Posted to alt.home.repair

Default are there plumbers around that can snake a sewer line in a abandonedhome with no utlities?

a friend who is thinking of buying a foreclosure asked me. since years ago his main sewer line failed and cost 10 grand to fix.

he is looking at foreclosures and doesnt want any nasty expensive surprises..
Posted to alt.home.repair

bob haller wrote:
a friend who is thinking of buying a foreclosure asked me. since
years ago his main sewer line failed and cost 10 grand to fix.

he is looking at foreclosures and doesnt want any nasty expensive
surprises..

Sure , got a gas powered generator ? How about an inverter hooked to
your/his vehicle ? Borrow some power from a neighbor ? A lot of plumbers
these days have a video camera they can run down the line , IIRC they're
self-powered .

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 13:09:11 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

bob haller wrote:
a friend who is thinking of buying a foreclosure asked me. since
years ago his main sewer line failed and cost 10 grand to fix.

he is looking at foreclosures and doesnt want any nasty expensive
surprises..

Sure , got a gas powered generator ? How about an inverter hooked to
your/his vehicle ? Borrow some power from a neighbor ? A lot of plumbers
these days have a video camera they can run down the line , IIRC they're
self-powered .

Hopefully, the plumber would have permission; either from the bank or
a real estate agent
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

bob haller wrote:
a friend who is thinking of buying a foreclosure asked me. since
years ago his main sewer line failed and cost 10 grand to fix.

he is looking at foreclosures and doesnt want any nasty expensive
surprises..

Sure , got a gas powered generator ? How about an inverter hooked to
your/his vehicle ? Borrow some power from a neighbor ? A lot of
plumbers these days have a video camera they can run down the line ,
IIRC they're self-powered .

Hopefully, the plumber would have permission; either from the bank or
a real estate agent

That was assumed ...

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

bob haller wrote:
a friend who is thinking of buying a foreclosure asked me. since
years ago his main sewer line failed and cost 10 grand to fix.

he is looking at foreclosures and doesnt want any nasty expensive
surprises..

Sure , got a gas powered generator ? How about an inverter hooked to
your/his vehicle ? Borrow some power from a neighbor ? A lot of
plumbers these days have a video camera they can run down the line ,
IIRC they're self-powered .

Hopefully, the plumber would have permission; either from the bank or
a real estate agent

That was assumed ...

--
Snag

yeah permission is granted by a inspection of the premises. it would be nice if it didnt require a neighbors cooperation, theres some fear the neighbor could start a bidding war

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.support.depression

Default PLUMBERS' POEM

"David" wrote in message
news
I'm still planning to come.

"The Burke, col ret" wrote in message ...

I'm not the plumber nor the plumber's son,
but I'll plug yer hole 'till the plumber comes.
http://tinyurl.com/p958h3e

Then the plumber said, "Every time you flush your toilet you're putting food
in my family's mouth."
LOL

Come?