Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Stream to waterfall

Hi, a friend of mine has a small stream in his back yard. It's not very strong. If I had to guess I would say it has twice the amount of water of an average shower. Also, the slope is rather flat, do it's relatively slow.

Question: could you provide or help me find some info on how to turn it into something like a waterfall? A 6' drop would be nice!

Many thanks in advance!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

Hi, a friend of mine has a small stream in his back yard. It's not very
strong. If I had to guess I would say it has twice the amount of water of an
average shower. Also, the slope is rather flat, do it's relatively slow.

Question: could you provide or help me find some info on how to turn it into
something like a waterfall? A 6' drop would be nice!

Many thanks in advance!

Dig a really deep whole.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
Hi, a friend of mine has a small stream in his back yard. It's not very
strong. If I had to guess I would say it has twice the amount of water of
an average shower. Also, the slope is rather flat, do it's relatively
slow.

Question: could you provide or help me find some info on how to turn it
into something like a waterfall? A 6' drop would be nice!

Many thanks in advance!

Under the new rules, that is now a "navigable water of the U.S.". No can
do.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hi, a friend of mine has a small stream in his back yard. It's not very strong. If I had to guess I would say it has twice the amount of water of an average shower. Also, the slope is rather flat, do it's relatively slow.

Question: could you provide or help me find some info on how to turn it into something like a waterfall? A 6' drop would be nice!

Altering a stream here in New Jersey would get you in a lot of trouble. Better check with the town, county, and state before digging.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/4/2015 11:02 AM, trader_4 wrote:

Thought about that too. Likely depends on if it's a real stream
and if you're located where such is actually enforced for such
a thing, you have neighbors that care, etc.
With a flow like a shower, it doesn't sound like much of a real stream.

Could be from a natural spring up the road. Probably get sued by Poland
Springs if he touches it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

John G writes:

Hi, a friend of mine has a small stream in his back yard. It's not
very strong. If I had to guess I would say it has twice the amount
of water of an average shower. Also, the slope is rather flat, do
it's relatively slow.

Question: could you provide or help me find some info on how to turn
it into something like a waterfall? A 6' drop would be nice!

Altering a stream here in New Jersey would get you in a lot of
trouble. Better check with the town, county, and state before
digging.

Yep, hard to mess with streams, you don't really own them they don't
start on your property or stop either.

If it was mine, I might move around a couple of rocks to create small
pools, and little runoffs, but don't do anything that has a large
impact on the water flow or looks man made. I believe you can keep
trash out and stuff like that without worry, but I'm not a lawyer.

--
Dan Espen