Posted to alt.home.repair

Default BOTH LIGHTS COME ON AT ONCE

I replaced a dual switch in the kitchen here at Sunset Chateau the other
day. The old one just got worn out, something like me. The top switch
operates the main ceiling light, while the bottom switch works the
under-counter lights. Now when I flip either switch, both ceiling and
under-counter lights come on. Now I'm going to remove the breakaway bar
that's supposed to isolate the two switches. Wish me luck and pray to Jesus
I don't get electrocuted or burn the house down.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/09/2014 11:50 AM, Col. Edmund Burke wrote:
I replaced a dual switch in the kitchen here at Sunset Chateau the other
day. The old one just got worn out, something like me. The top switch
operates the main ceiling light, while the bottom switch works the
under-counter lights. Now when I flip either switch, both ceiling and
under-counter lights come on. Now I'm going to remove the breakaway bar
that's supposed to isolate the two switches. Wish me luck and pray to
Jesus I don't get electrocuted or burn the house down.

BTW, Jesus can't help you there - he knows nothing about electricity

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 10 Dec 2014 13:02:05 -0600, hah
wrote:

On 12/09/2014 11:50 AM, Col. Edmund Burke wrote:
I replaced a dual switch in the kitchen here at Sunset Chateau the other
day. The old one just got worn out, something like me. The top switch
operates the main ceiling light, while the bottom switch works the
under-counter lights. Now when I flip either switch, both ceiling and
under-counter lights come on. Now I'm going to remove the breakaway bar
that's supposed to isolate the two switches. Wish me luck and pray to
Jesus I don't get electrocuted or burn the house down.

BTW, Jesus can't help you there - he knows nothing about electricity

Are you sure? His father invented it.