Posted to alt.home.repair

Default sewer backup

Friends house fixer upper drains plugged. Must be a septic system. No
basement. I don't think there is a crawl space but I'll find more info. I
suggest wait and see if any drains, use roto router, then inspect with
camera. All drains plugged. At this point that's all I know. House has been
unoccupied for 15 years. Might know more tomorrow.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

Gregz,

Your title suggests that the sewer is backing up. Is this from a lot or
rain? No crawl space, is this a concrete pad? Your camera plan makes
sense.to me. Look for "clean out" ports and snake out the pipes in the
house. Find out what sort of septic sysems are common in your area.

Dave M.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"gregz" wrote in message
Friends house fixer upper drains plugged. Must be a septic system. No
basement. I don't think there is a crawl space but I'll find more info. I
suggest wait and see if any drains, use roto router, then inspect with
camera. All drains plugged. At this point that's all I know. House has
been
unoccupied for 15 years. Might know more tomorrow.

Greg

Did you check yer underpants? The smell might be coming from skid marks,
you know?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default sewer backup Burked

Col. Edmund Burke posted for all of us...

"gregz" wrote in message
Friends house fixer upper drains plugged. Must be a septic system. No
basement. I don't think there is a crawl space but I'll find more info. I
suggest wait and see if any drains, use roto router, then inspect with
camera. All drains plugged. At this point that's all I know. House has
been
unoccupied for 15 years. Might know more tomorrow.

Greg

Did you check yer underpants? The smell might be coming from skid marks,
you know?

You'll be right out to lick them clean.

--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 14 Apr 2015 08:46:35 +0000 (UTC), gregz
wrote:

Friends house fixer upper drains plugged. Must be a septic system. No
basement. I don't think there is a crawl space but I'll find more info. I
suggest wait and see if any drains, use roto router, then inspect with
camera. All drains plugged. At this point that's all I know. House has been
unoccupied for 15 years. Might know more tomorrow.

Greg

After 15 years, the sludge in the septic tank is probably solid. Get a
septic pumper out there. But if it's really solid, they may not be able
to pump it. Could be that pipes or even the tank have collapsed.
Regardless, you need to get the septic tank inspected and go from there.
Routing out the pipe will only clean the pipe. If the sewerage dont have
any place to go in the tank, it will just plug again.

Posted to alt.home.repair

gregz wrote:
Friends house fixer upper drains plugged. Must be a septic system. No
basement. I don't think there is a crawl space but I'll find more info. I
suggest wait and see if any drains, use roto router, then inspect with
camera. All drains plugged. At this point that's all I know. House has been
unoccupied for 15 years. Might know more tomorrow.

Greg

Nothing done today. Nothing is seen on the grounds. Might be grown over.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

"gregz" wrote in message
Friends house fixer upper drains plugged. Must be a septic system. No
basement. I don't think there is a crawl space but I'll find more info.
suggest wait and see if any drains, use roto router, then inspect with
camera. All drains plugged. At this point that's all I know. House has
been
unoccupied for 15 years. Might know more tomorrow.

Greg

Did you check yer underpants? The smell might be coming from skid marks,
you know?

You'll be right out to lick them clean.

--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*

Dear Sir,
Licking another man's ****ty underwear may work for you; however, I don't
swing that way.
LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair

"gregz" wrote in message
gregz wrote:
Friends house fixer upper drains plugged. Must be a septic system. No
basement. I don't think there is a crawl space but I'll find more info. I
suggest wait and see if any drains, use roto router, then inspect with
camera. All drains plugged. At this point that's all I know. House has
been
unoccupied for 15 years. Might know more tomorrow.

Greg

Nothing done today. Nothing is seen on the grounds. Might be grown over.

Gerg

Uh huh? Gown over?
Over 'n out, 'n goodnite to youse and urine.