Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Does cavity in Microwave be rapaired ?

Sir,
My microwave oven doesn't work. When technician came he advise that now
this oven can't repaired as cavity is gone. Means what ?

Posted to alt.home.repair

--

Why didn't you ask him? I'd say it means the metal oven shell that forms
the interior of the oven itself has been compromised.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"trader_4" wrote in message

On Tuesday, December 16, 2014 9:44:05 AM UTC-5, Raja wrote:
Sir,
My microwave oven doesn't work. When technician came he advise that
now
this oven can't repaired as cavity is gone. Means what ?

--

Why didn't you ask him? I'd say it means the metal oven shell that
forms
the interior of the oven itself has been compromised.

A reasonable response. According to Wikipedia...

"A microwave cavity or radio frequency (RF) cavity is a special type of
resonator, consisting of a closed (or largely closed) metal structure that
confines electromagnetic fields in the microwave region of the spectrum.
The structure is either hollow or filled with dielectric material."

Plus a whole bunch more
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microwave_cavity

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Posted to alt.home.repair

Raja wrote:

My microwave oven doesn't work. When technician came he advise that now
this oven can't repaired as cavity is gone. Means what ?

Means you buy a new microwave. Presumably he was talking about the cavity
magnetron:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavity_magnetron

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Raja" wrote in message
roups.com...

My microwave oven doesn't work. When technician came he advise that now
this oven can't repaired as cavity is gone. Means what ?

Cavity = cavity magnetron, which is the gadget that generates the
microwaves that energize (cook) your food. You must buy a new oven.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs