DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   I can't blame the dog for this (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/384522-i-cant-blame-dog.html)

Gordon Shumway September 4th 15 06:08 PM

I can't blame the dog for this

I have a semi plugged toilet after someone dumped a super turd in it
this morning. I am admitting no culpability.

Is there a product that will soften or dislodge this because I really
don't want to remove the toilet.

Edmund J. Burke, Ph.D[_3_] September 4th 15 06:15 PM

I can't blame the dog for this

Oren probably knows about this, being as full as **** as an Xmas goose.

Edmund J. Burke, Ph.D[_3_] September 4th 15 06:40 PM

I can't blame the dog for this

Oren could use his head as a plunger.
LOL

Gordon Shumway September 4th 15 07:37 PM

I can't blame the dog for this

wrote:

I have a semi plugged toilet after someone dumped a super turd in it
this morning. I am admitting no culpability.

Is there a product that will soften or dislodge this because I really
don't want to remove the toilet.

Um, a laxative?

A plunger?

I've tried flushing numerous times and that didn't produce any change.
I've used a plunger and that didn't help. I've tried a toilet auger
and it couldn't navigate the tight radii of the toilet. I've tried
squirting Dawn dish washing soap and letting it soak for a while and
then flushing and there was no improvement.

I'm about ready to pull the damn toilet and clean it from the bottom.
I had to do that about 8 or 10 years ago and I'm not looking forward
to that again.

Gordon Shumway September 4th 15 07:38 PM

I can't blame the dog for this

wrote:

I have a semi plugged toilet after someone dumped a super turd in it
this morning. I am admitting no culpability.

Is there a product that will soften or dislodge this because I really
don't want to remove the toilet.

Um, a laxative?

LOL That train has already left the station.

Bob_Villa September 4th 15 07:44 PM

I can't blame the dog for this

On Friday, September 4, 2015 at 12:10:38 PM UTC-5, Gordon Shumway wrote:
I have a semi plugged toilet after someone dumped a super turd in it
this morning. I am admitting no culpability.

Is there a product that will soften or dislodge this because I really
don't want to remove the toilet.

How about trying a length of old hose...a piece of old washer hose?

Edmund J. Burke, Ph.D[_3_] September 4th 15 07:47 PM

I can't blame the dog for this

"bob_villa" wrote in message

On Friday, September 4, 2015 at 12:10:38 PM UTC-5, Gordon Shumway wrote:
I have a semi plugged toilet after someone dumped a super turd in it
this morning. I am admitting no culpability.

Is there a product that will soften or dislodge this because I really
don't want to remove the toilet.

How about trying a length of old hose...a piece of old washer hose?

Is that how the cholos do it in East L.A.?

Ed Pawlowski September 4th 15 08:46 PM

I can't blame the dog for this

On 9/4/2015 1:08 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
I have a semi plugged toilet after someone dumped a super turd in it
this morning. I am admitting no culpability.

Is there a product that will soften or dislodge this because I really
don't want to remove the toilet.

Time and water helps. Anything flexible may break it if you can reach
it. Wire? Give it a good flush or two once you break it so it moves
along the line.

micky September 4th 15 08:56 PM

I can't blame the dog for this

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 04 Sep 2015 13:37:28 -0500, Gordon Shumway
wrote:

I've tried flushing numerous times and that didn't produce any change.
I've used a plunger and that didn't help. I've tried a toilet auger

Flushing can't be expected to do much. Plunge a few more times, maybe
after waiting a few hours.

and it couldn't navigate the tight radii of the toilet. I've tried
squirting Dawn dish washing soap and letting it soak for a while and
then flushing and there was no improvement.

I'm about ready to pull the damn toilet and clean it from the bottom.
I had to do that about 8 or 10 years ago and I'm not looking forward
to that again.

--

Stumpy Strumpet
the bimbus

micky September 4th 15 08:58 PM

I can't blame the dog for this

wrote:

I've tried flushing numerous times and that didn't produce any change.
I've used a plunger and that didn't help. I've tried a toilet auger

Are you getting a good plunge when you plunge. It can't leak too much
around the side of the plunger. Maybe even buy a better one, like the
ones that have part coming out of the bottom, which also folds in to the
top part, seem fancier. Maybe they're better.

--

Stumpy Strumpet
the bimbus

CRNG[_2_] September 4th 15 09:06 PM

I can't blame the dog for this

On Fri, 04 Sep 2015 13:37:28 -0500, Gordon Shumway
wrote in

I've tried flushing numerous times and that didn't produce any change.
I've used a plunger and that didn't help. I've tried a toilet auger
and it couldn't navigate the tight radii of the toilet. I've tried
squirting Dawn dish washing soap and letting it soak for a while and
then flushing and there was no improvement.

