Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Drill operated sewer snake

Is this for business regular use, or occasional home use?
Harbor Freight does have drain augers, with the motor built
on.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message
I once knew a plumber who used a drain auger cable that he
attached to
a heavy duty drill to clear main lines. He ran up to a 4
inch cutting
bit on it, and used it for runs up to 75'-100'. The cable
was similar
to the ones you see on the big roatary motor powered
machines, but it
was a lot more portable since you just hooked it up to the
drill
chuck. I've looked around, but can't seem to find an auger
cable
specifically made to hook up to a drill. Do you think he was
just
using one of the big machine cables, or is there something
out there
that I just can't find? I would like to purchase one of
these in about
a 75' length, so if anyone can point me in the right
direction, it
would be most appreciated.