Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Philishave shaver not working?

Shaver simply stopped working. Have checked fuse and mains lead. Consists
mainly of circuit board and motor, I have some electronics knowledge and
have checked diodes, resistors etc. but no obvious fault. How can I tell if
it's the board or the motor? Each can be bought but wouldn't be cost
effective.

Kenny Cargill

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/12/15 3:45 PM, Kenny wrote:
Shaver simply stopped working. Have checked fuse and mains lead.
Consists mainly of circuit board and motor, I have some electronics
knowledge and have checked diodes, resistors etc. but no obvious fault.
How can I tell if it's the board or the motor? Each can be bought but
wouldn't be cost effective.

Kenny Cargill

Christmas is coming. Retailers will be offering them at substantial
savings. Just treat yourself to a new one!

--
This place has a sign hangin' over the urinal that says, "Don't eat the
big white mint".
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 12 Nov 2015 20:45:04 -0000, "Kenny" wrote:

Shaver simply stopped working. Have checked fuse and mains lead. Consists
mainly of circuit board and motor, I have some electronics knowledge and
have checked diodes, resistors etc. but no obvious fault. How can I tell if
it's the board or the motor? Each can be bought but wouldn't be cost
effective.

Kenny Cargill

Can't give you any advice. If the repair is 30% of the used value,
might be time for a new unit
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/12/2015 2:45 PM, Kenny wrote:
Shaver simply stopped working. Have checked fuse and mains lead.
Consists mainly of circuit board and motor, I have some electronics
knowledge and have checked diodes, resistors etc. but no obvious fault.
How can I tell if it's the board or the motor? Each can be bought but
wouldn't be cost effective.

Kenny Cargill

Happened once with a razor I had...it was just a bad switch

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/12/2015 5:41 PM, Kenny wrote:
Didn't think to try bypassing the switch! Have been sporting stubble
and hinting in the run up to Xmas.

If it's not the switch it's not worth fixing
new razors don't cost too much.

Kenny

"philo" wrote in message ...

On 11/12/2015 2:45 PM, Kenny wrote:
Shaver simply stopped working. Have checked fuse and mains lead.
Consists mainly of circuit board and motor, I have some electronics
knowledge and have checked diodes, resistors etc. but no obvious fault.
How can I tell if it's the board or the motor? Each can be bought but
wouldn't be cost effective.

Kenny Cargill

Happened once with a razor I had...it was just a bad switch

Posted to alt.home.repair

Kenny wrote:
Shaver simply stopped working. Have checked fuse and mains lead. Consists
mainly of circuit board and motor, I have some electronics
knowledge and have checked diodes, resistors etc. but no obvious
fault. How can I tell if it's the board or the motor? Each can be
bought but wouldn't be cost effective.

Kenny Cargill

Grow a beard .

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 12 Nov 2015 17:31:42 -0600, philo wrote:

On 11/12/2015 2:45 PM, Kenny wrote:
Shaver simply stopped working. Have checked fuse and mains lead.
Consists mainly of circuit board and motor, I have some electronics
knowledge and have checked diodes, resistors etc. but no obvious fault.

Obvious using a voltmeter, or without one?

How can I tell if it's the board or the motor?

Is there voltage at the motor? Enough to run the motor? How much?

Each can be bought but
wouldn't be cost effective.

Kenny Cargill

Happened once with a razor I had...it was just a bad switch

Sounds most likely.

UNPLUG razor and test switch with ohmmeter.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, November 12, 2015 at 6:15:52 PM UTC-6, Terry Coombs wrote:
Kenny wrote:
Shaver simply stopped working. Have checked fuse and mains lead. Consists
mainly of circuit board and motor, I have some electronics
knowledge and have checked diodes, resistors etc. but no obvious
fault. How can I tell if it's the board or the motor? Each can be
bought but wouldn't be cost effective.

Kenny Cargill

Grow a beard .
--
Snag

I've let my beard grow, it's out to 6 inches now and getting into my eyes, mouth and ears when I'm lying down and trying to sleep. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Bearded Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Kenny wrote:
Shaver simply stopped working. Have checked fuse and mains lead.
Consists mainly of circuit board and motor, I have some electronics
knowledge and have checked diodes, resistors etc. but no obvious
fault. How can I tell if it's the board or the motor? Each can be
bought but wouldn't be cost effective.

