DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   THIS IS RETARDED... Flashlight with no switch (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/379227-retarded-flashlight-no-switch.html)

[email protected] March 2nd 15 12:22 PM

THIS IS RETARDED... Flashlight with no switch

They were selling a cheap little kit at a store that has a jeweler
screwdriver set with 10 bits, and it included a "penlight" LED
flashlight. Cost $2.99. I needed some of those tiny screwdrivers, so I
bought it. Screwdrivers work fine, but the flashlight is retarded. It
has NO SWITCH. After unscrewing the tip (head with bulb), I found a
piece of paper between the batteries and the bulb. [There are no
instructions]. After removing the paper, it lights up, but there is no
way to turn it off, except to put that paper back, or remove the four
tiny coin cells. Of course it's made in China.... I wonder what idiot
designed that???????????

Frank[_17_] March 2nd 15 01:08 PM

THIS IS RETARDED... Flashlight with no switch

On 3/2/2015 7:46 AM, wrote:
On Mon, 02 Mar 2015 06:22:55 -0600,
wrote:

They were selling a cheap little kit at a store that has a jeweler
screwdriver set with 10 bits, and it included a "penlight" LED
flashlight. Cost $2.99. I needed some of those tiny screwdrivers, so I
bought it. Screwdrivers work fine, but the flashlight is retarded. It
has NO SWITCH. After unscrewing the tip (head with bulb), I found a
piece of paper between the batteries and the bulb. [There are no
instructions]. After removing the paper, it lights up, but there is no
way to turn it off, except to put that paper back, or remove the four
tiny coin cells. Of course it's made in China.... I wonder what idiot
designed that???????????

You just twist the head until the light goes off. Lots of cheap
flashlights work that way. It is better than a cheap switch that
doesn't work.

I've got a little one like that on a Cabela's mini multi-tool.
Have not used it but it still works after about 6 years.
Trouble with these little lights is that when batteries die you might as
well throw the light away due to replacement cost of batteries.

Stormin Mormon[_10_] March 2nd 15 02:31 PM

On 3/2/2015 7:22 AM, wrote:
They were selling a cheap little kit at a store that has a jeweler
screwdriver set with 10 bits, and it included a "penlight" LED
flashlight. Cost $2.99. I needed some of those tiny screwdrivers, so I
bought it. Screwdrivers work fine, but the flashlight is retarded. It
has NO SWITCH. After unscrewing the tip (head with bulb), I found a
piece of paper between the batteries and the bulb. [There are no
instructions]. After removing the paper, it lights up, but there is no
way to turn it off, except to put that paper back, or remove the four
tiny coin cells. Of course it's made in China.... I wonder what idiot
designed that???????????

I've had some Chinky lights, that I had to partially
unscrew the end, to get it to shut off. I never
really trusted those.

Even the mini mag (slightly unscrew to TURN ON) the
light tends to turn it self on when I don't want.
Like in a theatre in the dark.

Harbor Freight has a little light with the paper in
it. 99 cents, good price. I'd hate to be in the dark
trying to get the end off, and scrape the little
paper off (in the dark). Or, be in the dark and find
the light got bumped on, and the batteries are dead
and I'm still in the dark. Can't win some times.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
..
www.lds.org
..
..

Bob_Villa March 2nd 15 02:48 PM

THIS IS RETARDED... Flashlight with no switch

On Monday, March 2, 2015 at 8:31:15 AM UTC-6, Stormin Mormon wrote:

and I'm still in the dark.

NO light will help you there...

Col. Edmund Burke[_7_] March 2nd 15 03:51 PM

Then she said: "THIS IS RETARDED... Flashlight with no switch"

wrote in message
They were selling a cheap little kit at a store that has a jeweler
screwdriver set with 10 bits, and it included a "penlight" LED
flashlight. Cost $2.99. I needed some of those tiny screwdrivers, so I
bought it. Screwdrivers work fine, but the flashlight is retarded. It
has NO SWITCH. After unscrewing the tip (head with bulb), I found a
piece of paper between the batteries and the bulb. [There are no
instructions]. After removing the paper, it lights up, but there is no
way to turn it off, except to put that paper back, or remove the four
tiny coin cells. Of course it's made in China.... I wonder what idiot
designed that???????????

You are a perfect example of why girls should leave the fixin' to us guys.
To turn off the light, one simply unscrews the "bulb" part until the light
goes by-by. "Nuff said.
LOL

Tony Hwang March 2nd 15 11:58 PM

wrote:
They were selling a cheap little kit at a store that has a jeweler
screwdriver set with 10 bits, and it included a "penlight" LED
flashlight. Cost $2.99. I needed some of those tiny screwdrivers, so I
bought it. Screwdrivers work fine, but the flashlight is retarded. It
has NO SWITCH. After unscrewing the tip (head with bulb), I found a
piece of paper between the batteries and the bulb. [There are no
instructions]. After removing the paper, it lights up, but there is no
way to turn it off, except to put that paper back, or remove the four
tiny coin cells. Of course it's made in China.... I wonder what idiot
designed that???????????

