Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Silicone Lubricant for Plumbing

What kind of silicone lubricant are they talking about in this video? (It's applied to o-rings in kitchen faucets.) I'm
on the way to Lowe's, so I want to make sure I get the right stuff.

http://youtu.be/36TLUpEHpGk?t=1m30s

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 18 Jan 2015 14:00:48 -0500, wrote:

On Sun, 18 Jan 2015 13:46:03 -0500, mcp6453 wrote:

What kind of silicone lubricant are they talking about in this video? (It's applied to o-rings in kitchen faucets.) I'm
on the way to Lowe's, so I want to make sure I get the right stuff.

http://youtu.be/36TLUpEHpGk?t=1m30s

Something like Dow 111

http://www.amazon.com/DOW-111-Lubric.../dp/B00CTUJNU2

On some O-rings in the faucet, it may require food grade plumber's
grease - little goes a _long way_.

The video does not appear to need "food grade" lube.

just saying'
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, January 18, 2015 at 2:01:00 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sun, 18 Jan 2015 13:46:03 -0500, mcp6453 wrote:

What kind of silicone lubricant are they talking about in this video? (It's applied to o-rings in kitchen faucets.) I'm
on the way to Lowe's, so I want to make sure I get the right stuff.

http://youtu.be/36TLUpEHpGk?t=1m30s

Something like Dow 111

http://www.amazon.com/DOW-111-Lubric.../dp/B00CTUJNU2

Or Google "Magic Lube teflon". That's what I use for pool eqpt
O rings and similar. Same idea, it's paste like, doesn't dry out
and may in fact be silicone based.
The Magic Lube or similar a pool supply place should have.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 18 Jan 2015 13:46:03 -0500, mcp6453 wrote:

What kind of silicone lubricant are they talking about in this video? (It's applied to o-rings in kitchen faucets.) I'm
on the way to Lowe's, so I want to make sure I get the right stuff.

http://youtu.be/36TLUpEHpGk?t=1m30s

Isn't this what everyone uses,
http://www.homedepot.com/p/DANCO-0-5...8693/203193536
$3.37 for a small container. FWIW there is also this
http://www.homedepot.com/p/DANCO-1-2...0360/203193502
$2.99 for the same size container, and sold by Danco, the same ones who
sell the first one.

So what's the difference? It doesn't use the world silicone but what
does that mean in practice.

Good of you to ask while you're on the way. I'm guessing yo're home by
now.