My guess is that there is some other obstruction there. I had
something like this happen, and it turned out to be dental floss that
was causing the toilet paper to hang up.

Gordon Shumway September 4th 15 09:33 PM

I can't blame the dog for this

wrote:

I have a semi plugged toilet after someone dumped a super turd in it
this morning. I am admitting no culpability.

Is there a product that will soften or dislodge this because I really
don't want to remove the toilet.

Persistence has paid off. After several flushings lubricated with Dawn
soap the turd has gone away and all is well!

notbob September 4th 15 09:38 PM

I can't blame the dog for this

On 2015-09-04, Gordon Shumway wrote:
I have a semi plugged toilet after someone dumped a super turd in it
this morning. I am admitting no culpability.

Is there a product that will soften or dislodge this because I really
don't want to remove the toilet.

You give no details or background. You ina cesspool situation? Plain
ol' housing project sewer lines? We need more info.

We usta hafta have our property sewer line roto-rootered (blades)
about every 2 yrs cuz of tree roots. After suffering this and getting
no relief, it was discovered the back-ups were caused by dried toilet
paper (TP) which had dried and collected on the under-house piping
when tree-root backups occured. Hadda blast TP off pipes with hose w/
straigh-stream, thru access port.

I've also had Winter freeze back up sewer fer 6 wks (diff home). No fun.

IOW, it could be a lotta things. Time to get specific and maybe roll
up sleeves and get icky! 8|

nb

Tony Hwang September 4th 15 09:42 PM

I can't blame the dog for this

wrote:

I have a semi plugged toilet after someone dumped a super turd in it
this morning. I am admitting no culpability.

Is there a product that will soften or dislodge this because I really
don't want to remove the toilet.

Um, a laxative?

Try some of dish washing liquid detergent(like Palmolive), wait for an
hour or so. It acts like lubricant. This is plumbers' trick. I
am not a plumber.

Stormin Mormon[_10_] September 5th 15 12:40 PM

I can't blame the dog for this

On 9/4/2015 2:37 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:

I'm about ready to pull the damn toilet and clean it from the bottom.
I had to do that about 8 or 10 years ago and I'm not looking forward
to that again.

Boiling hot water may help. Will take a lot of it, to
heat the cast iron toilet.

Also, the green fluid they sell for RV holding tanks
has been known to loosen toilet crud.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..

Stormin Mormon[_10_] September 5th 15 12:42 PM

I can't blame the dog for this

On 9/4/2015 4:33 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:

Persistence has paid off. After several flushings lubricated with Dawn
soap the turd has gone away and all is well!

Problem is, flushing provides cold water.
Succes is good, in either which what case.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..

Bob_Villa September 5th 15 12:54 PM

I can't blame the dog for this

On Saturday, September 5, 2015 at 6:42:14 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Succes is good, in either which what case.

....take your medication...

Uncle Monster[_2_] September 5th 15 05:32 PM

I can't blame the dog for this

wrote:

I have a semi plugged toilet after someone dumped a super turd in it
this morning. I am admitting no culpability.

Is there a product that will soften or dislodge this because I really
don't want to remove the toilet.

Um, a laxative?

Try some of dish washing liquid detergent(like Palmolive), wait for an
hour or so. It acts like lubricant. This is plumbers' trick. I
am not a plumber.

He could always take a few tablespoons of Dawn every morning to make his poop slippery so it never sticks to the toilet. It would keep his toilet and colon clean. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Poop Monster

Muggles September 5th 15 06:04 PM

I can't blame the dog for this

wrote:

I have a semi plugged toilet after someone dumped a super turd in it
this morning. I am admitting no culpability.

Is there a product that will soften or dislodge this because I really
don't want to remove the toilet.

Um, a laxative?

Try some of dish washing liquid detergent(like Palmolive), wait for an
hour or so. It acts like lubricant. This is plumbers' trick. I
am not a plumber.

He could always take a few tablespoons of Dawn every morning to make his poop slippery so it never sticks to the toilet. It would keep his toilet and colon clean. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Poop Monster

I CAN blame the dog when she is laying on the floor near me and all of a
sudden this noxious fume nearly makes me pass out. smile I'm prepared
for the scenario in every room just about because I keep Glade Linen
Clean air freshener within arms reach!

It happened about 5 minutes ago. She was snoozing away on the floor
next to my computer chair and I'm nearly overcome with with dangerous
doggy gas. I grab my Glad and since her back is to me she can't see me
holding it. I point it at her general area and cough real loud so I can
mask the sound of the spray. She jumps up and runs out of the room and
comes back looking at me like "WHAT THE HECK??" I show her my innocent
empty hands and say "WHAT's your PROBLEM?" LOL

--
Maggie

Edmund J. Burke, Ph.D[_3_] September 5th 15 06:13 PM

I can't blame the dog for this

Persistence has paid off. After several flushings lubricated with Dawn
soap the turd has gone away and all is well!

