Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Condenser fan motor substitute

"Uncle Monster" wrote in message
I've heard that the cigarette tax in New York is so high that New Yorkers
go to the Indian reservation to purchase cigarettes tax free. Perhaps a
smoky fraker from New York could chime in a tell everyone of his/hers/its
experience with being a smoker in New York City?

Wasn't it in NY where that fellow that died by the cops was selling bootleg
cigarettes one at a time because the store price was so high ?

While I don't smoke, I think the government has taxed those and whiskey way
too much. Being in NC where a lot of cigarettes were produced the tax on
them is way low compaired to other states. I think our gas tax makes up for
some of it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, August 12, 2015 at 10:40:14 PM UTC-5, Ralph Mowery wrote:
"Uncle Monster" wrote in message
I've heard that the cigarette tax in New York is so high that New Yorkers
go to the Indian reservation to purchase cigarettes tax free. Perhaps a
smoky fraker from New York could chime in a tell everyone of his/hers/its
experience with being a smoker in New York City?

Wasn't it in NY where that fellow that died by the cops was selling bootleg
cigarettes one at a time because the store price was so high ?

While I don't smoke, I think the government has taxed those and whiskey way
too much. Being in NC where a lot of cigarettes were produced the tax on
them is way low compaired to other states. I think our gas tax makes up for
some of it.

A big obese Negro man was wrestled to the ground by police and died after the struggle but I don't believe the were trying to kill him, the fellow had some serious medical problems. I'd probably die if police took me to the ground and piled on top of me. Just pulling my arms behind me would cause me to pass out from the pain. (Θ¿ʘϡ

[8~{} Uncle Delicate Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Condenser fan motor that doesn't smoke

On 08/12/2015 07:57 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/12/2015 9:23 PM, Auric Goldfinger wrote:
On 8/12/2015 6:31 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 8/12/2015 4:48 PM, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 12 Aug 2015 11:30:12 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

Mormons prohibit use of tobacco, which I think
is wise.

I hear the Mormons prohibit masturbation too.

Yes, any thing except marital sex is verboten.

When you have ten wives, why would a guy need to masturbate? They can't
all have a headache, right?

I guess there are no teenage boy Mormons.

I think Mormon teenagers started the whole "Friends With Benefits" thing. ;-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, August 12, 2015 at 11:40:14 PM UTC-4, Ralph Mowery wrote:
"Uncle Monster" wrote in message
I've heard that the cigarette tax in New York is so high that New Yorkers
go to the Indian reservation to purchase cigarettes tax free. Perhaps a
smoky fraker from New York could chime in a tell everyone of his/hers/its
experience with being a smoker in New York City?

Wasn't it in NY where that fellow that died by the cops was selling bootleg
cigarettes one at a time because the store price was so high ?

Yes, that was Eric Garner, in NYC. And the police were given a directive
to more strictly enforce the law.

While I don't smoke, I think the government has taxed those and whiskey way
too much. Being in NC where a lot of cigarettes were produced the tax on
them is way low compaired to other states. I think our gas tax makes up for
some of it.

Price of a pack I think here in NJ is ~$8 now and in NYC ~$10 - 12
Posted to alt.home.repair

Mormons prohibit use of tobacco, which I think
is wise.

I hear the Mormons prohibit masturbation too.

Yes, any thing except marital sex is verboten.

When you have ten wives, why would a guy need to masturbate? They can't all have a headache, right?

But what do the wives do when hubby gets too tired.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cigarette tax substitute

On 8/12/2015 11:23 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Wednesday, August 12, 2015 at 12:09:29 PM UTC-5, wrote:
That sounds like how we got the drug war here.
Now there's a great idea.

When will we learn about the failure of "prohibition"?

I've heard that the cigarette tax in New York is so high that New Yorkers go to the Indian reservation to purchase cigarettes tax free. Perhaps a smoky fraker from New York could chime in a tell everyone of his/hers/its experience with being a smoker in New York City? \_(à²*_à²*)_/

[8~{} Uncle Stinky Monster

I don't discuss that evil habit much. But, there are
plenty of folks who buy from the res.

Also some buy out of state (Virginia) and have
their evil addiction mailed in.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/12/2015 9:23 PM, Auric Goldfinger wrote:
On 8/12/2015 6:31 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I hear the Mormons prohibit masturbation too.

Yes, any thing except marital sex is verboten.

When you have ten wives, why would a guy need to masturbate? They can't
all have a headache, right?

Might be worth doing a websearch on synchronous
periods.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default polygamy that doesn't smoke

On 8/12/2015 10:57 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/12/2015 9:23 PM, Auric Goldfinger wrote:
Yes, any thing except marital sex is verboten.

When you have ten wives, why would a guy need to masturbate? They can't
all have a headache, right?

I guess there are no teenage boy Mormons.

We can get married at 18. That's the age
when 10 a night is just about right.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Mormons prohibit use of tobacco, which I think
is wise.

I hear the Mormons prohibit masturbation too.

Yes, any thing except marital sex is verboten.

So dreams about sex or "wet" dreams are also verboten?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 13 Aug 2015 10:45:31 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 8/12/2015 9:23 PM, Auric Goldfinger wrote:
On 8/12/2015 6:31 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I hear the Mormons prohibit masturbation too.

Yes, any thing except marital sex is verboten.

When you have ten wives, why would a guy need to masturbate? They can't
all have a headache, right?

Might be worth doing a websearch on synchronous
periods.

The reason why do not recommend working at federal prisons. 200 women
in one housing unit can be a terrible experience.
--
Sometimes you just have a bad day at the dungeon

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 12 Aug 2015 20:25:56 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:

I hear the Mormons prohibit masturbation too.

