Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Replacement closet flange (Repost)

(I originally posted this at 12:37, but it never appeared. So here it is
again, with a new paragraph that starts with "Another advantage."

I'm trying choose between the 4" Sioux Chief with the three red rubber
seals for $22.99

http://www.acehardware.com/search/in.../19541496&sr=1

and the Sioux Chief 3" x 4" just above it and to the right for $2.99,
that fits into the drain pipe very snugly, but has no seal. Thus I would
rely on the wax ring to seal against odors.

I was originally going to go with the one with the red seals, relying on
friction to secure it to the drain pipe and to securely anchor the
toilet, hoping to avoid drilling into the concrete floor to attach it.
But Sioux still recommends attaching it to the floor. So if I have to
drill in either case, why not go with the cheaper one?

Another advantage of the cheaper one would be easier to remove if future
repairs are needed, since it's not glued to the drain pipe. I don't know
how hard it would be to pull out the one with the three seals.

FWIW, the flange will rest on top of the finished floor.

Thanks,

R1
Posted to alt.home.repair

Reb,

Another advantage of the cheaper one would be easier to remove if future
repairs are needed, since it's not glued to the drain pipe. I don't know
how hard it would be to pull out the one with the three seals.

I find the multiple posts to be confusing. Let's be clear though, the
cheap one is glued in. It will not be easy to remove.
The one with the red seals might be easy to remove.

Dave M.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/24/2014 7:08 PM, David Martel wrote:
Reb,

Another advantage of the cheaper one would be easier to remove if future
repairs are needed, since it's not glued to the drain pipe. I don't know
how hard it would be to pull out the one with the three seals.

I find the multiple posts to be confusing. Let's be clear though, the
cheap one is glued in. It will not be easy to remove.
The one with the red seals might be easy to remove.

Dave M.

My original post was attempted at 12:37. Usually they appear within a
minute. When it hadn't appeared by 1:20, I figured it was simply lost in
internet heaven; thus the second post.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In ,
Rebel1 typed:
On 9/24/2014 7:08 PM, David Martel wrote:
Reb,

Another advantage of the cheaper one would be easier to remove if
future repairs are needed, since it's not glued to the drain pipe.
I don't know how hard it would be to pull out the one with the
three seals.

I find the multiple posts to be confusing. Let's be clear
though, the cheap one is glued in. It will not be easy to remove.
The one with the red seals might be easy to remove.

Dave M.

My original post was attempted at 12:37. Usually they appear within a
minute. When it hadn't appeared by 1:20, I figured it was simply lost
in internet heaven; thus the second post.

That has also happened to me in the past and it resulted in me posting the
same thing twice thinking the first one didn't go through. But, you
indicated that it was a re-post so no harm done.