Posted to alt.home.repair
Doc Doc is offline

Default Belt keeps breaking on Oreck XL vacuum

replying to KnobCourt, Doc wrote:
knobcourt wrote:

We have an Oreck XL 9000D. It worked fine for the first several years, but

now
the belts keep breaking. It can go for a couple of rooms and then break,

or
it
will break as soon as I put it on. I replaced the roller and I keep it

clean
and free-spinning constantly. As a matter of fact, I JUST cleaned the

roller
and checked it for spin, put on a brand new belt, and as soon as I turned

it
on
I smelled that old familiar smell and the belt was ALREADY broken. The

drive
shaft and the roller appear to be aligned, but it's hard to tell by

eyeballing
it.
Are there any suggestions or should I ditch this so-called wonderful
vacuum?????
Knobcourt

I know this is a really old thread, but it may help someone. This may be
why:

http://www.ebay.com/gds/Belt-burning...2987558/g.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

knobcourt wrote:

[...]

I doubt your reply to an ELEVEN YEAR OLD question help anyone. Let's hope they wised up and got a Dyson.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/7/2015 2:47 PM, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:

I doubt your reply to an ELEVEN YEAR OLD question help anyone. Let's hope they wised up and got a Dyson.

I've read that Dyson is way overpriced and the Shark is better. Anyone
ever do a real comparison?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 07 May 2015 15:37:14 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/7/2015 2:47 PM, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:

I doubt your reply to an ELEVEN YEAR OLD question help anyone. Let's hope they wised up and got a Dyson.

I've read that Dyson is way overpriced and the Shark is better. Anyone
ever do a real comparison?

Consumer reports generally rates Hoover well. Dyson overpriced.