Posted to alt.home.repair

Default pool bursts, seeps into apartments 30 floors below

"...bought the 8,000-square-foot pad at 117 E. 57th St. in 1997 for
$7.4 million.

"...“The pump malfunctioned, and the entire pool drained through
David’s apartment and apartments below, right to the basement. Walls
and floors were completely soaked."

https://tinyurl.com/mvtxtsb
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/21/2015 05:53 PM, Oren wrote:
"...bought the 8,000-square-foot pad at 117 E. 57th St. in 1997 for
$7.4 million.

"...“The pump malfunctioned, and the entire pool drained through
David’s apartment and apartments below, right to the basement. Walls
and floors were completely soaked."

https://tinyurl.com/mvtxtsb

I am greatly relieved that I avoided temptation and did not get one of
those crummy and cheap $7 million apartments.

Takes at least three rolls of paper towels to clean up that kind of a
mess unless you are a magician of something.
Posted to alt.home.repair

philo wrote:
On 03/21/2015 05:53 PM, Oren wrote:
"...bought the 8,000-square-foot pad at 117 E. 57th St. in 1997 for
$7.4 million.

"...“The pump malfunctioned, and the entire pool drained through
David’s apartment and apartments below, right to the basement. Walls
and floors were completely soaked."

https://tinyurl.com/mvtxtsb

I am greatly relieved that I avoided temptation and did not get one of
those crummy and cheap $7 million apartments.

Takes at least three rolls of paper towels to clean up that kind of a
mess unless you are a magician of something.

Hi,
Bursting pool,Dumb idea proven again. The building may be condemned.
In S. Korea some years ago it killed many people and collapsed the
whole building. They blamed shoddy construction. Some building
inspectors went to jail. ome said they used a salty sand from sea side
to mix the concrete for the building causing rebars rust out.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 21 Mar 2015 19:18:52 -0500, philo wrote:

On 03/21/2015 05:53 PM, Oren wrote:
"...bought the 8,000-square-foot pad at 117 E. 57th St. in 1997 for
$7.4 million.

"...“The pump malfunctioned, and the entire pool drained through
David’s apartment and apartments below, right to the basement. Walls
and floors were completely soaked."

https://tinyurl.com/mvtxtsb

I am greatly relieved that I avoided temptation and did not get one of
those crummy and cheap $7 million apartments.

Takes at least three rolls of paper towels to clean up that kind of a
mess unless you are a magician of something.

"these rare, vintage Coney Island machines, which are priceless,
irreplaceable antiques, including a fortune teller, strength testers, an
electric shock machine and shooting galleries. But for some unknown
reason — or stroke of luck — these machines were spared by the water. "

Could it be because they all have legs that they stand on and I'll bet
the water never got more than 2" deep anywhere?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/21/2015 07:50 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
philo wrote:
[...]

There should have been a safe evacuation system

(naa, why bother?)