Kenny Cargill

Grow a beard .
--
Snag

I've let my beard grow, it's out to 6 inches now and getting into my
eyes, mouth and ears when I'm lying down and trying to sleep. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Bearded Monster

I have to keep mine trimmed to 6" max or it blows up in my eyes when I'm on
the motorcycle . No problems sleeping though .

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

Grow a beard .
--
Snag

I've let my beard grow, it's out to 6 inches now and getting into my eyes, mouth and ears when I'm lying down and trying to sleep. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Bearded Monster

You could do comb over or a man bun. (yikes)

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/14/2015 2:03 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

Grow a beard .
--
Snag

I've let my beard grow, it's out to 6 inches now and getting into my eyes, mouth and ears when I'm lying down and trying to sleep. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Bearded Monster

You could do comb over or a man bun. (yikes)

Maybe he should braid is add beads to the ends of each braid?

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Muggles posted for all of us...

On 11/14/2015 2:03 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

Grow a beard .
--
Snag

I've let my beard grow, it's out to 6 inches now and getting into my eyes, mouth and ears when I'm lying down and trying to sleep. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Bearded Monster

You could do comb over or a man bun. (yikes)

Maybe he should braid is add beads to the ends of each braid?

Yeah, that would be an attractive look for beady monster.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, November 14, 2015 at 2:03:43 PM UTC-6, Tekkie® wrote:
Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

Grow a beard .
--
Snag

I've let my beard grow, it's out to 6 inches now and getting into my eyes, mouth and ears when I'm lying down and trying to sleep. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Bearded Monster

You could do comb over or a man bun. (yikes)
--
Tekkie

I thought about getting one of the CNA gals to braid it for me. Perhaps cornrows? I be stylin! ^__^

[8~{} Uncle Braided Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 14 Nov 2015 14:56:41 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster
wrote:

On Saturday, November 14, 2015 at 2:03:43 PM UTC-6, Tekkie® wrote:
Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

Grow a beard .
--
Snag

I've let my beard grow, it's out to 6 inches now and getting into my eyes, mouth and ears when I'm lying down and trying to sleep. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Bearded Monster

You could do comb over or a man bun. (yikes)
--
Tekkie

I thought about getting one of the CNA gals to braid it for me. Perhaps cornrows? I be stylin! ^__^

[8~{} Uncle Braided Monster

That would be better than having nurse shave you before surgery and
cut you in the bump ugly area.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Saturday, November 14, 2015 at 2:03:43 PM UTC-6, TekkieĹ˝ wrote:
Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

Grow a beard .
--
Snag

I've let my beard grow, it's out to 6 inches now and getting into my eyes, mouth and ears when I'm lying down and trying to sleep. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Bearded Monster

You could do comb over or a man bun. (yikes)
--
Tekkie

I thought about getting one of the CNA gals to braid it for me. Perhaps cornrows? I be stylin! ^__^

[8~{} Uncle Braided Monster

That would be better than having nurse shave you before surgery and
cut you in the bump ugly area.

Hell, before I had surgery, a nurse shaved my balls. Now I have stubble getting caught in my shorts. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Testis Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 14 Nov 2015 15:46:28 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster
wrote:

That would be better than having nurse shave you before surgery and
cut you in the bump ugly area.

Hell, before I had surgery, a nurse shaved my balls. Now I have stubble getting caught in my shorts. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Testis Monster

I happy for you that she didn't use hot wax, My bride gets a new new
hip next week. Maybe they can trin her coochie near the hooray bone.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

That would be better than having nurse shave you before surgery and
cut you in the bump ugly area.

Hell, before I had surgery, a nurse shaved my balls. Now I have stubble getting caught in my shorts. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Testis Monster

I happy for you that she didn't use hot wax, My bride gets a new new
hip next week. Maybe they can trin her coochie near the hooray bone.