And you didn't even need Oren's head.
LOL

bob haller September 5th 15 06:50 PM

I can't blame the dog for this

On Friday, September 4, 2015 at 4:38:20 PM UTC-4, notbob wrote:
On 2015-09-04, Gordon Shumway wrote:
[...]

tree roots are zero problem i put rock salt in my wash tub add very hot water and mix with a shovel to dissolve the salt. do in early spring when the tree is about to leaf out

the salt kills the roots but leaves the tree unharmened.

the tree is over 200 years old, so i dont want to harm it

i have been doing this for over 20 years

Oren[_2_] September 5th 15 07:06 PM

I can't blame the dog for this

On Sat, 5 Sep 2015 09:32:21 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:

[8~{} Uncle Poop Monster

_Man suffering from constipation for 10 years has 11-pound stool
removed_

[...]

"A series of X-rays revealed that the patient’s heart had shifted to
the right because his colon had swelled to twice the normal size, CEN
reported. Doctors diagnosed him with congenital megacolon, which can
cause paralysis of the movements of the bowel and can sometimes lead
to fecal tumors."

https://tinyurl.com/nsrpntm

Megacolon and fecal tumors sounds awfully painful.

Oren[_2_] September 5th 15 07:11 PM

I can't blame the dog for this

On Sat, 5 Sep 2015 12:04:30 -0500, Muggles wrote:

I CAN blame the dog when she is laying on the floor near me and all of a
sudden this noxious fume nearly makes me pass out. smile I'm prepared
for the scenario in every room just about because I keep Glade Linen
Clean air freshener within arms reach!

It happened about 5 minutes ago. She was snoozing away on the floor
next to my computer chair and I'm nearly overcome with with dangerous
doggy gas. I grab my Glad and since her back is to me she can't see me
holding it. I point it at her general area and cough real loud so I can
mask the sound of the spray. She jumps up and runs out of the room and
comes back looking at me like "WHAT THE HECK??" I show her my innocent
empty hands and say "WHAT's your PROBLEM?" LOL

I had a Visla that would make you evacuate the house. She would hear
avocados fall from the tree outside, run out the screen door and eat
them. The gastric disturbance later would burn your eyes.

Stormin Mormon[_10_] September 5th 15 08:02 PM

I can't blame the dog for this

On 9/5/2015 1:50 PM, bob haller wrote:
tree roots are zero problem i put rock salt in my wash tub add very hot water and mix with a shovel to dissolve the salt. do in early spring when the tree is about to leaf out

the salt kills the roots but leaves the tree unharmened.

the tree is over 200 years old, so i dont want to harm it

i have been doing this for over 20 years

Well, that's obviously working for you. Wonder what
happens if you flush a cup of rock salt, and leave
it crystal? Slow dissolve over a period of time and
all.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Muggles September 5th 15 08:27 PM

I can't blame the dog for this

On 9/5/2015 1:11 PM, Oren wrote:
[...]

LOL!! I swear we feed her healthy doggy food. She must go outside and
eat dirt or something based on the stench that comes out of her some days.

--
Maggie

Oren[_2_] September 5th 15 08:43 PM

I can't blame the dog for this

On Sat, 5 Sep 2015 15:02:20 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 9/5/2015 1:50 PM, bob haller wrote:
tree roots are zero problem i put rock salt in my wash tub add very hot water and mix with a shovel to dissolve the salt. do in early spring when the tree is about to leaf out

the salt kills the roots but leaves the tree unharmened.

the tree is over 200 years old, so i dont want to harm it

i have been doing this for over 20 years

Well, that's obviously working for you. Wonder what
happens if you flush a cup of rock salt, and leave
it crystal? Slow dissolve over a period of time and
all.

Water Softener Solar Salt (blue bag) is small crystals. Dissolves
better than the nugget type, doesn't cake-up. HD sells it $5.00 for
40 pounds.

Uncle Monster[_2_] September 5th 15 08:59 PM

I can't blame the dog for this

wrote:

[...]

One of my roommates here at the center was a nice guy who was 75 years old and recovering from knee replacement surgery. He had previous surgery to remove a section of his colon which had healed before I met him. A side effect of his surgery was incredible farts. His farts were breathtaking and sounded like the whistle on a battleship. I swear the farts lasted 15 seconds. I had never heard anything like that before. He'd go in the bathroom to drop a load of Ready Mix and the door would rattle as the continuous foghorn blast of his farts echoed around the bathroom. When he cut a fart at night it would wake us both up and if I was awake watching videos on my computer, I'd wear my sound isolation headphones. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Poot Monster

Uncle Monster[_2_] September 5th 15 09:05 PM

I can't blame the dog for this

wrote:

[8~{} Uncle Poop Monster

_Man suffering from constipation for 10 years has 11-pound stool
removed_

[...]

