Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How a Lock Works...

Here's a pretty good animation I came across which can be used to show
your non-techie friends and young kids what goes on when you push a key
into a cylinder lock and turn it.

http://www.wkrp.org/Lock

Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, May 22, 2015 at 6:46:25 PM UTC-5, Jeff Wisnia wrote:
Here's a pretty good animation I came across which can be used to show
your non-techie friends and young kids what goes on when you push a key
into a cylinder lock and turn it.

http://www.wkrp.org/Lock

Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Cool! Thanks, I added it to my animated gif collection. 8-)

[8~{} Uncle Lock Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/22/15 7:46 PM, Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Here's a pretty good animation I came across which can be used to show
your non-techie friends and young kids what goes on when you push a key
into a cylinder lock and turn it.

http://www.wkrp.org/Lock

Jeff

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

In Stir Crazy, did you notice Grossberger wearing a Brass Rat? How come
he couldn't figure out the locks? How come the movie didn't get any
academy awards? How come JoBeth Williams didn't look that hot in other
movies?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/22/15 9:36 PM, J Burns wrote:
On 5/22/15 7:46 PM, Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Here's a pretty good animation I came across which can be used to show
your non-techie friends and young kids what goes on when you push a key
into a cylinder lock and turn it.

http://www.wkrp.org/Lock

Jeff

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

In Stir Crazy, did you notice Grossberger wearing a Brass Rat? How come
he couldn't figure out the locks? How come the movie didn't get any
academy awards? How come JoBeth Williams didn't look that hot in other
movies?

There's his Brass Rat!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE5cshs3cdc

Skip looks and sounds like Edward Winslow, the well-heeled writer who
befriended the Indians, whom other Pilgrims found intimidatingly big and
strong.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 22 May 2015 21:49:58 -0400, J Burns
wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE5cshs3cdc

Too funny. I love that movie. Prison chow-halls today are much the
same. Self-segregation. Sitting in the wrong chair can get you
killed. True, happened at USP-Lewisburg, PA. The guy lived on my cell
block. The intended target was another guy (long story). One stab in
the jugular.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE5cshs3cdc

Too funny. I love that movie. Prison chow-halls today are much the
same. Self-segregation. Sitting in the wrong chair can get you
killed. True, happened at USP-Lewisburg, PA. The guy lived on my cell
block. The intended target was another guy (long story). One stab in
the jugular.

I guess it would be hard to prevent such an attack if an inmate dared.
You say "intended." Did he succeed? Did he think he'd get away with it?
What happened to him?

What would Johnny Cash have done if he'd been warden? He was also
outspoken on the cause of American Indians until a genealogist told him
he wasn't one.

I like "Ira Hayes," but not the part blaming his fate of economic
deprivation. He'd left a good job in Chicago, trying to escape a culture
that celebrated the slaughter on Iwo Jima. At the dedication of the
memorial, Eisenhower asked how he liked the pomp. He replied, "I
don't." He didn't live long after that.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 22 May 2015 19:46:20 -0400, Jeff Wisnia
wrote:

Here's a pretty good animation I came across which can be used to show
your non-techie friends and young kids what goes on when you push a key
into a cylinder lock and turn it.

http://www.wkrp.org/Lock

Jeff

Excellent animation! Thanks for posting.

Posted to alt.home.repair

J Burns wrote:
On 5/22/15 9:36 PM, J Burns wrote:
On 5/22/15 7:46 PM, Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Here's a pretty good animation I came across which can be used to show
your non-techie friends and young kids what goes on when you push a key
into a cylinder lock and turn it.

http://www.wkrp.org/Lock

Jeff

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

In Stir Crazy, did you notice Grossberger wearing a Brass Rat? How come
he couldn't figure out the locks? How come the movie didn't get any
academy awards? How come JoBeth Williams didn't look that hot in other
movies?

There's his Brass Rat!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE5cshs3cdc

You must have eyes like a hawk!

Did you spot that on the screen and figger it out or didja already know
that the actor playing Grossberger, Erland van Lidth, always wore one?

His bio does state he attended MIT from 1972-1976.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/23/15 3:47 PM, Jeff Wisnia wrote:

J Burns wrote:
On 5/22/15 9:36 PM, J Burns wrote:
[...]

Google is my friend.

Erland van Lidth de Jeude, born into a Dutch noble family, came to
America at 5. In Manhattan he was a computer professional, college
instructor, and opera singer. He was supposed to wrestle in the 1980
Olympics, but the US boycotted them over Afghanistan.

His brother and sister are also opera singers. He died at 34.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How a Lock Works...Pins up

Jeff Wisnia posted for all of us...

Here's a pretty good animation I came across which can be used to show
your non-techie friends and young kids what goes on when you push a key
into a cylinder lock and turn it.

http://www.wkrp.org/Lock

Jeff

I don't mess with keys in locks...
I just slip it into her box!

Stumped will finally learn how a lock works-maybe.

--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*