Posted to alt.home.repair

Default My computer is being hacked ! ! !

To: Todd
On 12/7/2014 6:27 AM, Todd wrote:
On 12/06/2014 07:03 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I've since heard of two businesses that got caught in this scam. One
was $2000, the other was $10,000, but most was taken care of by the CC
company after about 6 months of hassle.

Hi Ed,

I am constantly getting calls from customers about these
kinds of scams (criminal activity). "But they sound so
real and isn't Microsoft's tech support out of India?"

I have to tell my customers to think about it. "You wouldn't
have much of a career as a criminal if you didn't have
an honest face." Some still don't get it, but at least
they believe me when I tell them this is criminal activity.

-T

Microsoft support is coming out of the Philippines, I believe, but it
could be elsewhere too.

I had bought MS Office on line and the install got all screwed up and I
had to call them. They called back immediately and the tech took
control of my computer and fixed it. It took some time and we talked
about where he was.

Also talked to a Comcast tech a while back that was also in the Philippines.

Scary to watch them take control of computer and if crooks they could
really do a job on you.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
* Origin: e (1:249/999)
--- Synchronet 3.15b-Win32 NewsLink 1.92
SpaceSST BBS Usenet Fidonet Gateway
Posted to alt.home.repair

To: Frank
On 12/08/2014 09:44 AM, Frank wrote:
Scary to watch them take control of computer and if crooks they could
really do a job on you.

My opinion, M$ is extremely unprofessional by not
providing media anymore with office. By the
way, LibreOffice is coming into its own.

I use Go To Assist a lot. Before I move the
customer's mouse, I tell them "now it is going
to seem like there is a ghost inside your computer".
Everyone remarks on it.

Go to Assist is fun for me because I can ask the customer
to show me what is happening. About 80% of the time
their description is off in the weeds.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
* Origin: e (1:249/999)
--- Synchronet 3.15b-Win32 NewsLink 1.92
SpaceSST BBS Usenet Fidonet Gateway
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/9/2014 11:30 AM, Todd wrote:
To: Frank
On 12/08/2014 09:44 AM, Frank wrote:
Scary to watch them take control of computer and if crooks they could
really do a job on you.

My opinion, M$ is extremely unprofessional by not
providing media anymore with office. By the
way, LibreOffice is coming into its own.

I use Go To Assist a lot. Before I move the
customer's mouse, I tell them "now it is going
to seem like there is a ghost inside your computer".
Everyone remarks on it.

Go to Assist is fun for me because I can ask the customer
to show me what is happening. About 80% of the time
their description is off in the weeds.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
* Origin: e (1:249/999)
--- Synchronet 3.15b-Win32 NewsLink 1.92
SpaceSST BBS Usenet Fidonet Gateway

Libre Office and Open Office were working for me for over a year but
having to add some jpg's to docs I was making for a client would not
work in his MS Word. So I just bought MS Office as a business expense
and write-off.

Thing I hate about it as with Win 8 is MS trying to nickel and dime more
out of you doing things.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/09/2014 11:09 AM, Frank wrote:

Libre Office and Open Office were working for me for over a year but
having to add some jpg's to docs I was making for a client would not
work in his MS Word. So I just bought MS Office as a business expense
and write-off.

Libre Office has an awesome bug reporter. They have fixed tons
of bugs for me. If this is a major bug for you, they will
usually fix it in about three weeks. (Try that with anything
M$ publishes!)

Thing I hate about it as with Win 8 is MS trying to nickel and dime more
out of you doing things.

1+

I think the whole reason behind Windows Frankenstein (w8) is
trying to cash in on the Apple Store. I hate the M$ store.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/9/2014 2:22 PM, Todd wrote:
On 12/09/2014 11:09 AM, Frank wrote:

Libre Office and Open Office were working for me for over a year but
having to add some jpg's to docs I was making for a client would not
work in his MS Word. So I just bought MS Office as a business expense
and write-off.

Libre Office has an awesome bug reporter. They have fixed tons
of bugs for me. If this is a major bug for you, they will
usually fix it in about three weeks. (Try that with anything
M$ publishes!)

Thing I hate about it as with Win 8 is MS trying to nickel and dime more
out of you doing things.

1+

I think the whole reason behind Windows Frankenstein (w8) is
trying to cash in on the Apple Store. I hate the M$ store.

Yup, that's the way I look at it.