Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cordless Dustbuster Won't Charge

replying to tnom, Gaylene wrote:
tnom wrote:

I've had three of these now. They all have the same problem. The
internal brass conductors that switch between operate and charge
do not always make a good connection in the charge position. I have
taken them apart, cleaned them, re-tensioned and aligned them and
they still will not make good contact in the charge position every
time.
The only successful way of putting the switch into the charge position
is to wiggle the switch in the charge position and hope that the
contact will work its way into a conductive state. So far it has
worked 95% of the time with the two I have in operation right now.

I just bought one of these for $2 at a thrift store. It wouldn't charge.
I did a search about it and came across this discussion. I read about the
contacts and what I did was wedged a piece of paper folded up to the right
thickness on the opposite side of the contacts in between the charger base
and the unit. Thought if this don't work I'm throwing it away. After as
few hours of charging I took it off the base and turned it on and it
worked!!! Yay!! Thanks tnom!!!!