Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ping Uncle Monster

Hey UM,

I've been meaning to ask, how did you come to pick the "Uncle Monster"
nym? It's pretty creative and I was wondering how you thought it up.
Or did it just pop into you mind?

Also, I read some of your posts where you describe some medical issues
you have been having, and I think you are doing an inspiring job of
dealing with them. Instead of getting depressed (as I would) you make
the best of it and get actively involved in this news group community.

Let that be an inspiration to us all.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/29/2015 8:47 AM, CRNG wrote:
Hey UM,

I've been meaning to ask, how did you come to pick the "Uncle Monster"
nym? It's pretty creative and I was wondering how you thought it up.
Or did it just pop into you mind?

Also, I read some of your posts where you describe some medical issues
you have been having, and I think you are doing an inspiring job of
dealing with them. Instead of getting depressed (as I would) you make
the best of it and get actively involved in this news group community.

Let that be an inspiration to us all.

I am also curious, but didn't yet ask. He's got my
respect, for sure. Not certain I'd do as well.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message ...

On 6/29/2015 8:47 AM, CRNG wrote:
Hey UM,

I've been meaning to ask, how did you come to pick the "Uncle Monster"
nym? It's pretty creative and I was wondering how you thought it up.
Or did it just pop into you mind?

Also, I read some of your posts where you describe some medical issues
you have been having, and I think you are doing an inspiring job of
dealing with them. Instead of getting depressed (as I would) you make
the best of it and get actively involved in this news group community.

Let that be an inspiration to us all.

I am also curious, but didn't yet ask. He's got my
respect, for sure. Not certain I'd do as well.

It's a shame Mister Meanie dropped the hammer on his silly ass just
yesterday.
LOL But this poast demonstrates the sympathy some folks have for our
monster boy.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, June 29, 2015 at 9:15:28 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 6/29/2015 8:47 AM, CRNG wrote:
Hey UM,

I've been meaning to ask, how did you come to pick the "Uncle Monster"
nym? It's pretty creative and I was wondering how you thought it up.
Or did it just pop into you mind?

Also, I read some of your posts where you describe some medical issues
you have been having, and I think you are doing an inspiring job of
dealing with them. Instead of getting depressed (as I would) you make
the best of it and get actively involved in this news group community.

Let that be an inspiration to us all.

I am also curious, but didn't yet ask. He's got my
respect, for sure. Not certain I'd do as well.

-
.
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
. www.lds.org
.
.

He has already explained, but some here have old age dementia! *L*
Posted to alt.home.repair

--

I was given the name Uncle Monster by the 4 year old son of a lady friend of mine. My gal worked with a bunch of guys so when friends from work dropped by, the 4 year old was in heaven, he had all these uncles to play with. There was Uncle Grouchy, Uncle Smoky, Uncle Goofy, Uncle Stinky, etc. I knew the gal from someplace else and whenever I dropped by, the 4 year old would head straight for me. He was hanging off of me and in my lap where we wrestled, played vampire, pretended to be cartoon characters or Muppets. Of course I was Cookie Monster but instead of cookies, I ate little kids. When I switched to Monster mode, I'd grab my little buddy and eat him up. Of course, he gave me the name "Uncle Monster" which is what most people call me. That 4 year old is now over 30 and one grown man I can really embarrass. I'm Uncle Monster who thinks small children are great with barbecue sauce and the toes are the crunchy part. I'll never understand why any adult would ever harm a child even though some small children are the spawn of Satin. No one should ever hurt a child in front of me, I can't stomp their ass anymore but I can put a bullet in it. ^_^

As far as medical problems, I'm angry because I can't get up and go when I want and I can't do some of the simplest things to take care of myself. I used to be able to pick up a car engine and now I have trouble picking up my three pound Chromebook. I can't feel sorry for myself because there are people out there with problems far worse than any I have. It's very frustrating to be hampered by injury related disabilities but I refuse to give up. I don't get depressed because I learned how to beat the depression monster long ago. When my friend LM told me his problems had him depressed and he didn't know what to do, I told him to get mad at that depression SOB and let it know you refuse to let it beat you. When I later spoke to him, his depression was gone, he said my advice had worked. I think that those who give up are often those who die. I'm nothing special and have no delusions of my importance because the world will keep on spinning and the sun will keep on shining long after I'm gone. If someone is inspired by me, that's cool but there are much better examples of humanity than me to look at for inspiration. I have no desire to be up on any pedestal. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Hungry Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/29/2015 8:47 AM, CRNG wrote:
[...]

And this from BV a Trans-Intelligent Progressive Liberal Leftist Commiecrat Freak. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Correct Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Uncle Monster" wrote in message

[...]

Well, you put me on a pedestal the udder day, and tanks. ^@^

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/29/2015 8:44 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

[...]

