Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A different perspective for the I HATE PALMER crowd

http://girlsjustwannahaveguns.com/he...t-you-to-know/

Take the time and read this. Pass along to all your Cecil
the lion cryers.

By Glenn Kendall

Family, friends, colleagues and fellow hunters along the
endless Safari trail, these thoughts of mine come from the
countless emails, phone calls and texts from many of you
looking for my opinion on the heels of the allegedly
illegally hunted Lion in Zimbabwe named Cecil.

As I already communicated with a few of you, I did, as you
know, speak out in anger about the possibility that a big
game hunter would have broken the code of ethics by
illegally hunting such a great big game animal like the
African Lion. But I guess the liberal media had me jump the
gun that first day – shame on me. I’m very passionate about
hunting and conservation; maybe it was before my first cup
of coffee.

As most of you know, I have been a hunter since my early
years. For many many years now I have been fortunate enough
to spend time all over the world and in many of the
countries in Africa, some of them multiple times. Before I
first ventured to the Dark Continent, I learned all about
conservation, game management, legal and safe hunting, and
of course, the wonderful wildlife that inhabits one of the
most beautiful wild landscapes on earth.

I have been in crocodile and hippo infested waters on many
occasions, charged multiple times by elephant, so close to
Lions and Leopards that I could smell there bad dental
habits (HMMMM speaking of dentists?), and hunted more Cape
Buffalo than any other species I’ve taken in Africa.

Hunters all gravitate to what they enjoy or are good at —
I just have more of a hankering for those with claws, fangs,
tusks and horns. I got the fever back in the early 90’s
while legally hunting a wild Mountain Lion and was hooked on
the dangerous stuff ever since. It has taken me from Wild
Alaska for the biggest brown bears on the planet to all over
Africa for the hairy scary stuff. All of this, of course,
done legally with permits and done the right way. Hard
hunting afield is my passion.

As an avid big game hunter I have contributed a lot of
money to the less fortunate in these different countries. I
have helped to aid the anti-poaching efforts that really
only the hunters like me, hunting companies, land owners and
some of the game departments do. Where are the anti’s when
it’s time to write the checks?

We legally hunt a few to save a lot of these magnificent
animals. A short time ago, someone at Safari Club bid to
hunt a Rhino and paid $350,000. A big portion of the money
would go back into Rhino research and conservation. This old
Rhino was on borrowed time and had he died naturally, none
of the money would have aided Rhino conservation, research
and anti-poaching. The anti’s of course were up in arms
about this. They just want to disagree and really don’t care
about these animals, in my opinion. Put your money where
your mouth is, is what I think. To be quite honest, I think
they enjoy all the senseless attention about Cecil.

I have paid for and fed many villages for months on end in
Tanzania with Elephant, Buffalo, Hippo and other wild game.
All hunted and taken legally with permits.

In Botswana, I donated a bull elephant to a local
community after I gladly paid dearly in fees to legally hunt
it. They used every single piece of that elephant to feed a
whole village for God knows how long, because old bull
elephants in Botswana are the size of dump trucks. The guts
that were left afield probably fed the likes of scavengers
like hyena, jackal and vultures. Nothing wasted.

There is no better feeling than to watch dozens of the
villagers show up after you’ve hunted a bull elephant,
knowing you are helping them to have food for a while. The
smiles that the Africans radiate is like none I have ever
seen in my life. I have taken countless photos of the
African smiles. Us Americans should take a lesson and try an
ear to ear grin once in a while.

For many of you who are not aware, elephants live a very
long time. If they die of old age, how do they make it that
far? It is painful to say the least, as an elephant’s teeth
wear down until they starve to death – which takes a long
time in many instances. Starving to death means not only
suffering, but then not having the strength to fight off
being eaten alive by lions and other carnivore. Living in
wild Africa is a struggle of life and death every day and
night.

Spend an evening by the camp fire in the wild fields, like
I have many times, and you can listen to the horrors of the
predators chasing and catching prey. Each time an elephant
dies like this, no money is put into conservation and
anti-poaching. When a hunter legally takes an old big bull
then, it is aiding the wonderful people by supplying them
with food, funding the hunting companies, and monies go into
local governments, game departments, and help with
anti-poaching efforts. I am in no way inferring that all old
bull elephants should only be hunted, I am just telling you
the reality of what happens in each incident.

