Posted to alt.home.repair

Default garage door opens on its oen.

My garage door keeps opening on its own... what can i doto stop it. it
opens 2 to 3 times a day.

please help.

Posted to alt.home.repair

--

Open your manual and learn how to change the code (dip-switches) in the remote and opener. A neighbor has the same code as you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 30 Mar 2015 00:44:02 +0000,
wrote:

My garage door keeps opening on its own... what can i doto stop it. it
opens 2 to 3 times a day.

please help.

Pull the plug!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, March 29, 2015 at 7:44:07 PM UTC-5, loujo73 @ aol. com wrote:
My garage door keeps opening on its own... what can i doto stop it. it
opens 2 to 3 times a day.

please help.

--

That happened in the FL panhandle some years back. It was Navy planes doing some jamming while doing maneuvers. Enough complaints made them stop.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
My garage door keeps opening on its own... what can i doto stop it. it
opens 2 to 3 times a day.

please help.

Hi,
If you can change the remote code, try another code? Maybe one of your
neighbor's GDO is interfering with yours. Newer ones with frequency
rolling ones are less susceptible to interference.

Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote
in message roups.com...
My garage door keeps opening on its own... what can i doto stop it. it
opens 2 to 3 times a day.

You need to call a Catholic priest and have the door circumcised.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/30/2015 10:17 AM, Col. Edmund Burke wrote:
"
wrote in message
roups.com...
My garage door keeps opening on its own... what can i doto stop it. it
opens 2 to 3 times a day.

You need to call a Catholic priest and have the door circumcised.

The squirrels did that to my door, no priest needed.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, March 29, 2015 at 8:44:07 PM UTC-4, loujo73 @ aol. com wrote:
My garage door keeps opening on its own... what can i doto stop it. it
opens 2 to 3 times a day.

please help.

--

I repaired copiers for many years.

I had one that would for no apparent reason start printing all by itself.

traced eventually to a nearby land mobile radio repair shop.....

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/30/2015 1:11 PM, Moe DeLoughan wrote:
My garage door keeps opening on its own...
what can i doto stop it. it
opens 2 to 3 times a day.

You need to call a Catholic priest and have the door circumcised.

The squirrels did that to my door, no priest needed.

I thought the Jews were taking a little
off the tip, long before the Pope and his
guys got into the action.

Wonder if the garage door guy got any useful
tips, yet?

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, March 30, 2015 at 12:01:36 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:

That happened in the FL panhandle some years back. It was Navy planes doing some jamming while doing maneuvers. Enough complaints made them stop.

I seem to recall this, now that you mention it. I worked (Penology)
on Tyndall, Eglin AFB's and a little work at Pensacola Naval Air
Station.

The Redneck Riviera!

That was the one. My work interfaced with PNS NAS.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, March 31, 2015 at 1:46:53 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:

I seem to recall this, now that you mention it. I worked (Penology)
on Tyndall, Eglin AFB's and a little work at Pensacola Naval Air
Station.

The Redneck Riviera!

That was the one. My work interfaced with PNS NAS.

I'm trying to recall, was it along flight paths? Garage doors opening
in specific paths. It didn't happen everywhere...

I heard it was aerial maneuvers in a military ops area, including 1 doing some ECM (electronic counter measures) to jam "enemy" electronics. The ECM was running up & down many frequencies, including the garage door freq. Depending on the direction the jammer was flying, what power he was using, and what shielding the garages naturally had determined what garage doors opened & closed. They made him reduce signal power to keep it within the ops area they were using. He knew better but was screwing up.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, March 31, 2015 at 1:46:53 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:

I seem to recall this, now that you mention it. I worked (Penology)
on Tyndall, Eglin AFB's and a little work at Pensacola Naval Air
Station.

The Redneck Riviera!

That was the one. My work interfaced with PNS NAS.

I'm trying to recall, was it along flight paths? Garage doors opening
in specific paths. It didn't happen everywhere...

No not in flight paths, it was happening during aerial maneuvers in a military ops area(MOA)that was bleeding over to some housing neighborhoods. One of the Navy planes was using ECM (electronic counter measures) that jams "enemy" electronics. The jamming is running up & down the frequency bands, which includes some garage door opener frequencies. During the exercise the ECM output power should have been low and the planes stay inside the MOA. Neither was happening when the problems occurred, and the housing closest to the MOA was getting some effects, depending on their freq and some natural shielding of the garage units. The pilot was screwing up and got straightened out.