I can understand. Most of me is in pretty good shape, but getting up
from a chair is not so easy unless I assist with my arms and stairs keep
getting worse. I always thought that was stuff that other people had,
not me. Good thing you have that Chromebook to keep you company.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, June 29, 2015 at 7:49:14 PM UTC-5, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Monday, June 29, 2015 at 11:57:20 AM UTC-5, bob_villa wrote:

He has already explained, but some here have old age dementia! *L*

And this from BV a Trans-Intelligent Progressive Liberal Leftist Commiecrat Freak. ^_^

And the obvious response from the Trans-Mutated Anal-Sucking Retard Republi**** Slimebag. ^L^

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, June 29, 2015 at 8:54:34 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

40 years ago I hadn't a care in the world about medical issues because I bounced when I fell but now when I fall, I go SPLAT! I got my Chromebook a few years ago from a web merchant called Woot.com and the company sells all sorts of stuff that's surplus inventory from retailers. They also sell factory refurbished computers and electronics. I have an Acer C710-2833 11.6" screen, 2gb memory and a 16gb SSD drive. It's around $300 from Amazon but I bought the cute little refurbished Chromebook for $150 from Woot.com. I bought the laptop bag that fits 11.6" laptops from Amazon which has three zippered compartments with room for my wallet, cellphone and charger, small paper notebook, ink pens, medication, USB thumb drives and other computer accessories plus the Chromebook and charger. I can also slip several pages of medical records into the same compartment holding the computer. I call it my "Hospital Bag" because it has everything I need in one bag for a trip to any medical facility. I keep a list of medications and other medical information on a thumb drive that I've given to medical personnel when I'm asked for lots of info. I'd recommend the same sort of setup for anyone who makes frequent trips to a hospital. Chromie, my cute little Chromebook has been my constant and loyal companion and he has yet to let me down. He keeps me sane, most of the time, because I can look up WTF drugs are being given me, Email whomever, do online banking, pay bills, watch videos, listen to streaming radio stations, Skype video chat, tech support for my housemate to help him with his business, fuxor with trolls on Usenet and I even used the builtin webcam to look at my furry ugly face when I couldn't get out of bed and roll into the bathroom to use the mirror. I have my full coverage noise isolating earphones to use when I want to hear Chromie over the TV or to not disturb my roommate late at night. I wish I had one of my full sized 15 or 17 inch laptops with me but those beasts are too heavy for me to easily handle. Most hospitals and nursing homes have WiFi and the highest speed I've measured here has been 50 Mbps down and 4.5 Mbps up. ^_^

http://preview.tinyurl.com/q34q68l

http://preview.tinyurl.com/nqserx8

[8~{} Uncle Chrome Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, June 29, 2015 at 9:00:16 PM UTC-5, bob_villa wrote:
On Monday, June 29, 2015 at 7:49:14 PM UTC-5, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Monday, June 29, 2015 at 11:57:20 AM UTC-5, bob_villa wrote:

He has already explained, but some here have old age dementia! *L*

And this from BV a Trans-Intelligent Progressive Liberal Leftist Commiecrat Freak. ^_^

And the obvious response from the Trans-Mutated Anal-Sucking Retard Republi**** Slimebag. ^L^

How typical of a sophomoric T-I P.L.L.C.F., using foul language, claiming anyone is retarded if they have a different philosophy and worst of all, calling their opponent a Republican. Me and my brothers always tell goofy fuxors like you the same thing. "I'm not a Republican, they disgust me but Democrats are special, they horrify me." -^_^-

[8~{} Uncle Observant Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/29/2015 8:49 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Monday, June 29, 2015 at 11:57:20 AM UTC-5, bob_villa wrote:
He has already explained, but some here have old age dementia! *L*

And this from BV a Trans-Intelligent Progressive Liberal Leftist Commiecrat Freak. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Correct Monster

So, pray tell. What is my multi letter
acronym that describes me perfectly?

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/29/2015 9:54 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I can understand. Most of me is in pretty good shape, but getting up
from a chair is not so easy unless I assist with my arms and stairs keep
getting worse. I always thought that was stuff that other people had,
not me. Good thing you have that Chromebook to keep you company.

It didn't help, in my case, that much of yesterday
was spent trying to get my Blazer to run. And not
successfully, at that.

Now, for tow truck and trip to the repair garage
for some expensive diagnosis and repair.

I guess I should be (yes, I am) thankful to be
able to move as much as I do.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/29/2015 8:47 AM, CRNG wrote:
Hey UM,

I've been meaning to ask, how did you come to pick the "Uncle Monster"
nym? It's pretty creative and I was wondering how you thought it up.
Or did it just pop into you mind?

Also, I read some of your posts where you describe some medical issues
you have been having, and I think you are doing an inspiring job of
dealing with them. Instead of getting depressed (as I would) you make
the best of it and get actively involved in this news group community.

