Posted to alt.home.repair

Default THIS IS RETARDED... Flashlight with no switch

They were selling a cheap little kit at a store that has a jeweler
screwdriver set with 10 bits, and it included a "penlight" LED
flashlight. Cost $2.99. I needed some of those tiny screwdrivers, so I
bought it. Screwdrivers work fine, but the flashlight is retarded. It
has NO SWITCH. After unscrewing the tip (head with bulb), I found a
piece of paper between the batteries and the bulb. [There are no
instructions]. After removing the paper, it lights up, but there is no
way to turn it off, except to put that paper back, or remove the four
tiny coin cells. Of course it's made in China.... I wonder what idiot
designed that???????????

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, March 2, 2015 at 8:31:15 AM UTC-6, Stormin Mormon wrote:

and I'm still in the dark.

NO light will help you there...
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.slack,uk.rec.driving

Default Then she said: "THIS IS RETARDED... Flashlight with no switch"

wrote in message
They were selling a cheap little kit at a store that has a jeweler
screwdriver set with 10 bits, and it included a "penlight" LED
flashlight. Cost $2.99. I needed some of those tiny screwdrivers, so I
bought it. Screwdrivers work fine, but the flashlight is retarded. It
has NO SWITCH. After unscrewing the tip (head with bulb), I found a
piece of paper between the batteries and the bulb. [There are no
instructions]. After removing the paper, it lights up, but there is no
way to turn it off, except to put that paper back, or remove the four
tiny coin cells. Of course it's made in China.... I wonder what idiot
designed that???????????

You are a perfect example of why girls should leave the fixin' to us guys.
To turn off the light, one simply unscrews the "bulb" part until the light
goes by-by. "Nuff said.
LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 02 Mar 2015 16:58:50 -0700, Tony Hwang

They were selling a cheap little kit at a store that has a jeweler
screwdriver set with 10 bits, and it included a "penlight" LED
flashlight. Cost $2.99. I needed some of those tiny screwdrivers, so I
bought it. Screwdrivers work fine, but the flashlight is retarded. It
has NO SWITCH. After unscrewing the tip (head with bulb), I found a
piece of paper between the batteries and the bulb. [There are no
instructions]. After removing the paper, it lights up, but there is no
way to turn it off, except to put that paper back, or remove the four
tiny coin cells. Of course it's made in China.... I wonder what idiot
designed that???????????

Hi,
Retarded Who?, LOL!

Home Guy from Canada. Hoot!

People here think he has left, but now we see a bird of another color.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 02 Mar 2015 07:46:22 -0500, wrote:

On Mon, 02 Mar 2015 06:22:55 -0600,
wrote:

They were selling a cheap little kit at a store that has a jeweler
screwdriver set with 10 bits, and it included a "penlight" LED
flashlight. Cost $2.99. I needed some of those tiny screwdrivers, so I
bought it. Screwdrivers work fine, but the flashlight is retarded. It
has NO SWITCH. After unscrewing the tip (head with bulb), I found a
piece of paper between the batteries and the bulb. [There are no
instructions]. After removing the paper, it lights up, but there is no
way to turn it off, except to put that paper back, or remove the four
tiny coin cells. Of course it's made in China.... I wonder what idiot
designed that???????????

You just twist the head until the light goes off. Lots of cheap
flashlights work that way. It is better than a cheap switch that
doesn't work.

That's what I thought, but it dont work that way. It flickers, goes
off, but the moment I lay it down, the light is back on. If I unscrew
it more, the head falls off.

Considering that 4 of those tiny coin cells probably cost twice what I
paid for the whole deal, I may as well just save the batteries and bulb,
and toss the rest of it. The screwdrivers were worth what I paid anyhow,
so its no loss.... But why they make or sell something like this makes
little sense.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, March 2, 2015 at 10:28:15 PM UTC-6, wrote:
But why they make or sell something like this makes
little sense.

....for an emergency...if it doesn't corrode all to hell before it's used!