Junior Member

Default Door frame falling away from wall

Hi, for a while now there has been a progressively increasing gap between my front door frame/porch and the wall behind it. This gap visibly widens whenever the door is closed with any force. A friend temporarily fixed it with some large screws straight through the frame into the wall, but I am now looking for a more permanent solution. Any suggestions? The gap is 1cm at its widest.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, September 9, 2012 12:31:09 PM UTC+1, vikingsnowman wrote:
Hi, for a while now there has been a progressively increasing gap

between my front door frame/porch and the wall behind it. This gap

visibly widens whenever the door is closed with any force. A friend

temporarily fixed it with some large screws straight through the frame

into the wall, but I am now looking for a more permanent solution. Any

suggestions? The gap is 1cm at its widest.

Hard to get better than screws

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

BT Newsgroup wrote:

Expanding foam?

wrote in message
On Sunday, September 9, 2012 12:31:09 PM UTC+1, vikingsnowman wrote:
Hi, for a while now there has been a progressively increasing gap

between my front door frame/porch and the wall behind it. This gap

visibly widens whenever the door is closed with any force. A friend

temporarily fixed it with some large screws straight through the frame

into the wall, but I am now looking for a more permanent solution. Any

suggestions? The gap is 1cm at its widest.

Hard to get better than screws

NT

Yes.

And if the OP could get some frame packers between the frame and screw, over
the screw (They are U shaped) then the screws would be able to pull up
tight.

But the foam will make a huge difference.

--
Tim Watts