Posted to alt.home.repair

Default electric awning with rain sensor

Visited a friend last weekend in Dallas where it's hot and there is lots
of sun, and he had an electric awning that seemed very nice.

This one had a rain sensor, and when it sensed water, it brought the
awning in, so it wouldn't be ripped apart by a hurricane. A nice
feature. Although I would want an override so one could be out there in
a mild rain and stay dry. It probably has that too or you could put in a
switch. I didn't get the brand name, but I'm sure you can find it if
you want.

The support arms were like upper arms and fore arms, and even when the
awning was fully open, the arms were partly bent. Seemed fragile to me
but he has money so it's probably a good brand and a good design. The
arms certainly were not thin.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, June 20, 2015 at 10:34:26 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:
Visited a friend last weekend in Dallas where it's hot and there is lots
of sun, and he had an electric awning that seemed very nice.

This one had a rain sensor, and when it sensed water, it brought the
awning in, so it wouldn't be ripped apart by a hurricane. A nice
feature. Although I would want an override so one could be out there in
a mild rain and stay dry. It probably has that too or you could put in a
switch. I didn't get the brand name, but I'm sure you can find it if
you want.

The support arms were like upper arms and fore arms, and even when the
awning was fully open, the arms were partly bent. Seemed fragile to me
but he has money so it's probably a good brand and a good design. The
arms certainly were not thin.

What he has is useless. What it should be is a *wind* sensor
so that if it detects high wind, it retracts.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 20 Jun 2015 21:08:14 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

[...]

That makes more sense. One reason I'd want the awning is to sit out
in the rain, as long as it was not blowing.

Our deck is 8' off the ground and is cement under it. We use that a
lot as a covered patio as the deck is in the sun till mid afternoon.
My wife has been after me for 30 years to waterproof the deck so she
can sit out under it in the rain.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/21/2015 10:08 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Our deck is 8' off the ground and is cement under it. We use that a
lot as a covered patio as the deck is in the sun till mid afternoon.
My wife has been after me for 30 years to waterproof the deck so she
can sit out under it in the rain.

No need to remind you every five year or so,
you'll get around to it.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

micky posted for all of us...

Visited a friend last weekend in Dallas where it's hot and there is lots
of sun, and he had an electric awning that seemed very nice.

This one had a rain sensor, and when it sensed water, it brought the
awning in, so it wouldn't be ripped apart by a hurricane. A nice
feature. Although I would want an override so one could be out there in
a mild rain and stay dry. It probably has that too or you could put in a
switch. I didn't get the brand name, but I'm sure you can find it if
you want.

The support arms were like upper arms and fore arms, and even when the
awning was fully open, the arms were partly bent. Seemed fragile to me
but he has money so it's probably a good brand and a good design. The
arms certainly were not thin.

SO? Dat's Nize

--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*