This communication is not intended to convince anyone who
does not hunt or believe in hunting to agree with me. It’s
telling you the truth about what goes on in Africa. I’ve
been there and done it, seen it and been a legal part of it
for a long time. Much longer than most anchors sitting
behind desks at major news stations who misreport
information to the public. Most of them don’t know the first
thing about how hunting, game management and conservation
works. It’s really irresponsible to report these things to
folks who will believe right off the bat that ‘Cecil was
lured out of the park, killed illegally and poached’ without
an investigative outcome.

One of the stories that aired on a major network’s morning
show stated that Cecil was killed and illegally poached by a
hunter and resulted in his offspring being savagely killed
by another male or males. It sounded terrible, scary, and Oh
my gosh, what horrible crime, right? Wrong – each time a
male lion who governs the pride is either killed, dies or
run off by a Lion or Lions, the new male or males do come
and kill the offspring. It’s the way nature works with Lions
in parks, the wild and everywhere in Africa. Immediately
after this, the females go into heat and the new male or
males start a new family tree. It’s the life and death cycle
of the African lion. Our beloved daily news reporting of
course forgot this important part. Did they know and not
report it or are they just trying to shed a bad light on
hunters? Hmmm, could anchors that get paid millions of
dollars a year be this short sighted? Maybe we should ask
Brian Williams?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/6/2015 12:59 PM, ChairMan wrote:
http://girlsjustwannahaveguns.com/he...t-you-to-know/

Take the time and read this. Pass along to all your Cecil
the lion cryers.

By Glenn Kendall

Family, friends, colleagues and fellow hunters along the
endless Safari trail, these thoughts of mine come from the
countless emails, phone calls and texts from many of you
looking for my opinion on the heels of the allegedly
illegally hunted Lion in Zimbabwe named Cecil.

[...]
[...]

Good article.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/6/2015 2:36 PM, Muggles wrote:
[...]

You might like this one too:

http://clashdaily.com/2015/07/cecil-...and-wildlife/#
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/6/2015 2:45 PM, Frank wrote:
[...]

Why am I not surprised?

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 3:45:24 PM UTC-4, Frank wrote:
[...]

Wow, there's an unimpeachable scientific source, the "ClashDaily".
Kind of like when the tobacco industry was writing articles about
how smoking was not really causing cancer. In this case, we're supposed
to believe that shooting more lions will save them. Good grief.

Here's what a fine fellow who paid $350K to shoot a rare black rhino,
another endangered species had to say:

In response to his critics, Knowlton told CNN: "I respect the black rhino. A lot of people say, 'Do you feel like a bigger man?' or 'Is this a thrill for you?' The thrill is knowing that we are preserving wildlife resources, not for the next generation, but for eons."

Sure, I believe that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 1:59:08 PM UTC-4, ChairMan wrote:
http://girlsjustwannahaveguns.com/he...t-you-to-know/

Take the time and read this. Pass along to all your Cecil
the lion cryers.

By Glenn Kendall

Family, friends, colleagues and fellow hunters along the
endless Safari trail, these thoughts of mine come from the
countless emails, phone calls and texts from many of you
looking for my opinion on the heels of the allegedly
illegally hunted Lion in Zimbabwe named Cecil.

As I already communicated with a few of you, I did, as you
know, speak out in anger about the possibility that a big
game hunter would have broken the code of ethics by
illegally hunting such a great big game animal like the
African Lion.

Why don't you show us what this person said when he spoke out
against the killing of Cecil?

But I guess the liberal media had me jump the
gun that first day - shame on me. I'm very passionate about
hunting and conservation; maybe it was before my first cup
of coffee.

So, besides reversing himself, why exactly did he?
What changed?

As most of you know, I have been a hunter since my early
years. For many many years now I have been fortunate enough
to spend time all over the world and in many of the
countries in Africa, some of them multiple times. Before I
first ventured to the Dark Continent,

Hmmm, what intelligent person today calls Africa the "Dark Continent"?

I learned all about
conservation, game management, legal and safe hunting, and
of course, the wonderful wildlife that inhabits one of the
most beautiful wild landscapes on earth.

