Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Email service?

Any recommendations for a replacement for Gmail?

I've used Gmail for decades and I just verified that the forwarding is set
up to retain the forwarded message for display on Gmail. At least that's
how it always worked. But now it forwards to my ISP server wuthout showing
them to me. But not all messages. Some it still shows me. Had only one
email today and it only was forwarded.

Can't figure it out. Why did things change?

TIA

Posted to alt.home.repair

"KenK" wrote in message ...

Nobuddy even knows what the **** yer talkin' about.

Posted to alt.home.repair

KenK posted for all of us...

Any recommendations for a replacement for Gmail?

I've used Gmail for decades and I just verified that the forwarding is set
up to retain the forwarded message for display on Gmail. At least that's
how it always worked. But now it forwards to my ISP server wuthout showing
them to me. But not all messages. Some it still shows me. Had only one
email today and it only was forwarded.

Can't figure it out. Why did things change?

TIA

Not enough info but I will try. Have your settings changed to delete from
server when read or the forwarding setup changed? Remember that Gmail is an
LDAP server so it forwards them as they come in.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

=?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= wrote in
:

KenK posted for all of us...

Any recommendations for a replacement for Gmail?

I've used Gmail for decades and I just verified that the forwarding
is set up to retain the forwarded message for display on Gmail. At
least that's how it always worked. But now it forwards to my ISP
server wuthout showing them to me. But not all messages. Some it
still shows me. Had only one email today and it only was forwarded.

Can't figure it out. Why did things change?

TIA

Not enough info but I will try. Have your settings changed to delete
from server when read or the forwarding setup changed? Remember that
Gmail is an LDAP server so it forwards them as they come in.

Thanks. Found it!

A few weeks ago the appearance of my Gmail application changed
drastically. My problem started then.

I discovered a few minutes ago that I now have three, count them, three
Inboxes. Primary, Social, and Promotions. I never noticed this earlier.
All the missing emails were put in the Promotions Inbox, which I didn't
know existed.

Gmail should have emailed me when they did this to my account.

Posted to alt.home.repair

KenK posted for all of us...

[...]

Glad to be of some assistance.
I have found that one has to go into Gmail directly every so often because
they are "new and improved"...

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 24 Aug 2015 16:28:37 GMT, KenK wrote:

Any recommendations for a replacement for Gmail?

I've used Gmail for decades and I just verified that the forwarding is set
up to retain the forwarded message for display on Gmail. At least that's
how it always worked. But now it forwards to my ISP server wuthout showing
them to me. But not all messages. Some it still shows me. Had only one
email today and it only was forwarded.

Can't figure it out. Why did things change?

TIA

Doesn't your ISP provide email service???? Most do. Some actually use
Yahoo, and some use MS Outlook (formerly HotMail) and some actually
have their own mail servers.

If you have a website/domain you virtually always get an email
server/account included.

OT - Software or Service to Email Newsletters Davidm UK diy 14 November 5th 15 09:37 AM
Email [email protected] Home Ownership 1 September 12th 08 12:02 AM
email extractor , site , solutions , email based marketing , email marketing solution , email extractor , newsletter software , mass email , e-mail marketing , email marketing solutions , bulk email software , web advertising , email marketing , mark Nuclear Incorporation. www.nuclear-inc.com UK diy 0 April 5th 07 09:31 PM
[OT] Email address for service complaint at post office Judy UK diy 40 November 16th 06 07:26 PM
Lost my all my email and change of email addy Grant Erwin Metalworking 2 August 14th 03 11:30 PM