Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Mildew on roof shindles

On Sunday, June 22, 2003 at 9:06:37 PM UTC-5, Bill Clements wrote:
I have what appears to be mildew on the roof shingles
of my home. Any ideas on how to remove this ?

Thanks in advance......

Copper and zinc strips at the top of the roof are supposed to prevent algae growth from building up on a roof but I came across some good information here on this site. 8-)

http://www.todayshomeowner.com/remov...phalt-shingle/

[8~{} Uncle Roof Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, May 22, 2015 at 9:26:17 AM UTC-4, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Sunday, June 22, 2003 at 9:06:37 PM UTC-5, Bill Clements wrote:
I have what appears to be mildew on the roof shingles
of my home. Any ideas on how to remove this ?

Thanks in advance......

Copper and zinc strips at the top of the roof are supposed to prevent algae growth from building up on a roof but I came across some good information here on this site. 8-)

http://www.todayshomeowner.com/remov...phalt-shingle/

[8~{} Uncle Roof Monster

When I looked into this a few years ago, I came to the conclusion
that the zinc strips probably don't work all that well. I saw plenty
of pics of installations where they did work, but only for maybe 4ft
down the roof. After that algae was growing again. It makes sense,
because the zinc will get diluted more the farther down it goes. So,
to protect the whole roof, you'd have to put them every 4ft or so
down the whole roof. Which would look like hell. Copper, I didn't
look into.