Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Laying Vinyl tiles over carpet

OH MY GOD.... I cant believe anyone would even consider this.....

FROM:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=188298.0

[BEGIN QUOTE]

Laying Vinyl tiles over carpet
« on: August 07, 2007 07:34:11 AM »

I know it's an unusual question but I am renting a unit that has carpet
which I am allergic to so I am planning on putting down self adhesive
vinyl tiles. The catch is the owner will only allow me to lay over the
top of the carpet that is already there as she will not allow it to be
removed to lay the vinyl tiles onto the concrete floor. As I can't
imagine the self adhesive tiles sticking too well to the carpet (even if
they did stick they may leave a residue on the carpet from the glue?)I
came up with a thought when I saw the foam type of underlay used for
floating or laminate floors. I am wondering if I laid this underlay over
the carpet, then stuck self adhesive vinyl tiles onto this underlay,
would the outcome be successful? Huh

Regards,
Debbie

[END QUOTE]

There is more to read on the webpage about this.....
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=188298.0

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/02/2015 11:53 PM, wrote:
OH MY GOD.... I cant believe anyone would even consider this.....

FROM:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=188298.0

[BEGIN QUOTE]

Laying Vinyl tiles over carpet
« on: August 07, 2007 07:34:11 AM »

That was in 2007 and I'm sure anyone that intelligent has certainly
Darwined them self out of existence by now.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 02 Mar 2015 23:53:09 -0600, wrote:

[...]

Loose lay plywood over the carpet and tile the plywood. Use T&G
plywood and glue the joints.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
OH MY GOD.... I cant believe anyone would even consider this.....

Well, Mr. PamBlocker.........
I do it all the time. In fact, I tiled over carpet on my Mars townhome.
I'm the talk of the planetary system.

Laying floor tiles over vinyl tiles ? TonyB UK diy 5 October 11th 09 03:47 PM
Laying vinyl floor over tiles lovezoo UK diy 3 May 1st 07 03:01 PM
Another try - Laying vinyl tiles Ben UK diy 2 March 3rd 05 11:41 PM
Laying vinyl tiles Ben UK diy 0 February 22nd 05 02:46 AM
Laying floor tiles on old lino/vinyl tiles Steve UK diy 4 September 28th 03 08:41 PM