I have been in crocodile and hippo infested waters on many
occasions, charged multiple times by elephant, so close to
Lions and Leopards that I could smell there bad dental
habits (HMMMM speaking of dentists?), and hunted more Cape
Buffalo than any other species I've taken in Africa.

Hunters all gravitate to what they enjoy or are good at --
I just have more of a hankering for those with claws, fangs,
tusks and horns.

I see, that sounds real enlightened.

I got the fever back in the early 90's
while legally hunting a wild Mountain Lion and was hooked on
the dangerous stuff ever since. It has taken me from Wild
Alaska for the biggest brown bears on the planet to all over
Africa for the hairy scary stuff. All of this, of course,
done legally with permits and done the right way. Hard
hunting afield is my passion.

And if he's so much in favor of doing it legally and the "right
way", why again has he apparently reversed on the killing of Cecil?
That was about as far from the right way as it gets.

As an avid big game hunter I have contributed a lot of
money to the less fortunate in these different countries. I
have helped to aid the anti-poaching efforts that really
only the hunters like me, hunting companies, land owners and
some of the game departments do. Where are the anti's when
it's time to write the checks?

Where is his evidence that the many wildlife preservation charities
and organizations around the world, the govts, etc haven't
contributed substantially to wildlife preservation? He's the
one making the claim.

We legally hunt a few to save a lot of these magnificent
animals. A short time ago, someone at Safari Club bid to
hunt a Rhino and paid $350,000. A big portion of the money
would go back into Rhino research and conservation. This old
Rhino was on borrowed time and had he died naturally, none
of the money would have aided Rhino conservation, research
and anti-poaching. The anti's of course were up in arms
about this. They just want to disagree and really don't care
about these animals, in my opinion. Put your money where
your mouth is, is what I think.

He should put the source of his facts where his mouth is.

To be quite honest, I think
they enjoy all the senseless attention about Cecil.

Oh, sure, we just enjoy the attention. And big men here like
Kendall, why they really hate to shoot dwindling species, but
they have to do it for the good of humanity.

I have paid for and fed many villages for months on end in
Tanzania with Elephant, Buffalo, Hippo and other wild game.
All hunted and taken legally with permits.

So, feeding some villagers makes it right? And again, by all
indications what Palmer did was not only illegal, but not a
real hunt. So, why is this "hunter" defending him again?

In Botswana, I donated a bull elephant to a local
community after I gladly paid dearly in fees to legally hunt
it. They used every single piece of that elephant to feed a
whole village for God knows how long, because old bull
elephants in Botswana are the size of dump trucks.

Of course he could have just paid for some sacks of grain
and other food, but then he wouldn't get to kill the elephant.

The guts
that were left afield probably fed the likes of scavengers
like hyena, jackal and vultures. Nothing wasted.

There is no better feeling than to watch dozens of the
villagers show up after you've hunted a bull elephant,
knowing you are helping them to have food for a while.

Yes, what a real man. If he cares so much about the people,
he could of course just buy them food.

The
smiles that the Africans radiate is like none I have ever
seen in my life. I have taken countless photos of the
African smiles. Us Americans should take a lesson and try an
ear to ear grin once in a while.

Yes, a true American hero! Those smiles probably aren't as
big as the one on Kendall's face when he shoots those animals
or masturbates looking at their heads on his wall. BTW,
the big dummy never did explain why he reversed positions
on the killing of Cecil. Supposedly he's only in favor of
legal hunts and real hunting. That sure ain't what Palmer
did. So, exactly why did he reverse positions and why is he
spinning stories for him again?

Posted to alt.home.repair

What's all the uproar about killing a lion?

Fact: People have killed animals since the beginning of time.

- Thousands of dogs and cats are killed in dog pounds every day.

- Thousands of cows, pigs, chickens, turkeys suffer miserable lives in factory farms and are then slaughtered for food.

Boo hoo, so what! I'm hungry, I'm a carnivore, pass the barbecue sauce. Oink oink burp!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/6/2015 1:59 PM, ChairMan wrote:
[...]

CONCLUSION
It takes a big ego and lots of money to be a big game hunter in the Dark
Continent

I don't see how this changes Palmer's situation. Let's see what the
investigation turns up.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/6/2015 7:24 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I don't see how this changes Palmer's situation. Let's see what the
investigation turns up.

I'm happy to see someone else say "Let's see what the investigation
turns up."