Let that be an inspiration to us all.

I like his postings too.
Also getting older, not being able to do things as well as younger but
more knowledgeable to do these things.
That includes his politics.

As for Bob Villa, the true mark of senility is when you start to sound
like Walter Cronkite when he was old.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 08:04:03 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:
I guess I should be (yes, I am) thankful to be
able to move as much as I do.

The real test is can you break dance or at least boogie ? (I'm
dating myself)...

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
I guess I should be (yes, I am) thankful to be
able to move as much as I do.

The real test is can you break dance or at least boogie ? (I'm dating
myself)...

Never tried either, but might some day. Will get
back to you. I hope you're fond of nerds with
male pattern baldness?

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 10:43:29 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:
The real test is can you break dance or at least
boogie ? (I'm dating myself)...

Never tried either, but might some day. Will get
back to you. I hope you're fond of nerds with
male pattern baldness?

Nerds are usually smart and have more than one thought buzzing around
in their heads. I'm in favor of that. Male pattern baldness
doesn't lower intelligence, so it doesn't bother me any. What
really matters is if you can make me laugh when you try to bust a
move. Haha

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
The real test is can you break dance or at least
boogie ? (I'm dating myself)...

Never tried either, but might some day. Will get
back to you. I hope you're fond of nerds with
male pattern baldness?

Nerds are usually smart and have more than one thought buzzing around
in their heads. I'm in favor of that. Male pattern baldness
doesn't lower intelligence, so it doesn't bother me any. What
really matters is if you can make me laugh when you try to bust a
move. Haha

--
Maggie

I had to go to the dentist today and get a broken tooth pulled. A transport van, equipped with a wheelchair lift, took me there and I had to bust a move to get from the wheelchair to the dentist chair. I could have busted my ass too. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Toothless Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 11:41:35 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:
doesn't lower intelligence, so it doesn't bother me
any. What really matters is if you can make me
laugh when you try to bust a move. Haha

I had to go to the dentist today and get a broken
tooth pulled. A transport van, equipped with a
wheelchair lift, took me there and I had to bust a
move to get from the wheelchair to the dentist chair.
I could have busted my ass too. ^_^

You didn't have to bust a move just for me at the dentists... You
already make me laugh with your commie crat posts!

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
The real test is can you break dance or at least
boogie ? (I'm dating myself)...

Never tried either, but might some day. Will get
back to you. I hope you're fond of nerds with
male pattern baldness?

Nerds are usually smart and have more than one thought buzzing around in
their heads. I'm in favor of that. Male pattern baldness doesn't
lower intelligence, so it doesn't bother me any. What really matters
is if you can make me laugh when you try to bust a move. Haha

Ah, you oughta been here Monday when I was
working on the Blazer. Busted a move and a
few other things.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 15:17:12 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:
What really matters is if you can make me laugh
when you try to bust a move. Haha

Ah, you oughta been here Monday when I was
working on the Blazer. Busted a move and a
few other things.

HAha! Had a friend who used to use a hammer when working on his
engine. When a part wouldn't work right he'd take the hammer and
beat the crap out of random motor parts. I'd tiptoe away until the
cursing and banging would stop.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 11:41:35 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote in

bust a move

What does that phrase mean? Never saw it before.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 15:43:08 -0500, CRNG
wrote:
bust a move

What does that phrase mean? Never saw it before.

It means dance.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/30/2015 3:43 PM, CRNG wrote:
On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 11:41:35 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote in

bust a move

What does that phrase mean? Never saw it before.

The same thing as 'cut a rug'.
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

YOU TELL 'IM, UNCLE MONSTER DUDE!
LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Mr. Emann" wrote in message ...

On 6/30/2015 3:43 PM, CRNG wrote:
On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 11:41:35 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote in

bust a move

What does that phrase mean? Never saw it before.

The same thing as 'cut a rug'.

It's black-assed ghetto talk.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
What really matters is if you can make me laugh
when you try to bust a move. Haha

Ah, you oughta been here Monday when I was
working on the Blazer. Busted a move and a
few other things.

HAha! Had a friend who used to use a hammer when working on his
engine. When a part wouldn't work right he'd take the hammer and beat
the crap out of random motor parts. I'd tiptoe away until the cursing
and banging would stop.

My yesterday was replacing parts and troublshooting. Today
was to call a friend, and tow the broken vehicle in to a
repair shop, and leave it with guy who has other skills.
No cursing or banging, but plenty of grease on my hands.

Orange hand cleaner is a good invention.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/30/2015 5:25 PM, Mr. Emann wrote:
bust a move

What does that phrase mean? Never saw it before.

The same thing as 'cut a rug'.

It's black-assed ghetto talk.

I won't argue that.

No ahm sayin?