Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dust Buster brush?

I have a several-year-old Black & Decker Dust Buster handheld vacuum. It
came with a hose and a brush attachment that looks like a very small vacuum
cleaner with a rotating brush. Which doesn't work worth a darn. What I want
is something to dust, get cobwebs, and clean other non-floor surfaces - I
can use my cannister vac for the rug and floor. The DB would sure be more
convenient for the other stuff. As it is, I hardly ever use it now.

I was thinking of duct-taping an old canister vacuum brush (I save
everything!) to the end of the hose (I have none that fit the brush
connector). I guess I could just use the bare hose but a brush would help a
lot with dust, etc.

Any better ideas? I don't see anything for sale.

TIA

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, October 28, 2015 at 12:24:36 PM UTC-4, KenK wrote:
I have a several-year-old Black & Decker Dust Buster handheld vacuum. It
came with a hose and a brush attachment that looks like a very small vacuum
cleaner with a rotating brush. Which doesn't work worth a darn. What I want
is something to dust, get cobwebs, and clean other non-floor surfaces - I
can use my cannister vac for the rug and floor. The DB would sure be more
convenient for the other stuff. As it is, I hardly ever use it now.

Don't you have a hose and wand for the canister vac? I use my upright with
the rotating brush for rugs and the canister for floors, stairs, walls
ceilings, cars, etc., etc.

I have the Sanitaire SC3683A, which is the commercial version of the
Eureka Mighty Mite. I quote:

"The 12amps of power and black metal telescopic wands take on dirt from
floor to ceiling and beyond."

The wand allows for easy access in corners, both up and down, around
windows, along trim, shelves, behind furniture, etc. I can't imagine
trying to use a Dust Buster or any low-power hand held for those
types of jobs.