Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electrical Neutral Connected to Ground

I have just discovered that our 120v microwave oven is tapped into the
240v stove circuit. The stove circuit is a two wire cable with ground, and
the microwave is connected to one hot wire and the neutral is connected to
the grounding wire of the stove circuit. I'm not an electrician, but I
know intuitively this is not right. What is the major danger? Any ideas
for a remedy?