I'm going to try to convince the orthopedic surgeon that the circulation in my legs is good enough for me to get knee replacements. I'm tired of being unable to take care of myself, it's fraking frustrating! o_O

[8~{} Uncle Frustrated Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 14 Nov 2015 17:36:02 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster
wrote:

I'm going to try to convince the orthopedic surgeon that the circulation in my legs is good enough for me to get knee replacements. I'm tired of being unable to take care of myself, it's fraking frustrating! o_O

I wish you well. I'm not politically correct always. My most recent
event last year I went ballistic on my doctor. In the hospital. I was
tired of hee hawing around. He finally did what I said, When my wife
last spent days in the hospital, I went in and rescued her. Brought
her home and gave her support and feed. We laugh about it now. On
Wednesday she gets a new hip so I will be kind

10% of doctors graduate at the bottom of their class and I don't
practice medicine.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/14/2015 4:08 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
Muggles posted for all of us...

On 11/14/2015 2:03 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

Grow a beard .
--
Snag

I've let my beard grow, it's out to 6 inches now and getting into my eyes, mouth and ears when I'm lying down and trying to sleep. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Bearded Monster

You could do comb over or a man bun. (yikes)

Maybe he should braid is add beads to the ends of each braid?

Yeah, that would be an attractive look for beady monster.

I've seen some cool car guys on tv do that occasionally.

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/14/2015 4:56 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Saturday, November 14, 2015 at 2:03:43 PM UTC-6, Tekkie® wrote:
Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

Grow a beard .
--
Snag

I've let my beard grow, it's out to 6 inches now and getting into my eyes, mouth and ears when I'm lying down and trying to sleep. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Bearded Monster

You could do comb over or a man bun. (yikes)
--
Tekkie

I thought about getting one of the CNA gals to braid it for me. Perhaps cornrows? I be stylin! ^__^

[8~{} Uncle Braided Monster

It's all the rage!

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

That would be better than having nurse shave you before surgery and
cut you in the bump ugly area.

Hell, before I had surgery, a nurse shaved my balls. Now I have stubble getting caught in my shorts. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Testis Monster

I happy for you that she didn't use hot wax, My bride gets a new new
hip next week. Maybe they can trin her coochie near the hooray bone.

yikes? New hip? That's gotta be scary. Hope all goes well

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

wrote:

That would be better than having nurse shave you before surgery and
cut you in the bump ugly area.

Hell, before I had surgery, a nurse shaved my balls. Now I have stubble getting caught in my shorts. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Testis Monster

I happy for you that she didn't use hot wax, My bride gets a new new
hip next week. Maybe they can trin her coochie near the hooray bone.

This post has increased my vocabulary tremendously.

Hope your bride does well.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 18 Nov 2015 16:52:09 -0500, Tekkie®
wrote:

Hope your bride does well.

Thanks. She got a new hip joint on Wednesday. Two hour surgery and ~
six hours of recovery before she got a room. Off to visit again this
morning. Therapy should have her up walking this morning. She
(supposed to) may come home on Friday.

(No shave though
Posted to alt.home.repair

HERE COMES THE NO! yes NO-NO

Oren posted for all of us...

wrote:

That would be better than having nurse shave you before surgery and
cut you in the bump ugly area.

Hell, before I had surgery, a nurse shaved my balls. Now I have stubble
getting caught in my shorts. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Testis Monster

I happy for you that she didn't use hot wax, My bride gets a new new
hip next week. Maybe they can trin her coochie near the hooray bone.

This post has increased my vocabulary tremendously.

Hope your bride does well.

--
Tekkie

Philishave part Harry Bloomfield[_3_] UK diy 1 September 29th 12 06:59 PM
OTT Shaver polygonum UK diy 6 November 10th 11 10:14 AM
Philishave battery type confirmation lmcclaf Electronics Repair 5 February 23rd 07 01:19 PM
Inverter & Shaver [email protected] UK diy 3 September 26th 06 01:22 PM
Sony 35" TV "tuner" bad? - coax not working, but RCA jacks are working Glenster Electronics Repair 1 September 28th 05 04:00 AM