Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Any experience with borate rods to stop wood rot?

I've got four large (4 x 16) fir beams and have repaired the rot with epoxy.
But I wondered if if might be a good idea to drill holes in the beams for
borate rods in the hope of preventing the rot from continuing. Anyone here
have experience using them? Any idea of spacing?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 07 Oct 2015 16:10:52 -0500, Peabody
wrote:

I've got four large (4 x 16) fir beams and have repaired the rot with epoxy.
But I wondered if if might be a good idea to drill holes in the beams for
borate rods in the hope of preventing the rot from continuing. Anyone here
have experience using them? Any idea of spacing?

What is a borate rod?

Recommendation for Borate wood-preservative product? blueman Home Repair 10 May 5th 20 09:44 PM
Borate for Swimming Pool sms Home Repair 35 May 25th 16 03:44 AM
Borate Redux sms Home Repair 0 May 16th 14 09:05 PM
Making long thin wood rods Arch Woodturning 5 December 13th 06 05:06 PM
Experience with Canary Wood Robert Woodworking 5 August 26th 04 02:44 PM