Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to define "Electrical"?

On Fri, 15 May 2015 18:40:57 -0400, J Burns
wrote:

On 5/15/15 5:55 PM, taxed and spent wrote:
"J Burns" wrote in message
On 5/15/15 5:22 PM, taxed and spent wrote:
"J Burns" wrote in message
On 5/15/15 4:59 PM, taxed and spent wrote:
"Tekkie®" wrote in message
hah posted for all of us...

So you have a radio that works with no electricity. How does that
work?
Considering that radio signals themselves are electric fields, you'd
need a new kind of broadcasting.

You don't need electricity to receive AM. A (?)crystal will convert
the
received signal to headphones. DAGS on Crystal radios.

--

but that received signal is: ELECTRICITY!

Oh yeah, like I'm supposed to power my home's electrical system from a
crystal radio. I WASN'T BORN YESTERDAY!!!

powering your with electricity would be a subset of "electrical".

How could my home be powered with a subset? A subset must have either a
diesel engine and a big battery or a nuclear reactor. My home's
electrical system has none of those things.

I think I know your home better than you do. Check the sub sub sub
basement.

You may be thinking of my summer place, Castle De'ath. When Patrick
Macnee asked to film an episode there, I said it was out of the
question. A man's castle is his home! Then Diana Rigg walked in and
stood silhouetted against the window in her sheer nightgown. Macnee
said viewers wouldn't even notice my sub pens. I agreed.

If there were any under this house, wouldn't I have been informed when I
bought it? Wouldn't the cellar have told me?

You paying stormy to be your speech writer now???
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/15/2015 4:00 PM, J Burns wrote:
On 5/15/15 3:00 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Flashlight batteries provide volts and amps,
which operate a bulb measured in ohms.

I consider that electrical. I also consider that
"runs on electricity".

I was going to ask you to pick me up a digital wrist watch at Harbor
Freight. I don't want to get you all upset, but I've changed my mind.
You'd spend all day looking in the electrical goods department.

Sigh. You know me too well. I was in HF about an
hour ago, and I could be there tomorrow opening,
if they let me.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tekkie®" wrote in message
[...]

Is he a fan, too? sigh Actresses were never so attractive on analog
color TV.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rR6...w&spfreload=10
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, May 15, 2015 at 5:35:11 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 15 May 2015 15:31:07 -0700 (PDT), bob_villa
wrote:

On Friday, May 15, 2015 at 1:47:35 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:

BYL KMA

...mark off a spot...you're ALL ass!

Spit is out so I can mark it. What color?

....nothing there, zero to spit out...did you forget squat ****er?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 14 May 2015 14:15:28 -0500, wrote:

The local Goodwill store had a HALF PRICE on all Electrical items
yesterday. The sign read: "Everything Electrical is Half Price Today -
Anything that plugs in".

I got:
Lamp timer with a 120V cord on it.
Computer mouse with PS2 cord/plug
A 6 foot A/V cable (3 wire RCA cable for a VCR or DVD player)
A USB to Mini USB cord for my cellphone.

When I checked out, the clerk said that the only item that plugs in, was
the timer. I explained to her that the computer mouse PLUGS IN to a
computer, the RCA cable PLUGS IN to a TV and VCR or DVD, and the USB
cord PLUGS IN to a computer and cellphone.

She called the manager. He asked her what the problem is.
She said this stuff dont plug in. He looked puzzled, when I said "It
dont say what it's supposed to plug *INTO*", and told hom the same as I
told the clerk (above).

He agreed with me, and said it all looked electrical, and told the clerk
to give me the half price. But said if anything needed batteries, that
would not qualify.

A lot of peoiple think batteries are electrical, but 98% of them are
hydraulic, either using air, water, or hydraulic oil. The fluid is
converted back in the battery and can't normally be seen when the
batteries are removed.

I'm not complaining, but that really is stupid and very vague wording.
Just saying "Electrical" should suffice.....

They probably gave you the discount for the sake of good will.