Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Car compass

On 6/9/2015 12:39 PM, KenK wrote:
Last week on the way to downtown I found my main east/west road was closed.
Trying to avoid a two mile drive to and from the next e/w main road I
ducked into the residential area nearby. This is a dry agricultural area so
there are lots of irrigation ditches and I kept getting blocked by them.
Quickly became lost. Finally ended up on the next main road I was trying to
avoid driving to but with many side trips on the way. sigh I had wished I
had a compass. Can you still put one in the car? There used to be many more
places to fasten one around the windshield than nowdays on a modern car.

Others have mentioned a GPS, a very good idea. In many cars you can
have a compass in the mirror. As a bonus, they are the elecrochromatic
mirrors that dime when an a-hole in back of you has his high beams on.

Car compass Stormin Mormon[_10_] Home Repair 40 June 17th 15 10:04 PM
Car compass Frank[_23_] Home Repair 24 June 12th 15 03:09 AM
Compass plane tiredofspam Woodworking Plans and Photos 2 February 21st 12 01:07 AM
compass C & S Woodworking Plans and Photos 5 May 12th 08 01:12 PM
Electronic compass Roy Hammond Electronics Repair 4 November 21st 04 11:17 PM