Posted to alt.home.repair

Default ASS-A-HOLE ADOBE

Consumerism, which includes marketing to the pop culture idiots (probably
you), has recently wormed its way into the latest PDF reader by Adobe.
This latest version lacks user control, notably a manual control over
automatic downloads, which should consist solely of updates and/or patches.
Sadly, it appears manual updating has been snatched.
And if this weren't enough slap in the face, the DC reader secretly sends
users' browsing information to Amazon.com. What the **** is this?

I think that, in light of this most offensive premeditated kick in the
user's ****, as it were, by Adobe, I will likely go with the PDF reader
available through the Firefox browser.
Like I have said before, there is no place on this ********d planet where
one can escape the marketeers.

NOW YOU MAY RETURN TO BEING ASSHOLES ONCE AGAIN.
^@^

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, June 25, 2015 at 7:50:47 PM UTC-7, Col. Edmund J. Burke wrote:
Consumerism, which includes marketing to the pop culture idiots (probably
you), has recently wormed its way into the latest PDF reader by Adobe.
This latest version lacks user control, notably a manual control over
automatic downloads, which should consist solely of updates and/or patches.
Sadly, it appears manual updating has been snatched.
And if this weren't enough slap in the face, the DC reader secretly sends
users' browsing information to Amazon.com. What the **** is this?

I think that, in light of this most offensive premeditated kick in the
user's ****, as it were, by Adobe, I will likely go with the PDF reader
available through the Firefox browser.
Like I have said before, there is no place on this ********d planet where
one can escape the marketeers.

NOW YOU MAY RETURN TO BEING ASSHOLES ONCE AGAIN.
^@^

Adobe reader has become so bloated nowadays. I just downloaded that DC reader a couple of days ago and I hate it. My other laptop has Adobe Reader 9.5 on it and that version works perfectly fine for me.

I think I will go to the competition now and download FOXIT Reader (it's free). I have Foxit on my old Win98SE laptop and am very happy with Foxit.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, June 25, 2015 at 8:24:01 PM UTC-7, wrote:
[...]

Oh I forgot the link:

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/Secure_PDF_Reader/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/26/2015 03:50 AM, Col. Edmund J. Burke wrote:
Consumerism, which includes marketing to the pop culture idiots (probably
you), has recently wormed its way into the latest PDF reader by Adobe.

Yes, beware of the phrase "for free".
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

I started using Foxit a while back , mostly because of Adobe's rep for
spreading virus . I don't let Adobe automatically update anything , if I
actually need the update for any reason I do it manually .

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/25/2015 09:50 PM, Col. Edmund J. Burke wrote:
Consumerism, which includes marketing to the pop culture idiots (probably
you), has recently wormed its way into the latest PDF reader by Adobe.
This latest version lacks user control, notably a manual control over
automatic downloads, which should consist solely of updates and/or patches.
Sadly, it appears manual updating has been snatched.
And if this weren't enough slap in the face, the DC reader secretly sends
users' browsing information to Amazon.com. What the **** is this?

[snip]

I haven't used Adobe in a long time. Here I see reasons not to start again.

--
"Go around the world, and where you find the least superstition, there
you will find the best men, the best women, the best children." --Robert
Posted to alt.home.repair

THIS HAS BEEN A FREE PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
COURTESY OF COLONEL BURKE.

Adobe Homes JIMMIE Home Repair 19 March 9th 10 01:34 AM
Adobe Cs3 Tutorials Pearl Home Repair 0 April 1st 08 03:48 PM
Adobe Lovers She is Home Repair 0 March 9th 08 01:06 AM
3D Adobe Acrobat? Joe AutoDrill Metalworking 0 February 21st 06 04:06 PM
Cut List -- using Adobe Illustrator John Poole Woodworking 12 June 28th 05 05:17 PM