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/6/2015 7:32 PM, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

We are not talking science here but history. Best I can tell, it is
correct.

Sport hunters want to preserve wildlife as without it there would be
nothing to hunt.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 7:04:13 PM UTC-5, Roberto wrote:
What's all the uproar about killing a lion?

Fact: People have killed animals since the beginning of time.

- Thousands of dogs and cats are killed in dog pounds every day.

- Thousands of cows, pigs, chickens, turkeys suffer miserable lives in factory farms and are then slaughtered for food.

Boo hoo, so what! I'm hungry, I'm a carnivore, pass the barbecue sauce. Oink oink burp!

I eat small children and there's no chance of running out of them. In the last few decades I've developed a taste for Mexican. There will never be a shortage of them here in The U.S. and I'm so glad. That's why I'm called Uncle Monster. à*§à¼¼à²*益à²*༽à*¨

[8~{} Uncle Hungry Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 7:24:10 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

That has been my attitude from the start of this media manufactured Cecil circus. Ì¿ Ì¿'Ì¿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(€¢_€¢)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'Ì¿'Ì¿ Ì¿

[8~{} Uncle Hunter Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 7:38:45 PM UTC-5, Frank wrote:
[...]

Yea, let's eat the seed corn. —”̯—”

[8~{} Uncle Consevation Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 8:24:10 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

I'd like to know what changed this Kendall the hunter's mind. Apparently
he claims that he initially was outraged at the killing of Cecil too.
Now he's apparently defending it. So, what changed his opinion?
Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 wrote:
[...]

Probably found out the facts rather than speculating like you are .

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

I don't hate him because he's a big game hunter per se, but because
he's a liar and cheat. It's confirmed by his past actions.

That said, if you like the rationale given by this article then you
would be OK with abortion if the women who had them contributed to
charities for orphans. I doubt you'd find many people on either side
of the abortion question supporting that viewpoint/rationale.

On Thu, 6 Aug 2015 12:59:01 -0500, "ChairMan"
wrote:

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, August 7, 2015 at 1:01:38 PM UTC-4, Terry Coombs wrote:
trader_4 wrote:
[...]

Why don't you provide us with those "facts". Also curious that a
guy would write a whole page having switched positions after initially
being outraged at Palmer and never explain why he switched. The likely
scenario is that Kendall got pressured from his fellow big game
hunters for speaking the truth.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/7/2015 1:01 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
trader_4 wrote:
On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 8:24:10 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I'd like to know what changed this Kendall the hunter's mind.
Apparently he claims that he initially was outraged at the killing of
Cecil too. Now he's apparently defending it. So, what changed his
opinion?

Probably found out the facts rather than speculating like you are .

"probably.... rather than speculating like you are....."

Does this peg the irony meter?

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 wrote:
[...]

Kendall is in a position , being a part of the "big game hunter clique" ,
to have access to information we do not (yet) have . I "know" nothing about
the situation that you don't (likely) know . I don't personally give a ****
either way .
And as we all know , the two things the media does better than anything
else are speculate and spin . As others have said , this outrage would be
much better directed at the abortion clinics who are killing thousands (?)
of babies every week .
--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 wrote:
[...]

Pure speculation and no reason to think Kendall knows any more than
what has been publically reported, just because he's another big
game hunter.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"trader_4" wrote in message news:708cf1e1-

stuff snipped

Kendall is in a position , being a part of the "big game hunter clique" ,
to have access to information we do not (yet) have .

Pure speculation and no reason to think Kendall knows any more than
what has been publically reported, just because he's another big
game hunter.

I would say it's more likely that Kendall flip-flopped because he now
realizes that Palmer has caused the world to focus on big game hunting in a
very negative way.

He is likely trying to limit any collateral damage to himself and other "big
game" hunters that's likely occur as a result. The result could be as
traumatic as no more lion hunting or at least at the bargain basement rates
Palmer was charged to kill a lion.

--
Bobby G.

Walter Palmer Uncle Monster[_2_] Home Repair 59 August 2nd 15 02:30 AM
Walter Palmer Uncle Monster[_2_] Home Repair 0 July 31st 15 04:20 AM
Walter Palmer Oren[_2_] Home Repair 0 July 30th 15 05:13 PM
Walter Palmer Moe DeLoughan Home Repair 0 July 30th 15 02:47 PM