Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Garage Floor Efflorescence

My garage floor looks ugly because of spotty efflorescence, recurring
especially in winter. It disappears when I power-wash it but after a few
weeks it recurs. I have also washed it with mild acid which, too, makes is
go away for a while.

My home is 30 years old. There are no cracks in the floor. The white stuff
just does not look right.

Can I paint over this stuff with epoxy, or cover it up somehow?

Anyone has the same problem and solved it?

--

www.rationality.net

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/29/2015 05:16 PM, Walter E. wrote:
My garage floor looks ugly because of spotty efflorescence, recurring
especially in winter. It disappears when I power-wash it but after a few
weeks it recurs. I have also washed it with mild acid which, too, makes
is go away for a while.

My home is 30 years old. There are no cracks in the floor. The white
stuff just does not look right.

Can I paint over this stuff with epoxy, or cover it up somehow?

Anyone has the same problem and solved it?

http://www.delawarequarries.com/clea...orescence.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, April 29, 2015 at 6:48:16 PM UTC-4, philo wrote:
On 04/29/2015 05:16 PM, Walter E. wrote:
My garage floor looks ugly because of spotty efflorescence, recurring
especially in winter. It disappears when I power-wash it but after a few
weeks it recurs. I have also washed it with mild acid which, too, makes
is go away for a while.

My home is 30 years old. There are no cracks in the floor. The white
stuff just does not look right.

Can I paint over this stuff with epoxy, or cover it up somehow?

Anyone has the same problem and solved it?

http://www.delawarequarries.com/clea...orescence.html

In addition googling "painting over efflorescence" will produce
a lot of info. The efflorescence is minerals leaching through
the concrete via moisture from below. I've never tried to paint
anything that had it, but I would suspect that it's likely the
paint will fail as the process continues under the new paint.

Efflorescence beneath DPC under suspended floor Gavin Willingham UK diy 3 September 9th 11 04:07 PM
Efflorescence ... ? Arfa Daily UK diy 18 March 4th 09 12:44 PM
efflorescence, or something to worry about ? Colin Wilson UK diy 2 August 27th 07 10:51 AM
Mould or efflorescence? xscope UK diy 6 January 16th 06 06:13 PM
Brick efflorescence R. Levor Home Repair 3 January 31st 05 04:53 AM