Posted to alt.home.repair

Default For those using Eternal Septemper, did something go wrong with this group

For those using Eternal Septemper, did something go wrong with this
group?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2015-11-17 5:30 PM, Micky wrote:
For those using Eternal Septemper, did something go wrong with this
group?

Responding from e-s, your post came through fine, if you get my response
the problem is on your end.

--
Froz...

Quando omni flunkus, moritati
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/17/2015 5:30 PM, Micky wrote:
For those using Eternal Septemper, did something go wrong with this
group?

Working for me.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 17 Nov 2015 17:30:32 -0500, Micky
wrote:

For those using Eternal Septemper, did something go wrong with this
group?

I think you mean Eternal September, not "Septemper", a typo?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

For those using Eternal Septemper, did something go wrong with this
group?

I think you mean Eternal September, not "Septemper", a typo?

Maybe that was the problem, I was connected to the wrong server,
Eternal Septemper.

Almost all of my headers and articles disappeared, I had only 200
items, 60 of them had length zero but were locked, 40 of them had
various statuses and had lenghts up to 2 million, and only about 40
looked normal.

I deleted all but the 40 normal ones and dl'd 1000 recent headers, and
everthing seems fine now.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

For those using Eternal Septemper, did something go wrong with this
group?

I think you mean Eternal September, not "Septemper", a typo?

Maybe that was the problem, I was connected to the wrong server,
Eternal Septemper.

I just assumed it was tongue in cheek to display your frustration.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

For those using Eternal Septemper, did something go wrong with this
group?

I think you mean Eternal September, not "Septemper", a typo?

Maybe that was the problem, I was connected to the wrong server,
Eternal Septemper.

Almost all of my headers and articles disappeared, I had only 200
items, 60 of them had length zero but were locked, 40 of them had
various statuses and had lenghts up to 2 million, and only about 40
looked normal.

I deleted all but the 40 normal ones and dl'd 1000 recent headers, and
everthing seems fine now.

How did you connect to a NNTP server that does not exist in DNS?

C:\ping eternalstemtemper.com

Ping request could not find host eternalstemtemper.com. Please check
the name and try again.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Correct server is:

news.eternal-september.org

I keep forgetting it is not dot com

eternal-september.org can be accessed via the following server names
and ports::

Client Settings
Server name: news.eternal-september.org
Port : 119 (NNTP)
Port : 563 (encrypted connection NNTPS)

Servername: reader80.eternal-september.org
Port : 80

Servername: reader443.eternal-september.org
Port : 443 (encrypted connection NNTPS)

The number of concurrent connections to the server is limited to 4
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

For those using Eternal Septemper, did something go wrong with this
group?

I think you mean Eternal September, not "Septemper", a typo?

Maybe that was the problem, I was connected to the wrong server,
Eternal Septemper.

Almost all of my headers and articles disappeared, I had only 200
items, 60 of them had length zero but were locked, 40 of them had
various statuses and had lenghts up to 2 million, and only about 40
looked normal.

I deleted all but the 40 normal ones and dl'd 1000 recent headers, and
everthing seems fine now.

How did you connect to a NNTP server that does not exist in DNS?

I called them up and asked real nice, and they put another server
online.

C:\ping eternalstemtemper.com

Ping request could not find host eternalstemtemper.com. Please check
the name and try again.

You have to call them first. The guys with pull take long weekends,
but I'll get you their phone number by Monday.