Posted to alt.home.repair

Default pink resudue in ultrasonic humidifier; with ro

I'm using RO water in an ultrasonic humidifier to rid the vapor of that white mineral dust, and it works well. However, while cleaning the humidifier I found a pink residue inside. The net says that this is bacterial in nature but I thought I'd check with you guys and assure myself that it isn't something the RO system is leaking into the water.

This is the system:
http://www.uswatersystems.com/system...apro-5050.html

This is the article:
http://www.wrintl.com/faqs.asp#Can_p...icro-organisms

Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

If it were from the RO system the water would be pink before putting into the humidifier, so my bet is on a bio-slime caused by air-borne bacteria. The solution is to periodically clean the reservoir with a bleach solution.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, December 18, 2014 12:52:22 PM UTC-6, wrote:
I'm using RO water in an ultrasonic humidifier to rid the vapor of that white mineral dust, and it works well. However, while cleaning the humidifier I found a pink residue inside. The net says that this is bacterial in nature but I thought I'd check with you guys and assure myself that it isn't something the RO system is leaking into the water.

This is the system:
http://www.uswatersystems.com/system...apro-5050.html

This is the article:
http://www.wrintl.com/faqs.asp#Can_p...icro-organisms

Thanks.

If it was from the RO system the water would be pink before putting into the humidifier, so my bet is on a bio-slime caused by air-borne bacteria. The solution is to periodically clean the reservoir with a bleach solution.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
On Thursday, December 18, 2014 12:52:22 PM UTC-6, wrote:
I'm using RO water in an ultrasonic humidifier to rid the vapor of that
white mineral dust, and it works well. However, while cleaning the
humidifier I found a pink residue inside. The net says that this is
bacterial in nature but I thought I'd check with you guys and assure
myself that it isn't something the RO system is leaking into the water.

This is the system:
http://www.uswatersystems.com/system...apro-5050.html

This is the article:
http://www.wrintl.com/faqs.asp#Can_p...icro-organisms

Thanks.

If it was from the RO system the water would be pink before putting into
the humidifier, so my bet is on a bio-slime caused by air-borne bacteria.
The solution is to periodically clean the reservoir with a bleach solution.

I get pink areas in bathtub and kitchen sink sprayer. I have not seen this
before living in this house. I don't think my water has much chlorine in it
here.

Greg

ultrasonic cleaner geoff UK diy 16 October 13th 11 09:22 PM
Ultrasonic measures Andy Dingley UK diy 6 June 1st 08 01:43 PM
CPC ultrasonic cleaners Newshound UK diy 44 July 30th 07 12:42 PM
Ultrasonic cat repellant?? Ken Moiarty Home Ownership 7 December 17th 05 07:45 PM
Used Ultrasonic wlelder uses? [email protected] Metalworking 4 January 17th 05 05:28 PM