If they didn't, there would be a lot of blind Mormons. (• ?•)

....with hairy palms ?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/13/2015 12:30 PM, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 12 Aug 2015 18:31:20 -0400, Stormin Mormon

I hear the Mormons prohibit masturbation too.

Yes, any thing except marital sex is verboten.

So dreams about sex or "wet" dreams are also verboten?

I'd have to ask the Bishop, some day. I have
no formal training in this section of church
policy.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 13 Aug 2015 14:58:20 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 8/13/2015 12:30 PM, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 12 Aug 2015 18:31:20 -0400, Stormin Mormon

I hear the Mormons prohibit masturbation too.

Yes, any thing except marital sex is verboten.

So dreams about sex or "wet" dreams are also verboten?

I'd have to ask the Bishop, some day. I have
no formal training in this section of church
policy.

If you get an answer from the Bishop, I'd be interested to hear the
answer. Scientist have not yet figured out how the brain works.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 8/13/2015 12:30 PM, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 12 Aug 2015 18:31:20 -0400, Stormin Mormon

I hear the Mormons prohibit masturbation too.

Yes, any thing except marital sex is verboten.

So dreams about sex or "wet" dreams are also verboten?

I'd have to ask the Bishop, some day. I have
no formal training in this section of church
policy.

If you get an answer from the Bishop, I'd be interested to hear the
answer. Scientist have not yet figured out how the brain works.

"Uh, Bishop, it's not me asking all these questions
about sex, it's, like, some guy on the computer,
you understand...."

I'm sure he will totally believe me. Hmm. Well?

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 8/13/2015 12:30 PM, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 12 Aug 2015 18:31:20 -0400, Stormin Mormon

I hear the Mormons prohibit masturbation too.

Yes, any thing except marital sex is verboten.

So dreams about sex or "wet" dreams are also verboten?

I'd have to ask the Bishop, some day. I have
no formal training in this section of church
policy.

If you get an answer from the Bishop, I'd be interested to hear the
answer. Scientist have not yet figured out how the brain works.

"Uh, Bishop, it's not me asking all these questions
about sex, it's, like, some guy on the computer,
you understand...."

I'm sure he will totally believe me. Hmm. Well?

Okay. Tell him I want to know if Mormons can have dreams of sex or wet
dreams. You have my permission to say Oren asked the questions.

I like to also know if the Bishop also has wet dreams or sex dreams
with an attractive fantasy girl or against "church policy"!

Who decides the policy?
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 11 Aug 2015 13:54:16 -0700 (PDT), Uncle
Monster wrote:

Here in Birmingham, there are two electric motor shops with a service count=
er where you walk in with your fan motor mounted to the grill or top of you=
r AC condensing unit and you give it to the customer service rep behind the=
counter where he will pick out a replacement motor and new capacitor plus =
a fan blade if yours is damaged. The assembly is given to a bench tech who =
will remove the fan blade without damaging it, remove and replace the motor=
on the grill assembly, cut the shaft to length, put the blade on and test =
the new motor and capacitor including setting the correct rotation. If you =
pick a motor that has a higher rpm, you'll need to get a fan blade with les=
s of a pitch angle than that on the slower motor you're replacing. The high=
pitch angle on the low rpm motors is meant to move a sufficient amount of =
air while making less noise than the higher rpm motor. If you keep the high=
pitch fan blade you must increase the horse power of your replacement moto=
r.

I followed everything but this. Why do you have to increase the HP if
you're using the same blade?

Most cities have one or more electric motor shops with a walk in service=
counter. Here's a link to a chart that will show you how to match a blade =
to a motor's HP and RPM. ^_^

Oh yea, someone may have already mentioned using a replacement capacitor wi=
th a higher voltage rating. Replace a 370 volt with a 440 volt capacitor be=
cause they're more resistant to power surges. It's a very good idea to repl=
ace the capacitor when the motor is replaced because a new capacitor is not=
that expensive. If you think about it, that capacitor is just as old as th=
e motor and has suffered the same amount of abuse. ^_^

http://fergusonhvacchicago.com/2012/...ize-the-motor/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/13/2015 5:59 PM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 13 Aug 2015 17:43:29 -0400, Stormin Mormon
I'd have to ask the Bishop, some day. I have
no formal training in this section of church
policy.

Who decides the policy?

Ultimately, God does. He directs the First
Presidency by the Holy Spirit.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

Monster wrote:

[...]

Uncle preceded what he said with: "If you pick a motor that has a higher rpm.."
Posted to alt.home.repair

Monster wrote:

[...]

Imagine this, hold your arm straight out, open palm, thumb up, then wave your arm back and forth. The air offers little resistance to your hand moving through the air like a paddle. Now with your arm and hand oriented the same way, stick it out the window of a car traveling at 60mph. There's a heck of a lot more resistant to movement into the air stream. Now angle your hand into the the air stream and the force diminishes. Make note of the force you feel then slow the car to 30mph and you'll have to increase the angle of your hand to feel the same force from the air stream as you did at 60mph. So the greater the speed, you need more force to hold your hand steady as the angle increases.
The AC manufacturer designs the condenser to function with a certain amount of air flowing through it. The manufacturer installs a low speed motor for quieter operation but to get enough airflow they must install a fan blade with blades set at a greater angle. If the speed of the same high angle fan blade is increased, the more horse power it will take to spin it. You can do the same experiment with one of those old time hand fans that looks like a ping pong paddle. I hope the explanation helps. (¬€¿Â¬)

[8~{} Uncle Fan Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

Monster wrote:

[...]

If you are changing the specs of the motor, it is best to spend the
extra few bucks and buy the matching blade.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Monster wrote:

[...]

You're right. My bad. Would have been a good place to start another
paragraph, however.