Posted to alt.home.repair
kal kal is offline

Default hotpoint rfa51p door shelf keeps falling

Hiya my hotpoint door shelf keeps falling off, the bottom one. The shelf
itself is fine, but the protrudings that hold the shelf in place are
broken. Thiese protrudings are part of the inside of fridge door, they are
not separable. Can i glue them together? Or do we need to buy new door
itself?

Thanks all

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/9/2015 11:44 AM, kal wrote:
Hiya my hotpoint door shelf keeps falling off, the bottom one. The shelf
itself is fine, but the protrudings that hold the shelf in place are
broken. Thiese protrudings are part of the inside of fridge door, they are
not separable. Can i glue them together? Or do we need to buy new door
itself?

Thanks all

What is the door made out of? I'd try epoxy to glue them back on. If
it is plastic, sand the surface for a better bond.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"kal" wrote in message
roups.com...
Hiya my hotpoint door shelf keeps falling off, the bottom one. The shelf
itself is fine, but the protrudings that hold the shelf in place are
broken. Thiese protrudings are part of the inside of fridge door, they are
not separable. Can i glue them together? Or do we need to buy new door
itself?

Thanks all

Are you the same Kal with the dog named Spot?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 09 Mar 2015 13:11:56 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

What is the door made out of? I'd try epoxy to glue them back on. If
it is plastic, sand the surface for a better bond.

+1 Epoxy is cheaper than a door or a door liner...

_Because people have a need to glue things to other things_

http://www.thistothat.com/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, March 9, 2015 at 2:50:53 PM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 09 Mar 2015 13:11:56 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

What is the door made out of? I'd try epoxy to glue them back on. If
it is plastic, sand the surface for a better bond.

+1 Epoxy is cheaper than a door or a door liner...

_Because people have a need to glue things to other things_

http://www.thistothat.com/

I'd use crazy glue on plastic. It also has the advantage of sticking
within a min or so. If the pieces are gone, then another option
might be to glue the shelf permanently to the door somehow. I
suspect that if it comes to buying the inside of the whole door,
that's going to be one hell of a cost and if it's a typical, garden
variety fridge, it's not gonna happen.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Kal,

I'd definitely try to fix the door. First try to reattach the
"protrusions" using epoxy. If that does not work try to glue the shelf to
the door using epoxy.
Take the food to a friend's, turn off the fridge, and remove the door.
Let the door and the protrusions come to room temp. Epoxy and let cure per
the instructions that come with the epoxy. Reassemble and see if it's
fixed.Put in the shelf and add some weight. If not fixed then epoxy the
shelf to the door.

Dave M.