Posted to alt.home.repair

Default SINCE I RETIRED

I don't go to work anymore.
Discuss........

--
Only a few men can be truly free; to be, in the proper sense of the word,
sui juris, master of his own time and powers, and able to say every morning,
"This day is my own." Your Colonel is one of those men.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, December 1, 2014 1:25:22 PM UTC-5, Col. Edmund Burke wrote:
I don't go to work anymore.
Discuss........

--
Only a few men can be truly free; to be, in the proper sense of the word,
sui juris, master of his own time and powers, and able to say every morning,
"This day is my own." Your Colonel is one of those men.

Was your retirement recent? I'm planning on retiring next November.

Paul
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Pavel314" wrote in message
On Monday, December 1, 2014 1:25:22 PM UTC-5, Col. Edmund Burke wrote:
I don't go to work anymore.
Discuss........

--
Only a few men can be truly free; to be, in the proper sense of the word,
sui juris, master of his own time and powers, and able to say every
morning,
"This day is my own." Your Colonel is one of those men.

Was your retirement recent? I'm planning on retiring next November.

Paul

I retired in September 2000, and lovin' it ever since.
Good luck in yours. Keep busy, and don't let yer meat loaf.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Col. Edmund Burke wrote:
I don't go to work anymore.
Discuss........

Neither does your brain, from what you are posting.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/01/2014 12:25 PM, Col. Edmund Burke wrote:
I don't go to work anymore.

Then ya must not be married.

I retired two years ago and I'm busier than ever...

not today though!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/1/2014 4:46 PM, philo wrote:
On 12/01/2014 12:25 PM, Col. Edmund Burke wrote:
I don't go to work anymore.

Then ya must not be married.

Of course he isn't....look at all the idiot postings. People without
lives tend to troll.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/01/2014 01:46 PM, philo wrote:
On 12/01/2014 12:25 PM, Col. Edmund Burke wrote:
I don't go to work anymore.

Then ya must not be married.

I retired two years ago and I'm busier than ever...

Chuckle. Did I say a word? Not one word!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bob F" wrote in message
Col. Edmund Burke wrote:
I don't go to work anymore.
Discuss........

Neither does your brain, from what you are posting.

Now, now...... That's no way to address a full bird colonel.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Meanie" wrote in message
On 12/1/2014 4:46 PM, philo wrote:
On 12/01/2014 12:25 PM, Col. Edmund Burke wrote:
I don't go to work anymore.

Then ya must not be married.

Of course he isn't....look at all the idiot postings. People without lives
tend to troll.

I'm just a lot smarter 'n you, that's all.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/01/2014 03:46 PM, Col. Edmund Burke wrote:
"Bob F" wrote in message
Col. Edmund Burke wrote:
I don't go to work anymore.
Discuss........

Neither does your brain, from what you are posting.

Now, now...... That's no way to address a full bird colonel.

NCO to officer: when did you work for a living to start with?

:-)

Just pulling your chain.

Posted to alt.home.repair
pv pv is offline

On 2014-12-01 4:46 PM, Col. Edmund Burke wrote:
"Bob F" wrote in message
Col. Edmund Burke wrote:
I don't go to work anymore.
Discuss........

Neither does your brain, from what you are posting.

Now, now...... That's no way to address a full bird colonel.

Only possible way for this to be true is if he has a turkey up his ass,
and even then it's a lie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/01/2014 05:39 PM, Todd wrote:
On 12/01/2014 01:46 PM, philo wrote:
On 12/01/2014 12:25 PM, Col. Edmund Burke wrote:
I don't go to work anymore.

Then ya must not be married.

I retired two years ago and I'm busier than ever...

Chuckle. Did I say a word? Not one word!

However there is one thing I did without the misses even having to tell me.
This summer I replaced the cracked window in the pantry.

It was like that when I moved in in 1979

just did not want to rush into things you know.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/1/2014 1:25 PM, Col. Edmund Burke wrote:
I don't go to work anymore.
Discuss........

You've also learned to constantly change your address.
Lets see if we can kf anyway.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank wrote:
On 12/1/2014 1:25 PM, Col. Edmund Burke wrote:
I don't go to work anymore.
Discuss........

You've also learned to constantly change your address.
Lets see if we can kf anyway.

watch out for his crossposting into troll infested groups,
too

Senior Member

I'm afraid I might HAVE TO retire.

I'm scheduled to have my left knee replaced come February, 2015. I'm not sure how well I'll be able to climb stairs or kneel down after that. I may have to sell my building and use that income to live on, but I think staying at home all day will drive me nutz.

I graduated as a mechanical engineer in 1978, took several courses toward my master's in chemical engineering, but never finished my master's and have been renovating and managing my small apartment block since 1986. I can see I would be a valuable employee for anyone who buys my building, but small companies in the rental business generally don't pay worth a damm. I'd be lucky to get a job as a lousy caretaker, and even thin I'd be having to show apartments all day long, cut grass, blow snow and everything I'm doing now.

I'm thinking I'd like to find a job I could do, but I can't really see any kind of a job I'd be good at other than managing a small apartment block. So, I may have to retire because of my inability to climb steps, ladders or kneel down, but I'm kinda scared of retiring and not being able to find some kind of work to keep me busy and my mind active that I'd like. I know Winnipeg well, and have a good driving record, so I could be a good delivery truck driver, but I believe I could do more than that. Driving a small delivery car or truck is something anyone could do. You don't have to have any special knowledge to do that, and I believe I've learned a lot about all kinds of stuff maintaining and renovating my building over the past 30 years.

I dread the thoughts of going to work at Home Depot or another home center.

Last edited by nestork : December 2nd 14 at 01:57 AM
Posted to alt.home.repair

"ChairMan" wrote in message
Frank wrote:
On 12/1/2014 1:25 PM, Col. Edmund Burke wrote:
I don't go to work anymore.
Discuss........

You've also learned to constantly change your address.
Lets see if we can kf anyway.

watch out for his crossposting into troll infested groups, too

Are you two guys my new groupies?