
issues.

Posted to alt.home.repair

om wrote:

Ok my opp change plug clean sxhast port adjust carb now run more oil. If
its a home owenr saw or outher 50 hrs is all your going to get most of the
time.You might not get to run 32 to 1 but 40 to 1 well work. 20 years
keeping the lights on vegation control. P.G.E

Roger. Ten four.

As a related thing. I was looking through my junk and came up with a
handful of 10 CC syringes that they sold my wife prescription cream
in. That looks perfect for mixing up a half liter of 50:1 (one squirt)
or one and a half to make 32:1 (really 33.3)

I am thinking that I will find the capacity of my chain saw and weed
eater, do the math and figure out how much to shoot in to mix it right
in the tank. Then I only need to have raw gas, no premix.
I bet the capacity is in metric these days anyway

Yopu can measure ANY capacity in metric.. Empty the tank. Fill the
tank using a metric measurig cup, syringe, or whatever so you can keep
track of exactly how many CCs you put in. Just remember if tank
mixing to fill the tank about half full of fuel, add the oil, put on
the cap, shake well, then remove the cap and fill to full. Oil and
gas need to be well mixed, and you don't want a slug of unmixed oil
getting into the carb. It doesn't go through the jets very well!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to gfretwell , Reno Simington wrote:
gfretwell wrote:

On Sat, 05 Dec 2015 01:05:28 -0500, Micky
As a related thing. I was looking through my junk and came up with a
handful of 10 CC syringes that they sold my wife prescription cream
in. That looks perfect for mixing up a half liter of 50:1 (one squirt)
or one and a half to make 32:1 (really 33.3)
I am thinking that I will find the capacity of my chain saw and weed
eater, do the math and figure out how much to shoot in to mix it right
in the tank. Then I only need to have raw gas, no premix.
I bet the capacity is in metric these days anyway

T hats good and easy to get confused if you do just start over. the saw
shop or sears has what you need in one qurt cans pre mix no alcohol.kind
of pricey no staybull. thave a good one.

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to clare , Reno Simington wrote:
clare wrote:

On Sat, 05 Dec 2015 05:44:01 +0000, Reno Simington
More oil is NOT the answer. Better oil is. No reason at all a
consumer grade 2 stroke cannot go 300-500 hours - without having the
exhaust plug up - with today's oils.
In Burkina Faso everyone runs old Motobecane, Solex, and Peugeot
mopeds, and they all run with standard motor oil mixed 16:1 or
heavier. The city of Ouagadougou (the capital) is under a constant oil
smoke haze. It might help control Malaria by controlling the mosquito
population ---.
Every month or so they pull the cyl heads and scrape the crap off the
pop of the piston with a wooden stick and every 6 months or so they
pull the muffler and bake it on a charcoal fire.
With good 2 stroke oil, properly mixed, you don't have ANY of those
issues.

3000 to 5000 on top of the line consumer grade with a cast cylinder not a
crome one. You pay when you buy home owner $ 100 junk pay $300 to $600 or
more depending on need. thease are more forgiving., well last you a long
time. I use mine all year with no worres. mostly one shot.to keep track. a
good saw can run both depending on the load and time running. heat
displacement is the key. a large bore peugeot can run 30 wt with enough
heat,large bore carb, homeowner tools one mix or get a can ready at the
saw shop or sears and may you will have some compresson next year .HAVE A
GOOD ONE !!