Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What happens if tarp left wet?

What happens if you fold up a polypropylene tarp when it's still
slightly wet?

And then you store it for a couple years?

If there is any dead or dying leaf or any algae, does that turn into
alcohol?

If it were hotter or I'd started earlier, it might have dried by now,
but at the rate it's going, it won't be dry until Sunday afternoon.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 31 Oct 2015 15:32:42 -0400, Micky
wrote:

What happens if you fold up a polypropylene tarp when it's still
slightly wet?

And then you store it for a couple years?

If there is any dead or dying leaf or any algae, does that turn into
alcohol?

If it were hotter or I'd started earlier, it might have dried by now,
but at the rate it's going, it won't be dry until Sunday afternoon.

You can't wait until tomorrow, can't wipe it down with a rag? Is it
Rot and Mildew Resistant?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

What happens if you fold up a polypropylene tarp when it's still
slightly wet?

And then you store it for a couple years?

If there is any dead or dying leaf or any algae, does that turn into
alcohol?

If it were hotter or I'd started earlier, it might have dried by now,
but at the rate it's going, it won't be dry until Sunday afternoon.

It will just get moldy and maybe smell bad.
You have a better chance of it drying if you just loosely ball it up
than to neatly folding it. Pick it up, shake it out and ball it up
again tomorrow. In a couple of days it will be dry enough to fold and
store.
That is based on living here in the swamp. In drier places, it will
not take that much.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

What happens if you fold up a polypropylene tarp when it's still
slightly wet?

And then you store it for a couple years?

If there is any dead or dying leaf or any algae, does that turn into
alcohol?

If it were hotter or I'd started earlier, it might have dried by now,
but at the rate it's going, it won't be dry until Sunday afternoon.

It will just get moldy and maybe smell bad.
You have a better chance of it drying if you just loosely ball it up
than to neatly folding it. Pick it up, shake it out and ball it up
again tomorrow. In a couple of days it will be dry enough to fold and
store.
That is based on living here in the swamp. In drier places, it will
not take that much.

Nobody has clothes lines anymore? o_O

[8~{} Uncle Moldy Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

What happens if you fold up a polypropylene tarp when it's still
slightly wet?

And then you store it for a couple years?

If there is any dead or dying leaf or any algae, does that turn into
alcohol?

If it were hotter or I'd started earlier, it might have dried by now,
but at the rate it's going, it won't be dry until Sunday afternoon.

It will just get moldy and maybe smell bad.
You have a better chance of it drying if you just loosely ball it up
than to neatly folding it. Pick it up, shake it out and ball it up
again tomorrow. In a couple of days it will be dry enough to fold and
store.
That is based on living here in the swamp. In drier places, it will
not take that much.

Nobody has clothes lines anymore? o_O

[8~{} Uncle Moldy Monster

The top of the railing for my deck is almost 10' off of the ground. It's great for hanging tarps
and tents. I can hose them off and let them drip dry.

There's a nearby tree, so for my tents I use a couple of ropes and spread them open to eliminate
the folds, etc.

Cousin "I hate when it rains on the last night of a camping trip" Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 1 Nov 2015 01:23:54 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:

Nobody has clothes lines anymore?

Not many
If you are in a HOA community they are "illegal" and I bet some "up
tight" communities ban them too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I think the last time I was camping was on a Boy Scout camping trip when I was 13 or 14. It was hysterically funny. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Tarp Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Nobody has clothes lines anymore?

Not many
If you are in a HOA community they are "illegal" and I bet some "up
tight" communities ban them too.

I really wouldn't want to live around a bunch of hos who couldn't keep their nose out of my business and eyes off my backyard. I wish I could live out in the sticks again where my nearest neighbor was at the end of our 1/4 mile long driveway. I miss the days when I could have a disassembled car or tractor in the front of the house and no one could say a word about it, except Mom. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Country Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/1/2015 1:00 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Sunday, November 1, 2015 at 9:14:17 AM UTC-6, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Cousin "I hate when it rains on the last night of a camping trip" Monster

I think the last time I was camping was on a Boy Scout camping trip when I was 13 or 14. It was hysterically funny. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Tarp Monster

Did the scoutmaster also find it funny?

Hmm. I didn't think so....

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, November 1, 2015 at 3:35:54 PM UTC-6, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 11/1/2015 1:00 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Sunday, November 1, 2015 at 9:14:17 AM UTC-6, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Cousin "I hate when it rains on the last night of a camping trip" Monster

I think the last time I was camping was on a Boy Scout camping trip when I was 13 or 14. It was hysterically funny. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Tarp Monster

Did the scoutmaster also find it funny?

