Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kohler Low Boy Replacement Kit

I am considering gutting my Pompton and trying to install a Korky QuietFill.. No idea if it's going to work. I was wondering - has anyone tried to keep the existing drop-ball flapper while replacing the fill tube by taking a hacksaw to the internals? It looks like there is flow through the tube but I don't know if that has any relationship to the drop ball delay. It also looks like there is some water sent to the bowl from the supply and not just the tank, but apparently that is not necessary?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, January 13, 2015 at 4:20:58 AM UTC-5, wrote:
I am considering gutting my Pompton and trying to install a Korky QuietFill. No idea if it's going to work. I was wondering - has anyone tried to keep the existing drop-ball flapper while replacing the fill tube by taking a hacksaw to the internals? It looks like there is flow through the tube but I don't know if that has any relationship to the drop ball delay. It also looks like there is some water sent to the bowl from the supply and not just the tank, but apparently that is not necessary?

If the question is can you replace the fill valve part without changing
the overflow/flapper part, the answer is yes. It's done all the time.
I don't see why you'd think
a hacksaw would be required. In all the toilets I've seen, those parts
are separate, with only a small refill tube going from the valve over to the
top of the overflow tube. The refill tube is typically just a plastic tube,
held on by a clip. In very old toilets it was a copper tube. Neither
required a hacksaw.

better kohler piston Karl Townsend Metalworking 5 February 26th 11 06:18 AM
Complementing Kohler GROVER Home Repair 13 January 4th 10 12:09 AM
Kohler engine serswonthelp Home Repair 3 May 23rd 09 06:11 PM
Kohler sink frank Home Repair 1 August 4th 06 01:34 AM
Kohler 321 stalls when rev'd [email protected] Home Repair 2 August 26th 05 12:01 PM