Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Boiler is on but wont heat up for long

My boiler is on but won't heat up for long. the heaters are on but
emitting a very faint heat. I replaced the thermostat in my apartment and
still nothing. I tried to jump it by connecting the red and white wires
together but the boiler still does not fire up. I'm curious as to is this
a thermostat issue at the boiler itself? or a clogged pipe.

Posted to alt.home.repair

--

thhis came up at a friends home, the boiler was low on water...

shouldnt the building owner maitain the boiler?
Posted to alt.home.repair

From: Alfredo Alba

My boiler is on but won't heat up for long. the heaters are on but
emitting a very faint heat. I replaced the thermostat in my apartment and
still nothing. I tried to jump it by connecting the red and white wires
together but the boiler still does not fire up. I'm curious as to is this
a thermostat issue at the boiler itself? or a clogged pipe.

This is usenet, not a web forum. Can't see the
unit from here, hold it closer to the screen.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 07 Mar 2015 01:44:02 +0000, Alfredo Alba
wrote:

My boiler is on but won't heat up for long. the heaters are on but
emitting a very faint heat. I replaced the thermostat in my apartment and
still nothing. I tried to jump it by connecting the red and white wires
together but the boiler still does not fire up. I'm curious as to is this
a thermostat issue at the boiler itself? or a clogged pipe.

Could be many things. The thermostat does not start the boiler, only
the circulator. Once water is circulating, thermostats in the boiler
start the burner firing to heat the water to a pre-set temperature.

Things to check:
Is the circulator circulating? If it is not moving the water around
through the radiators, the water in the boiler will be hot and the
burner won't go on. See if the pump.motor is working.

Next to check are things like high and low limits settings, relays and
the like. If you don't know about them, call a service tech and avoid
making a problem worse.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Boiler is on but wont heat up for long Huh

Alfredo Alba posted for all of us...

My boiler is on but won't heat up for long. the heaters are on but
emitting a very faint heat. I replaced the thermostat in my apartment and
still nothing. I tried to jump it by connecting the red and white wires
together but the boiler still does not fire up. I'm curious as to is this
a thermostat issue at the boiler itself? or a clogged pipe.

--

Ask your landlord Geez...

--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 7 Mar 2015 16:09:03 -0500, Tekkie® wrote:

Ask your landlord Geez...

....butter bean!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJT99suKerg

_Boxing Butter Bean Knock Outs_