Hmm. I didn't think so....
--
.

This was back when boys were boys and not expected to act like girls. I don't believe our Scoutmaster was Gay either. We were "BOY" Scouts back then. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Scout Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/1/2015 4:52 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Sunday, November 1, 2015 at 3:35:54 PM UTC-6, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Did the scoutmaster also find it funny?

Hmm. I didn't think so....
--
.

This was back when boys were boys and not expected to act like girls. I don't believe our Scoutmaster was Gay either. We were "BOY" Scouts back then. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Scout Monster

Where men are men, and sheep are nervous? Naah,
scouts are generally very honorable. It's the
media that gives em a bad name. Not like they
are Catholic Priests or some thing.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, November 1, 2015 at 4:25:05 PM UTC-6, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 11/1/2015 4:52 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Sunday, November 1, 2015 at 3:35:54 PM UTC-6, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Did the scoutmaster also find it funny?

Hmm. I didn't think so....
--
.

This was back when boys were boys and not expected to act like girls. I don't believe our Scoutmaster was Gay either. We were "BOY" Scouts back then. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Scout Monster

Where men are men, and sheep are nervous? Naah,
scouts are generally very honorable. It's the
media that gives em a bad name. Not like they
are Catholic Priests or some thing.
--
.

As much as I was tortured at the Catholic Parochial Gulag, I never saw or experienced anything of a sexual nature except to be told I would burn in Hell if I played with my winkey. I think the sex scandal was another exaggeration and manufactured outrage by the anti religion crowd. I do believe there was sexual misconduct by some priests but it also happens in all other faiths. It's a given in Islam and ignored by our present Executive Branch. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Sex Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 1 Nov 2015 17:25:05 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

Where men are men, and sheep are nervous?

In New York men are men, women are too and sheep are restless.

http://lumberjills.com/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, November 1, 2015 at 5:25:05 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 11/1/2015 4:52 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Sunday, November 1, 2015 at 3:35:54 PM UTC-6, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Did the scoutmaster also find it funny?

Hmm. I didn't think so....
--
.

This was back when boys were boys and not expected to act like girls. I don't believe our Scoutmaster was Gay either. We were "BOY" Scouts back then. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Scout Monster

Where men are men, and sheep are nervous? Naah,
scouts are generally very honorable. It's the
media that gives em a bad name. Not like they
are Catholic Priests or some thing.

"Generally" is a good term to use because there are certainly exceptions.

50+ years ago a senior member of our troop (a scout that was on Staff, not an adult leader) was
quietly asked to leave the scouts after it was discovered that he was fondling some of the
younger scouts on camp outs. He was using his senior status to attract the younger ones by
promising them "membership" in a special club that would give them extra privileges.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/1/2015 6:14 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Sunday, November 1, 2015 at 5:25:05 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Where men are men, and sheep are nervous? Naah,
scouts are generally very honorable. It's the
media that gives em a bad name. Not like they
are Catholic Priests or some thing.

"Generally" is a good term to use because there are certainly exceptions.

50+ years ago a senior member of our troop (a scout that was on Staff, not an adult leader) was
quietly asked to leave the scouts after it was discovered that he was fondling some of the
younger scouts on camp outs. He was using his senior status to attract the younger ones by
promising them "membership" in a special club that would give them extra privileges.

I think that speaks a lot. Since you can remember
one incident in fifty years of scouting, there are
few such incidents. I'm not involved with scouting
(well, not in the thirty years since I was a failed
Boy Scout).

In all those years I know of zero cases of sexual
abuse of anyone; leader or scout.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

What happens if you fold up a polypropylene tarp when it's still
slightly wet?

And then you store it for a couple years?

If there is any dead or dying leaf or any algae, does that turn into
alcohol?

If it were hotter or I'd started earlier, it might have dried by now,
but at the rate it's going, it won't be dry until Sunday afternoon.

You can't wait until tomorrow, can't wipe it down with a rag?

No... No. Not in this case. That's sort of implied by the
question.

Is it
Rot and Mildew Resistant?

Isn't all polypropylene resistant to rot and mildew?

Recomendations For Motorcycle Tarp Dwight Gibb Home Repair 4 January 9th 15 10:57 PM
Paint-on repair coating for an old tarp fp Home Repair 1 June 28th 11 02:43 AM
Tarp tape? Jim Elbrecht Home Repair 5 June 11th 11 12:34 AM
Tarp to protect plywood subfloor? [email protected] Home Ownership 3 March 21st 05 04:05 PM
Need help making or sourcing hay tarp tie-downs. Jason Marshall Metalworking 14 February 3rd 05 02:55 PM