Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Disposing of old drywall?

On Friday, November 12, 1999 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Paul Nash wrote:
I looked around Deja, but couldn't find what I wanted to know, so here
goes...

I'm considering ripping out some drywall and replacing it, for a number of
reasons including that somebody put a nice walkway between two of my
bedrooms with bi-fold doors and I don't like it at all. Anyway, I was
wondering what the standard way of getting rid of the old drywall is...just
drive it to the dump? Give it to some sort of recycler?

What are the odds that my walls have lead paint in them, and does that
matter? (for disposal -- of course I should be careful with dust when
gutting the old stuff). My house was built in '65.

Thanks...

-Paul

But a Bagster from Home Depot for $29.95 and have Waste Management haul it away (for $150 or so). Burying waste building materials is just a bad idea. Filling wall cavities with it is even worse.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 23 Jun 2015 15:42:51 -0700 (PDT), Yankee Builder
wrote:

[...]

Hey, Mr. Peabody, get into your Wayback machine and set it to sometime
after the turn of the century. I'm sure your advice is no longer
needed by Mr. Nash.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Yankee Builder wrote:
[...]

There is no deja.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

Just take your junk on a moonless midnight ride and toss it into a ditch somewhere. Easy-peasy.