Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Low water pressure after watersofener

I have a watersofener from kenmore , I have noticed my water pressure has
not been very good so I increased the pressure to 65psi on my water
system this still did not help the problem. I went to the basement and
pushed on the bypass at the watersofener and now I have great water
pressure. The watersofener is only about 7 years old, do you have any idea
what is causing the problem is with the softener?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/31/2015 12:44 PM, john wrote:
I have a watersofener from kenmore , I have noticed my water pressure has
not been very good so I increased the pressure to 65psi on my water
system this still did not help the problem. I went to the basement and
pushed on the bypass at the watersofener and now I have great water
pressure. The watersofener is only about 7 years old, do you have any idea
what is causing the problem is with the softener?

Any filter or water treatment device will decrease flow. Did this just
start happening? I know softeners have a limited life, however, I used
to have one that was 3 or 4 times as old and seemed to be still working
when the town decided to change us from well water to Lake Michigan
water, at which time I removed the softener. But, at that time, I didn't
notice any increase in flow or pressure. In that house, you never wanted
to flush or run the washer or dishwasher when someone was showing ... it
was like the Simpson's clip where Bart kept doing it and Homer was in
the shower; too hot, too cold, too hot ... But in my present house,
there is a regulator set to about 65 PSI and you can run water anywhere
and not affect the shower. BTW, both houses had pressure balanced shower
valves.

---

Posted to alt.home.repair

--

Were/are there any strainers built into the connectors to the water saftener. They tend to clog over a long period of time, and in a short period of time if there is a fault in the supply and some crud gets into the water supply. I would take apart all the various connections to and from the softener, flush, and then see how the pressure is.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/31/2015 12:44 PM, john wrote:
I have a watersofener from kenmore , I have noticed my water pressure has
not been very good so I increased the pressure to 65psi on my water
system this still did not help the problem. I went to the basement and
pushed on the bypass at the watersofener and now I have great water
pressure. The watersofener is only about 7 years old, do you have any idea
what is causing the problem is with the softener?

There are a few possibilities. A strainer clogged, a valve passage
clogged, resin getting loose in the system. If you have the manual and
are not afraid to check things, go for it. Otherwise, have a serviceman
check it out. Expect to pay $75 to $150 depending on the actual problem.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 31 Jan 2015 17:44:02 +0000, john
wrote:

I have a watersofener from kenmore , I have noticed my water pressure has
not been very good so I increased the pressure to 65psi on my water
system this still did not help the problem. I went to the basement and
pushed on the bypass at the watersofener and now I have great water
pressure. The watersofener is only about 7 years old, do you have any idea
what is causing the problem is with the softener?

It's perfectly clear that soft water will not push as hard as hard
water. That's why girls can't box well

Posted to alt.home.repair

micky wrote in
:

wrote:

I have a watersofener from kenmore , I have noticed my water pressure
has not been very good so I increased the pressure to 65psi on my
water system this still did not help the problem. I went to the
basement and pushed on the bypass at the watersofener and now I have
great water pressure. The watersofener is only about 7 years old, do
you have any idea what is causing the problem is with the softener?

It's perfectly clear that soft water will not push as hard as hard
water. That's why girls can't box well

Nice post. Confirms that you are the type of friendless moron that likes
to see himself post, just to see himself post.