"A series of X-rays revealed that the patient's heart had shifted to
the right because his colon had swelled to twice the normal size, CEN
reported. Doctors diagnosed him with congenital megacolon, which can
cause paralysis of the movements of the bowel and can sometimes lead
to fecal tumors."

https://tinyurl.com/nsrpntm

Megacolon and fecal tumors sounds awfully painful.

Did you know a bedpan will hold 10lbs? I lose 10lbs every time I wheel into the bathroom to drop a load of Ready Mix. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Concrete Monster

Uncle Monster[_2_] September 5th 15 09:12 PM

I can't blame the dog for this

On Saturday, September 5, 2015 at 2:27:23 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 9/5/2015 1:11 PM, Oren wrote:
[...]

Dogs are bad about going out into the backyard and eating dead things. Your cat may bring you a mouse but the dog is going to eat it. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Stinky Monster

Oren[_2_] September 5th 15 09:15 PM

I can't blame the dog for this

On Sat, 5 Sep 2015 13:05:16 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:

Did you know a bedpan will hold 10lbs? I lose 10lbs every time I wheel into the bathroom to drop a load of Ready Mix. ^_^

I guess we should all know that by now. You've told that story more
than a dozen times, already.

I'll paraphrase it again; "... a bedpan will hold 10lbs"

Muggles September 5th 15 09:15 PM

I can't blame the dog for this

wrote:

[...]

AHHAAAH! That's hysterical!

--
Maggie

Muggles September 5th 15 09:18 PM

I can't blame the dog for this

On 9/5/2015 1:11 PM, Oren wrote:
[...]

My previous cat caught a gopher and I saw him outside the kitchen window
right as he caught it. By the time I got outside to dispose of the
thing the cat has eaten half of it and wasn't going to give up the rest
of it to me! When he was done he looked like he was pregnant with a
litter of a dozen kittens inside of him. The only part of the gopher he
didn't eat was the jaw bones.

--
Maggie

Uncle Monster[_2_] September 5th 15 11:05 PM

I can't blame the dog for this

wrote:

Did you know a bedpan will hold 10lbs? I lose 10lbs every time I wheel into the bathroom to drop a load of Ready Mix. ^_^

I guess we should all know that by now. You've told that story more
than a dozen times, already.

I'll paraphrase it again; "... a bedpan will hold 10lbs"

In which group? I'm always talking poop anyway. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Fecal Monster

Oren[_2_] September 5th 15 11:30 PM

I can't blame the dog for this

wrote:

Did you know a bedpan will hold 10lbs? I lose 10lbs every time I wheel into the bathroom to drop a load of Ready Mix. ^_^

I guess we should all know that by now. You've told that story more
than a dozen times, already.

I'll paraphrase it again; "... a bedpan will hold 10lbs"

In which group? I'm always talking poop anyway. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Fecal Monster

Crap, you figure it out. Postings when you talk about the colon being
~30 feet long, beds pans, ready mix and your housing location. Same
how your urinals are filled to the top. I'm not making it up.

Uncle Monster[_2_] September 5th 15 11:51 PM

I can't blame the dog for this

wrote:

Did you know a bedpan will hold 10lbs? I lose 10lbs every time I wheel into the bathroom to drop a load of Ready Mix. ^_^

I guess we should all know that by now. You've told that story more
than a dozen times, already.

I'll paraphrase it again; "... a bedpan will hold 10lbs"

In which group? I'm always talking poop anyway. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Fecal Monster

Crap, you figure it out. Postings when you talk about the colon being
~30 feet long, beds pans, ready mix and your housing location. Same
how your urinals are filled to the top. I'm not making it up.

Well hell, you're the one who brought up the subject to start with you big poopy head. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Excreta Monster

Oren[_2_] September 6th 15 12:01 AM

I can't blame the dog for this

wrote:

Did you know a bedpan will hold 10lbs? I lose 10lbs every time I wheel into the bathroom to drop a load of Ready Mix. ^_^

I guess we should all know that by now. You've told that story more
than a dozen times, already.

I'll paraphrase it again; "... a bedpan will hold 10lbs"

In which group? I'm always talking poop anyway. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Fecal Monster

Crap, you figure it out. Postings when you talk about the colon being
~30 feet long, beds pans, ready mix and your housing location. Same
how your urinals are filled to the top. I'm not making it up.

Well hell, you're the one who brought up the subject to start with you big poopy head. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Excreta Monster

Wrong. I've never talked about a bed pan holding 10 pounds. Try
again. Seems your are projecting. I didn't even bring up the current
subject.