Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Stihl chainsaw...

Chainsaw starts, but the chain does not turn. The chain is not over tight and is on the sprocket. Could it be the clutch or the auto-brake? I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, June 25, 2015 at 11:23:05 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Chainsaw starts, but the chain does not turn. The chain is not over tight and is on the sprocket. Could it be the clutch or the auto-brake? I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

It's the safety brake. Pull the hand shield towards you to release it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, June 25, 2015 at 12:00:11 PM UTC-7, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 6/25/2015 12:23 PM, wrote:
Chainsaw starts, but the chain does not turn. The

chain is not over tight and is on the sprocket. Could
it be the clutch or the auto-brake? I appreciate any
suggestions. Thanks!

Yes, that's totally possible.

Suggestions: Pull the safety handle
towards your self.

-
.
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.
www.lds.org

Yes that is the most likely. It may take a strong pull or jerk. I had one saw that really needed muscle to release.

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/25/2015 3:06 PM, Harry K wrote:
Suggestions: Pull the safety handle
towards your self.

-
.
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
. www.lds.org

Yes that is the most likely. It may take a strong

pull or jerk. I had one saw that really needed muscle
to release.

Harry K

The one or two Stihl I've handled, the safety bar over
the front handle moves half to a full inch forward and
back. It (safety handle forward) is a very real possible
reason why no chain movement.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 25 Jun 2015 15:00:32 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

Suggestions: Pull the safety handle
towards your self.

Crank the engine an do it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Suggestions: Pull the safety handle
towards your self.

Crank the engine an do it.

Not sure I know what you mean.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Suggestions: Pull the safety handle
towards your self.

Crank the engine an do it.

Not sure I know what you mean.

Oren wants to pull on yer choke.
LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks for the input. It was the chain brake. I have to say it made a loud pop when I forced it toward me, but it works fine now. Thanks again everyone.