Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Constantly deflating wheels on wheelbarrow and wagon.

The tire on my cars do not deflate by themselves just because the cars are
not used frequently.

However, the tires on my wheelbarrow and the pneumatic tires on my
wheelbarrow deflate regularly after just a a few weeks.

I only have a small air compressor which makes it difficult to re-inflate
all these small tires. .

Is there a way to prevent the air from escaping from my wagon wheels and
wheelbarrow wheel?

There must be a better way! Is there a sealant which permanently seals the
gap between the wheel and the tire?

--

Walter

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/27/2015 1:08 PM, Walter E. wrote:
The tire on my cars do not deflate by themselves just because the cars
are not used frequently.

However, the tires on my wheelbarrow and the pneumatic tires on my
wheelbarrow deflate regularly after just a a few weeks.

I only have a small air compressor which makes it difficult to
re-inflate all these small tires. .

Is there a way to prevent the air from escaping from my wagon wheels and
wheelbarrow wheel?

There must be a better way! Is there a sealant which permanently seals
the gap between the wheel and the tire?

Slime.

http://slime.com/category/sealant/tire-sealant/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/27/2015 01:08 PM, Walter E. wrote:
The tire on my cars do not deflate by themselves just because the cars
are not used frequently.

However, the tires on my wheelbarrow and the pneumatic tires on my
wheelbarrow deflate regularly after just a a few weeks.

I only have a small air compressor which makes it difficult to
re-inflate all these small tires. .

Is there a way to prevent the air from escaping from my wagon wheels and
wheelbarrow wheel?

There must be a better way! Is there a sealant which permanently seals
the gap between the wheel and the tire?

On my wheelbarrow, the rim was bent so bad, nothing would seal it, so I
bought an inner-tube (on eBay)

problem solved
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On 06/27/2015 1:08 PM, Walter E. wrote:

Is there a way to prevent the air from escaping from my wagon wheels and
wheelbarrow wheel?

There must be a better way! Is there a sealant which permanently seals
the gap between the wheel and the tire?

There is as others noted; also you can just switch over to a
semi-pneumatic tire that doesn't use air at all...little more expense up
front but eliminates the pita-factor of the slime when do need to repair
a tire using it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 27 Jun 2015 11:08:43 -0700, "Walter E."
wrote:

The tire on my cars do not deflate by themselves just because the cars are
not used frequently.

However, the tires on my wheelbarrow and the pneumatic tires on my
wheelbarrow deflate regularly after just a a few weeks.

I only have a small air compressor which makes it difficult to re-inflate
all these small tires. .

Is there a way to prevent the air from escaping from my wagon wheels and
wheelbarrow wheel?

There must be a better way! Is there a sealant which permanently seals the
gap between the wheel and the tire?

Are they tube or tubeless type???
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "Walter E."
wrote:

The tire on my cars do not deflate by themselves just because the cars are
not used frequently.

However, the tires on my wheelbarrow and the pneumatic tires on my
wheelbarrow deflate regularly after just a a few weeks.

I only have a small air compressor which makes it difficult to re-inflate
all these small tires. .

Is there a way to prevent the air from escaping from my wagon wheels and
wheelbarrow wheel?

There must be a better way! Is there a sealant which permanently seals the
gap between the wheel and the tire?

Walter E.-

I have the same problem with a small wagon. I think the suggestion to
install inner tubes may be the best alternative, if they are available
for your specific tires. I never looked into that for mine.

One other thing to check, is if the valve cores are tight. When I was
young, tires had metal caps on the tire valves that had a forked top.
You could use the top to remove or tighten the valve core. I think I
have a couple in my collection, but do not know where!

You might look into getting a 4 or 5 gallon portable air tank with a
hose that can pump up the tires. You can fill the tank at your leisure,
perhaps to 100 pounds pressure. The tank should hold enough air for
several small tires.

Be sure to use a tire gauge to avoid bursting the tires. There is
probably a recommended pressure printed somewhere on each tire. I would
guess at 30 pounds maximum.

Fred
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/27/2015 02:51 PM, Fred McKenzie wrote:
One other thing to check, is if the valve cores are tight. When I was
young, tires had metal caps on the tire valves that had a forked top.
You could use the top to remove or tighten the valve core. I think I
have a couple in my collection, but do not know where!

You can find them in most parts stores, a couple of bucks for four. I've
got them on my motorcycles that have tubes and the bicycle that has
Schrader stems.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 27 Jun 2015 16:51:02 -0400, Fred McKenzie wrote:

In article , "Walter E."
wrote:

[...]

They sell those, at least they did just a few years ago.

You may need a license, ever since they were used to rip up the chariot
wheels of Marlon Brando's chariot.

have a couple in my collection, but do not know where!

You might look into getting a 4 or 5 gallon portable air tank with a
hose that can pump up the tires. You can fill the tank at your leisure,
perhaps to 100 pounds pressure. The tank should hold enough air for
several small tires.

Be sure to use a tire gauge to avoid bursting the tires. There is
probably a recommended pressure printed somewhere on each tire. I would
guess at 30 pounds maximum.

Fred

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/27/2015 03:51 PM, Fred McKenzie wrote:
In article , "Walter E."
wrote:

The tire on my cars do not deflate by themselves just because the cars are
not used frequently.

However, the tires on my wheelbarrow and the pneumatic tires on my
wheelbarrow deflate regularly after just a a few weeks.

I only have a small air compressor which makes it difficult to re-inflate
all these small tires. .

Is there a way to prevent the air from escaping from my wagon wheels and
wheelbarrow wheel?

There must be a better way! Is there a sealant which permanently seals the
gap between the wheel and the tire?

Walter E.-

I have the same problem with a small wagon. I think the suggestion to
install inner tubes may be the best alternative, if they are available
for your specific tires. I never looked into that for mine.

I might have been able to pick one up locally but did not want to drive
all over town searching...

that's why I just bought one on eBay...even with shipping it was not
very much money.

Posted to alt.home.repair

These tires are made of cheapest and worst quality Chinese rubber,
which is only good to last while the wheelbarrow is bring sold in a
store.

Either buy better pneumatic tires, or go with solid tires, which is
what I did.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 27 Jun 2015 11:08:43 -0700, "Walter E." wrote:

The tire on my cars do not deflate by themselves just because the cars are
not used frequently.

However, the tires on my wheelbarrow and the pneumatic tires on my
wheelbarrow deflate regularly after just a a few weeks.

I only have a small air compressor which makes it difficult to re-inflate
all these small tires. .

Is there a way to prevent the air from escaping from my wagon wheels and
wheelbarrow wheel?

There must be a better way! Is there a sealant which permanently seals the
gap between the wheel and the tire?

You're not alone. I'm a farmer, and as soon as one of them go flat, I
just install an innertube. Those small innertubes cost $10 or less.
Thats worth the cost to eliminate the hassle. Small tires like that just
dont seal well around the bead. Tire shops can apply a bead sealer, but
you'll probably pay them $10 to do it. You can pry a tire off with 2
screwdrivers and apply an innertube yourself.