Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default OT Email service?

KenK posted for all of us...

=?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= wrote in
:

KenK posted for all of us...

Any recommendations for a replacement for Gmail?

I've used Gmail for decades and I just verified that the forwarding
is set up to retain the forwarded message for display on Gmail. At
least that's how it always worked. But now it forwards to my ISP
server wuthout showing them to me. But not all messages. Some it
still shows me. Had only one email today and it only was forwarded.

Can't figure it out. Why did things change?

TIA

Not enough info but I will try. Have your settings changed to delete
from server when read or the forwarding setup changed? Remember that
Gmail is an LDAP server so it forwards them as they come in.

Thanks. Found it!

A few weeks ago the appearance of my Gmail application changed
drastically. My problem started then.

I discovered a few minutes ago that I now have three, count them, three
Inboxes. Primary, Social, and Promotions. I never noticed this earlier.
All the missing emails were put in the Promotions Inbox, which I didn't
know existed.

Gmail should have emailed me when they did this to my account.

Glad to be of some assistance.
I have found that one has to go into Gmail directly every so often because
they are "new and improved"...

--
Tekkie