Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Maytag oven finally repaired

Done yesterday. Wife could not use oven for ~2 months due to lack of
heating element. Dealer said it would take longer but wife called Maytag
and they said they would send her part in 5-10 days. When it did not
arrive after 2 weeks she called Maytag and they said they had no record
of her call. She was highly annoyed and told them that maybe they did
not have a record but she had a record of them asking for a survey of
their response to her call.

What a screw-up. Dealer had found part at distributor but did not tell
us before wife got involved in calling Whirlpool/Maytag.

Repairman said this is worse screw up he has ever seen although they
have trouble with Samsung.

We have bought our last Maytag appliance.
Posted to alt.home.repair

For what it's worth, I've got furnace parts from
Midwest HVAC Parts and a stove sparker from
Midwest Appliance Parts. I'm not sure if that's
the same company, but both items were delivered
quickly, and they have a phone number, so one
can talk to a human. (I avoid buying online in
general. When I do I like to find a real company
that has humans and a phone number. There
might be some very nice people behind many of the
web-only options, but if there's no way to actually
reach them then I'd rather not do business with
them.)

Posted to alt.home.repair

I've met Frank's wife. He's a nice guy.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,uk.rec.driving

"Mayayana" wrote in message
For what it's worth, I've got furnace parts from
Midwest HVAC Parts and a stove sparker ............

"Stove sparker"?
LOL

From which planet dust thou hail?
LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/29/2015 08:16 AM, Frank wrote:
Done yesterday. Wife could not use oven for ~2 months due to lack of
heating element. Dealer said it would take longer but wife called Maytag
and they said they would send her part in 5-10 days. When it did not
arrive after 2 weeks she called Maytag and they said they had no record
of her call. She was highly annoyed and told them that maybe they did
not have a record but she had a record of them asking for a survey of
their response to her call.

What a screw-up. Dealer had found part at distributor but did not tell
us before wife got involved in calling Whirlpool/Maytag.

Repairman said this is worse screw up he has ever seen although they
have trouble with Samsung.

We have bought our last Maytag appliance.

Not good.

Years ago I had an RCA refrigerator and needed to get some bearings for
the door pivot.

Walked into the local supply depot and within seconds, they were able to
come up with the part number from a data base of (probably) 50,000 parts.

Said it was not in stock but I could pay them and they'd send if from
their main warehouse. It was all of three bucks. I was in there no more
than five minutes.

Next day, the parts were at my door.

Outstanding!

I know where I worked I've seen our office keep a customer waiting for
as long as half an hour when all they needed were a few fuses.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank wrote:

Done yesterday. Wife could not use oven for ~2 months due to lack of
heating element. Dealer said it would take longer but wife called Maytag
and they said they would send her part in 5-10 days. When it did not
arrive after 2 weeks she called Maytag and they said they had no record
of her call. She was highly annoyed and told them that maybe they did
not have a record but she had a record of them asking for a survey of
their response to her call.

What a screw-up. Dealer had found part at distributor but did not tell
us before wife got involved in calling Whirlpool/Maytag.

Repairman said this is worse screw up he has ever seen although they
have trouble with Samsung.

We have bought our last Maytag appliance.

ack!

often the heating elements can be found in other
places. we were able to find ours at the Sears Parts
store, but i had to do a little research and call the
GE parts line to get the number. the Sears place at
first wanted to give us an element that didn't look
right (and of course cost more). even if the watt/rating
can be the same i wanted to make sure the thing fit.
the price on it went anywhere from $80something to $30 or
so. since we drive by the parts place a few times a month
it was ok for us to go pick it up ourselves. one of
the times when this internet connection paid for itself
for the month.

songbird
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 29 Apr 2015 09:16:33 -0400, Frank "frank
wrote:

Done yesterday. Wife could not use oven for ~2 months due to lack of
heating element. Dealer said it would take longer but wife called Maytag
and they said they would send her part in 5-10 days. When it did not
arrive after 2 weeks she called Maytag and they said they had no record
of her call. She was highly annoyed and told them that maybe they did
not have a record but she had a record of them asking for a survey of
their response to her call.

What a screw-up. Dealer had found part at distributor but did not tell
us before wife got involved in calling Whirlpool/Maytag.

Repairman said this is worse screw up he has ever seen although they
have trouble with Samsung.

We have bought our last Maytag appliance.

Talking to an appliance repair guy months ago, he spoke about that
tsunami in Japan. One plant that built electronic boards and the
largest plant, was destroyed so there would be long term shortages in
boards for some time. I forget the name of the company.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/29/2015 07:41 AM, songbird wrote:

often the heating elements can be found in other
places. we were able to find ours at the Sears Parts
store, but i had to do a little research and call the
GE parts line to get the number. the Sears place at
first wanted to give us an element that didn't look
right (and of course cost more). even if the watt/rating
can be the same i wanted to make sure the thing fit.
the price on it went anywhere from $80something to $30 or
so. since we drive by the parts place a few times a month
it was ok for us to go pick it up ourselves. one of
the times when this internet connection paid for itself
for the month.

My (older) GE blew out the oven element a few months ago, picked up a
new one the next day from the local used appliance dealer (for a very
reasonable price). I could have picked up the same thing from ebay for
a little less, but I didn't feel like waiting five days for shipping.

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank wrote:
Done yesterday. Wife could not use oven for ~2 months due to lack of
heating element. Dealer said it would take longer but wife called Maytag
and they said they would send her part in 5-10 days. When it did not
arrive after 2 weeks she called Maytag and they said they had no record
of her call. She was highly annoyed and told them that maybe they did
not have a record but she had a record of them asking for a survey of
their response to her call.

What a screw-up. Dealer had found part at distributor but did not tell
us before wife got involved in calling Whirlpool/Maytag.

Repairman said this is worse screw up he has ever seen although they
have trouble with Samsung.

We have bought our last Maytag appliance.

Maytag is now name only.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/29/2015 4:54 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
Frank wrote:
Done yesterday. Wife could not use oven for ~2 months due to lack of
heating element. Dealer said it would take longer but wife called Maytag
and they said they would send her part in 5-10 days. When it did not
arrive after 2 weeks she called Maytag and they said they had no record
of her call. She was highly annoyed and told them that maybe they did
not have a record but she had a record of them asking for a survey of
their response to her call.

What a screw-up. Dealer had found part at distributor but did not tell
us before wife got involved in calling Whirlpool/Maytag.

Repairman said this is worse screw up he has ever seen although they
have trouble with Samsung.

We have bought our last Maytag appliance.

Maytag is now name only.

Part from Maytag just showed up on our doorstep.
They must have sent it and erased all correspondence.
Told my wife not to give it to the repair people or send it back but
just squirrel away for the next time.