Hi,
Retarded Who?, LOL!

Oren[_2_] March 3rd 15 12:24 AM

THIS IS RETARDED... Flashlight with no switch

On Mon, 02 Mar 2015 16:58:50 -0700, Tony Hwang

They were selling a cheap little kit at a store that has a jeweler
screwdriver set with 10 bits, and it included a "penlight" LED
flashlight. Cost $2.99. I needed some of those tiny screwdrivers, so I
bought it. Screwdrivers work fine, but the flashlight is retarded. It
has NO SWITCH. After unscrewing the tip (head with bulb), I found a
piece of paper between the batteries and the bulb. [There are no
instructions]. After removing the paper, it lights up, but there is no
way to turn it off, except to put that paper back, or remove the four
tiny coin cells. Of course it's made in China.... I wonder what idiot
designed that???????????

Hi,
Retarded Who?, LOL!

Home Guy from Canada. Hoot!

People here think he has left, but now we see a bird of another color.

Frank[_17_] March 3rd 15 12:51 AM

On 3/2/2015 7:24 PM, Oren wrote:
[...]

Is colon the turd of another color?

Doug Miller[_4_] March 3rd 15 04:03 AM

THIS IS RETARDED... Flashlight with no switch

wrote in news:hmk8fa9s6r7mo1o2glfkau307psfel82m0@
4ax.com:

They were selling a cheap little kit at a store that has a jeweler
screwdriver set with 10 bits, and it included a "penlight" LED
flashlight. Cost $2.99. I needed some of those tiny screwdrivers, so I
bought it. Screwdrivers work fine, but the flashlight is retarded. It
has NO SWITCH. After unscrewing the tip (head with bulb), I found a
piece of paper between the batteries and the bulb. [There are no
instructions]. After removing the paper, it lights up, but there is no
way to turn it off, except to put that paper back, or remove the four
tiny coin cells. Of course it's made in China.... I wonder what idiot
designed that???????????

Someone who owns a lot of stock in battery-manufacturing companies...

[email protected] March 3rd 15 04:28 AM

wrote:

They were selling a cheap little kit at a store that has a jeweler
screwdriver set with 10 bits, and it included a "penlight" LED
flashlight. Cost $2.99. I needed some of those tiny screwdrivers, so I
bought it. Screwdrivers work fine, but the flashlight is retarded. It
has NO SWITCH. After unscrewing the tip (head with bulb), I found a
piece of paper between the batteries and the bulb. [There are no
instructions]. After removing the paper, it lights up, but there is no
way to turn it off, except to put that paper back, or remove the four
tiny coin cells. Of course it's made in China.... I wonder what idiot
designed that???????????

You just twist the head until the light goes off. Lots of cheap
flashlights work that way. It is better than a cheap switch that
doesn't work.

That's what I thought, but it dont work that way. It flickers, goes
off, but the moment I lay it down, the light is back on. If I unscrew
it more, the head falls off.

Considering that 4 of those tiny coin cells probably cost twice what I
paid for the whole deal, I may as well just save the batteries and bulb,
and toss the rest of it. The screwdrivers were worth what I paid anyhow,
so its no loss.... But why they make or sell something like this makes
little sense.

Bob_Villa March 3rd 15 02:50 PM

On Monday, March 2, 2015 at 10:28:15 PM UTC-6, wrote:
But why they make or sell something like this makes
little sense.

....for an emergency...if it doesn't corrode all to hell before it's used!

rbowman March 3rd 15 02:54 PM

wrote:

Considering that 4 of those tiny coin cells probably cost twice what I
paid for the whole deal, I may as well just save the batteries and bulb,
and toss the rest of it. The screwdrivers were worth what I paid anyhow,
so its no loss.... But why they make or sell something like this makes
little sense.

Given my experience with no-name Chinese coin batteries, tossing the whole
works might be better.

Col. Edmund Burke[_7_] March 4th 15 06:21 PM

"Frank" wrote in message
On 3/2/2015 7:24 PM, Oren wrote:
[...]

Frank? I colon isn't a turd; however, the two do have a relationship, one
to the udder.
Thanks fer axing.

Tekkie® March 6th 15 10:12 PM

THIS IS RETARDED... Flashlight with no switch Colon

NEMO posted for all of us...

On 3/4/2015 10:21 AM, Colon Edmud Burchese wrote:
"Frank" wrote in message
On 3/2/2015 7:24 PM, Oren wrote:
[...]

What's yer relationship with yer colon, Colon?

He is probing that as we wait. He won't stop until he has answer.

--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*